Salisbury Plains - Sunday 29th 2023

Volant165

• Platinum Member
On 15/01/2023 at 22:51, Volant165 said:

That is perfect. Thank you so much! Your donation will help to make a difference for multiple myeloma patients! ❤️ #togetherwecanmakeadifference 

Would be great to now (if possible) how much we will raise from this event 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
On 17/01/2023 at 17:03, Hecklejk said:

Thanks for the heads up, but I have a 4 person roof tent so will be well protected from the soggy ground!!

Caroline is an "expert camper" in the area 🙂 - but I can vouch for the Marlborough campsite - beautiful area (walk my dog there all the time) 

• Confused 1

• Platinum Member
4 minutes ago, MGomes said:

Caroline is an "expert camper" in the area 🙂 - but I can vouch for the Marlborough campsite - beautiful area (walk my dog there all the time) 

Am I ? Thanks Manny :)) nice of you to say so :))

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Caroline12 said:

Am I ? Thanks Manny :)) nice of you to say so :))

You have camped enough in the area when you did your "greenlaning by foot" (i.e. walking lol)

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
barrythewrangler

Eleanor here. Dave and I might pop up just to say Hello for 9:30am and meet everyone. We aren't kitted out for off-roading, however we live about 2 miles away from Salisbury Plain so would be nice to see you all. Hope this would be okay? 😊

• Like 4

• Platinum Member
25 minutes ago, barrythewrangler said:

Eleanor here. Dave and I might pop up just to say Hello for 9:30am and meet everyone. We aren't kitted out for off-roading, however we live about 2 miles away from Salisbury Plain so would be nice to see you all. Hope this would be okay? 😊

That would be lovely! 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
12 minutes ago, Jeepster1941 said:

Ticket booked. Will be our first JOC event so will be great to meet everyone. Alex

Fantastic, look forward to meeting you!

Mrs V (Lou)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barrythewrangler said:

Always nice to see TJs 😃

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi There, I have booked a place to this trip, however I would like to verify whether my Jeep is suitable.

Can you check the uploaded picture, please?

I don't have a snorkel 😞

Thank you and best wishes,

Bela

Jeep wrangler.jpg

• Like 6

• Platinum Member

Hi

I have a 4” lift but unfortunately do not have a snorkel. 
it’s a 2.7 Diesel. 
I haven’t “waterproofed” it either. 
Is it suitable for this event can anybody advise please?

If so can I book myself in?

Cheers

Bob

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Where is your air intake - that's the question?
I'm fairly sure all the more onerous parts of the routes on the 'perimeter' run can be bypassed and/or otherwise avoided. Our Team Leaders can advise, but the benefit of trekking with JOC is that no-one will be asked or 'persuaded' to do anything that they are not happy with and maybe damaging to their vehicle. 

You will not be vilified for refusing any part of the trip, in fact I would applaud you. Any fool can get stuck, but the trick is not to! Unless you really want to, and some do!   And there are plenty fellow Jeepers to recover you if you do get stuck.

So come and enjoy! But bring wellies, cos I'm not paddling in the mud and water to attach strops, you are! LOL.

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Stitch4x4 said:

Hi

I have a 4” lift but unfortunately do not have a snorkel. 
it’s a 2.7 Diesel. 
I haven’t “waterproofed” it either. 
Is it suitable for this event can anybody advise please?

If so can I book myself in?

Cheers

Bob

You will be fine, the perimeter route will always have a way around if you are not comfortable with it 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
16 minutes ago, jerryg said:

Where is your air intake - that's the question?
I'm fairly sure all the more onerous parts of the routes on the 'perimeter' run can be bypassed and/or otherwise avoided. Our Team Leaders can advise, but the benefit of trekking with JOC is that no-one will be asked or 'persuaded' to do anything that they are not happy with and maybe damaging to their vehicle. 

You will not be vilified for refusing any part of the trip, in fact I would applaud you. Any fool can get stuck, but the trick is not to! Unless you really want to, and some do!   And there are plenty fellow Jeepers to recover you if you do get stuck.

So come and enjoy! But bring wellies, cos I'm not paddling in the mud and water to attach strops, you are! LOL.

Let’s not forget the golden rules… 

1. Point and laugh

2. Take pictures 

3. help out 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
On 15/01/2023 at 20:57, UKTJ said:

Booked - order number #3607.

Spaces going very fast.

I think you going 🤣

• Platinum Member
On 18/01/2023 at 20:15, Mike WK2 said:

It appears my 1100 miles round trip to Aberdeen over two days, was one trip to many for my intermittent Transmission fault on start up. 

It appears to now have become a permanent feature, and my gearbox is stuck in limp mode. With little chance of fixing it in the next two weeks as I’ve been hunting for the required part for 5 months now. 

Knowing spaces are limited for this event, to be fair to other members which may want to attend please feel free to release my place to someone else who can definitely attend. 

Hopefully sourcing the part and getting back on the road won’t take another 5 months 🙈🤣

Hi Mike, 

Sorry to hear you are having transmission issues. I just wanted to double check you are happy for your ticket to be reallocted still. There is a waiting list for the event so I am positive it would be snapped up if you no longer can use it. 

Mrs Volant (Lou)

• Platinum Member

Hi Lou, 

absolutely wouldn’t want someone to miss out when there is little chance I will be back on the road by the event. 

Hope everyone has a great day. 

• Platinum Member
7 hours ago, Mike WK2 said:

Hi Lou, 

absolutely wouldn’t want someone to miss out when there is little chance I will be back on the road by the event. 

Hope everyone has a great day. 

Thank for you confirming. Really appreciate it. Hope to see you soon! 

• Platinum Member
20 hours ago, HussaR said:

Hi guys

is there a chance I could join someone? Happy to contribute petrol costs etc !!!

alex

Just to let you know there is a spare space Alex now if you'd like to take your own jeep rather than jump in with someone else. 

• Platinum Member

I don’t have a jeep yet - I’ve been planning on getting a wrangler 2 door rubi, but likely will only buy in June !

• Like 1