Salisbury Plains end of January '22

Volant165

• Platinum Member
Jeepinwithgeorgie

Count me in!! If its the Sunday I'll be able to make it.. Saturday isn't possible due to work

Edited by Georgiesrubiconadventures
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Member
14 hours ago, slammedeluxe said:

I would be interested in this! 

especially as JuicyLucie says it’ll be Fiiiinneee apparantly 👍🏻👍🏻😂

Just be ready for hours of fun with the pressure washer after lol

• Haha 3

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

This is begining to look less like a day out..................................... more like a Plains Jeep invasion 🤣🤣

Next stop Ukraine 👍👍🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 6

• Platinum Member
4 minutes ago, spookie the aardvark said:

This is begining to look less like a day out..................................... more like a Plains Jeep invasion 🤣🤣

Next stop Ukraine 👍👍🤣🤣🤣

Let’s get the flag poles out 😂😂

• Haha 5

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths

If there is space left I would definitely be interested in joining everyone for this opportunity to drive the plains.

Depending on what day it is held Bailey JW will also be keen to come too. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
BlackRockRubicon

Whoever is organising the trip will need to be mindful that vehicles travelling the plain and surrounding byways need to be broken down into no bigger than 6 per group. Ok to meet together before, during lunch and after. The ramblers, dog walkers and equestrian people don’t take too kindly to a lot of 4x4s using the byways in convoy. At the moment, there is a good harmony between us all and it would be great if we didn’t rock that boat. 

looking forward to meeting you all 🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BlackRockRubicon said:

Whoever is organising the trip will need to be mindful that vehicles travelling the plain and surrounding byways need to be broken down into no bigger than 6 per group. Ok to meet together before, during lunch and after. The ramblers, dog walkers and equestrian people don’t take too kindly to a lot of 4x4s using the byways in convoy. At the moment, there is a good harmony between us all and it would be great if we didn’t rock that boat. 

looking forward to meeting you all 🙂

Looks like close to 30 interested now, so that would be five groups, not sure how many were envisaged and if that is too many or not.

I will be looking at dates etc over the next few days and will update on this. We will aim however to have a date before the return of the arm forces to the planes and of course will need to be wary of any new Covid restrictions that might be in place at the time.

I will be running a couple of all day routes between Christmas and new year for the local Glass group as I do every year , the plan will be to run the same routes (modified as needed closer to the date to take into account any restrictions that crop up in the time between).

We will look to run groups of five vehicles, that’s four and a leader as a maximum and likely 3 - 5 groups depending on leader’s availability.

All jeeps on this event will need a minimum of all-terrain tires, rated recovery points and water protection to ensure you can cope with the amount of water on some of the tracks. Also the plains are no place for anybody with a vehicle that is precious about the paint, there will be tight and scratchy parts to the tracks that we will travel on and therefore everybody needs to be aware and prepared for this. 

And get back to you soon with a date and then start confirming places et cetera.

If anybody is experienced in leading a group and has suitable navigation Equipment, please message me if you would like to offer to run a group 👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chrisby said:

I will be looking at dates etc over the next few days and will update on this. We will aim however to have a date before the return of the arm forces to the planes and of course will need to be wary of any new Covid restrictions that might be in place at the time.

I will be running a couple of all day routes between Christmas and new year for the local Glass group as I do every year , the plan will be to run the same routes (modified as needed closer to the date to take into account any restrictions that crop up in the time between).

We will look to run groups of five vehicles, that’s four and a leader as a maximum and likely 3 - 5 groups depending on leader’s availability.

All jeeps on this event will need a minimum of all-terrain tires, rated recovery points and water protection to ensure you can cope with the amount of water on some of the tracks. Also the plains are no place for anybody with a vehicle that is precious about the paint, there will be tight and scratchy parts to the tracks that we will travel on and therefore everybody needs to be aware and prepared for this. 

And get back to you soon with a date and then start confirming places et cetera.

If anybody is experienced in leading a group and has suitable navigation Equipment, please message me if you would like to offer to run a group 👍

That's really helpful, thanks.

As a bit of a 'noob' can I ask what is meant by "water protection"? Is that a snorkel or are there other forms it can take?  If there are relatively easy mods I can make in advance it would be good to know before the Xmas break, as I will have free time between Xmas and New Year.

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
14 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

That's really helpful, thanks.

As a bit of a 'noob' can I ask what is meant by "water protection"? Is that a snorkel or are there other forms it can take?  If there are relatively easy mods I can make in advance it would be good to know before the Xmas break, as I will have free time between Xmas and New Year.

Buy Wellington boots 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Platinum Member
24 minutes ago, spookie the aardvark said:

Buy Wellington boots 😂😂😂😂

Also, be prepared to climb out the window when you get beached 😆

• Haha 4

• Platinum Member

My raised Renegade has no problem with water or scratches ???? On the plain, it does mean being sensible and going around the obstacles???? Don’t see a problem. 
I have backed out several times and lived to tell the tale. Most of what I have seen is absolutely fine. You don’t have to go into mega deep water or sinking mud ????? 

just be sensible !!!! Or use common sense 👍

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
Just now, Raakhee said:

Also, be prepared to climb out the window when you get beached 😆

What do you mean 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Daisy Duke style 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

• Platinum Member
Just now, Caroline12 said:

What do you mean 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Daisy Duke style 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'll leave that one up to you while I Instagram the moment 😅

• Haha 3