Salisbury Plains - Sunday 29th 2023

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Dear all,

We are excited to release the information for our first event in 2023 calendar Salisbury Plains!

Date: Sunday 29th January

Arrival time: 9:30am

Get underway: 10am

Event Spaces: 12 + 3 leaders (Chrisby, MGomes, Otruk)

Tickets:

Interest for Salisbury Plains is usually high & tickets are allocated on a first come first serve basis.

Please visit the club shop to order your ticket & secure your spot.

One ticket per vehicle required & you must be a member of the club (easy to join).

Pricing:

This is a free of charge JOC event as requested by the plains.

We would kindly request if you are attending that you consider making an optional £20 + donation to Myeloma UK in Jim's memory.

Vehicle requirements:

All participating Jeeps must have:

·        All terrain OR mud tires

·        Water protection

·        Front & rear recovery points

Vehicle recommendations:

It is advisable to have a snorkel, but this is at your discretion.

Please be aware:

It is the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle to decide if their Jeep is capable of dealing with the water, mud etc. The JOC team will do our best to ensure nobody gets stuck or has to go through anything that could damage their vehicle, but we can only do so much.

This event is subject to the weather. Although a recce has been kindly undertaken by Chris the weather between now & the event may influence whether we are able to go ahead or need to postpone.

Routes:

1.      Perimeter route

• 2 groups of up to 5 vehicles will run in opposing directions.
  •  This circles the whole of the plains taking in Stonehenge plus the German village, tank graveyard, racecourse & various MoD installations.
  •  Currently considered suitable for most Jeeps as there were options to bypass more obstacles & water during the recce.

2.     Challenging route

• For 1 group of up to 5 vehicles & as the name suggests this is a little more challenging.
  • Ideally needs to be driven in a fully off-road Jeep with lift, snorkel etc.

Routes will be allocated the day prior to the event once a 2nd site recce has been undertaken.

Meeting point:

Just south of Everleigh car park & facilities. Co-ordinates to be released asap.

Team/ Leaders:

Chris B

Mrs V

MGomes

Otruk

Thank you so much MGomes & Otruk for your help at this event! We really appreciate it. Huge shout out to Chrisby for your invaluable support arranging this event. 

Look forward to seeing you all soon!

Mrs O & Team JOC

IMG_6086.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

Please comment below if you are able to help lead a group. 

Further details will follow when we have more of an idea of the number wishing to attend & group leaders available. 

Hope you all have a great weekend!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raakhee said:

Happy to follow @MGomes taking photos of our Jeeps.

Be brave, you’ve been to the Plains a lot from what I have seen, get out front in that big new Rubicon and show newbs like me the way 😁

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member
4 hours ago, MGomes said:

I have had a training sessions cancelled that day, happy lead a group

Thank you! That is very much appreciated!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
40 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Be brave, you’ve been to the Plains a lot from what I have seen, get out front in that big new Rubicon and show newbs like me the way 😁

My trips to the Plains include snacking while driving, taking photos, singing loudly to Country music and being in the middle of the convoy so I can get muddy.

But I will be helping @MGomes with checking the routes, ie puddle depth and suitability for all vehicles in the convoy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, UKTJ said:

@Raakheeloves to follow me as I get the wading stick out all the time... and before anyone makes "comments" - it is a "real stick" with markings every 10" lol

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Raakhee said:

My trips to the Plains include snacking while driving, taking photos, singing loudly to Country music and being in the middle of the convoy so I can get muddy.

But I will be helping @MGomes with checking the routes, ie puddle depth and suitability for all vehicles in the convoy. 

Sound like a very good sort of trip!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member

I’d be OK to do a lead but sadly can’t make this one. JOC Plains outings are always great fun, hope you all have a good one.

• Sad 1

• Platinum Member
17 hours ago, otruk said:

Also could check any routes prior to event!

Can partner with yo on that as I live nearby (this way one car does not go alone)

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi, I've just heard about what I have been waiting for. Unfortunately I definitely cannot come along, as much as I would like. It almost certainly means I can't make the social either. 

Have a gr8 time everyone , hope to see you next time out!

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
On 09/01/2023 at 17:35, otruk said:

Happy to lead, I live 20 miles away from the Plain.

That would be great, thank you! 

Just now, Volant165 said:

That would be great, thank you! 

Do we know if this is definitely going ahead yet?  It is just that I have something else I will need cancel in favour of this if it is.

Cheers.

• Platinum Member
On 11/01/2023 at 19:55, UKTJ said:

Do we know if this is definitely going ahead yet?  It is just that I have something else I will need cancel in favour of this if it is.

Cheers.

Yes this event will definitely be going ahead 😀. More details will follow tomorrow. 

• Like 6

• Platinum Member
11 minutes ago, Hecklejk said:

Is this a family friendly event? Would love to bring the kids along.

All welcome!

Watch this space for event further information to be released tomorrow. 

Mrs O 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Full event details can be found at the top of this post with tickets NOW available in the JOC shop.

This is a free of charge event. Spaces are limited & tickets are allocated on a first come first serve basis.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
Jeepinwithgeorgie

Just booked my spot! Salisbury has been on the to do list for a while, looking forward to it 👍

• Like 4