Salisbury Plains end of January '22

Volant165

• Platinum Member

HI All,

ย 

Checking to see if there would be interest if we kick off 2022 with a club Salisbury Plains visit the last weekend of January while the plains are usually their most accessible?ย  This typically fills fast if we do it as we limit the number of groups.ย 

ย 

If so, we would also be looking for a couple of group leaders. One of our team is planning on a reccie early January to check the status of go/nogo areas. This is a FOC JOC .type event as requested by the Plains

ย 

Chime in on this thread.

ย 

ย 

Jim O.ย 

• Like 8

This will be an event without charge from the JOC.

The Plains are controlled by the MOD and using them for "Gain" in anyway is not permitted. So if you do see anyone offering "tours" of the area then they are breaking the rules and could find themselves with a huge fine if reported.

What we will likely suggest is a donation to a charity of the clubs choosing instead which of course will be optional.

I know the plains well and this is normally a great day out with plenty of mud, water and great sceneryย  !

Few pics from 2014 ! In My TJ

Video from 2017 ! In My JK

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

10896371_10153003596982359_2767922011668755625_o.jpg

10914754_10153003596962359_8496971519525632706_o.jpg

10929043_10153003596972359_7859393038679174598_o.jpg

ย 

• Like 4

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, Volant165 said:

HI All,

ย 

Checking to see if there would be interest if we kick off 2022 with a club Salisbury Plains visit the last weekend of January while the plains are usually their most accessible?ย  This typically fills fast if we do it as we limit the number of groups.ย 

ย 

If so, we would also be looking for a couple of group leaders. One of our team is planning on a reccie early January to check the status of go/nogo areas. This is a FOC JOC .type event as requested by the Plains

ย 

Chime in on this thread.

ย 

ย 

Jim O.ย 

I am local to the Salisbury Pain so very happy to attend (most of my green laning is on there - nice to have somewhere local to go ๐Ÿ™‚ย )

Happy to join the reccie as well if required

Note - there are still some TRO's in January (for instanceย around the German Village and some other areas) - any travel around the plain always require some planning and last minute checks due to the nature of the area and its owners (MOD)

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
25 minutes ago, spookie the aardvark said:

Count me in as always happy for a trip to the Plains ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

You are the recovery expert by now ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
4 minutes ago, MGomes said:

You are the recovery expert by now ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

Geeeeeee thanks Manny ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member
4 hours ago, Chrisby said:

This will be an event without charge from the JOC.

The Plains are controlled by the MOD and using them for "Gain" in anyway is not permitted. So if you do see anyone offering "tours" of the area then they are breaking the rules and could find themselves with a huge fine if reported.

What we will likely suggest is a donation to a charity of the clubs choosing instead which of course will be optional.

I know the plains well and this is normally a great day out with plenty of mud, water and great sceneryย  !

Few pics from 2014 ! In My TJ

Video from 2017 ! In My JK

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

10896371_10153003596982359_2767922011668755625_o.jpg

10914754_10153003596962359_8496971519525632706_o.jpg

10929043_10153003596972359_7859393038679174598_o.jpg

ย 

Lots of water! ย Which Jeep will you be taking?

• Platinum Member
BlackRockRubicon
10 hours ago, Volant165 said:

HI All,

ย 

ย 

ย 

Chime in on this thread.

ย 

ย 

Jim O.ย 

Hi Jim, Iโ€™d be interested. I know the plain and the surrounding lanes well.ย 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
BlackRockRubicon
4 hours ago, MGomes said:

I am local to the Salisbury Pain so very happy to attend (most of my green laning is on there - nice to have somewhere local to go ๐Ÿ™‚ย )

Happy to join the reccie as well if required

Note - there are still some TRO's in January (for instanceย around the German Village and some other areas) - any travel around the plain always require some planning and last minute checks due to the nature of the area and its owners (MOD)

This is great advice.ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UKTJ said:

Lots of water! ย Which Jeep will you be taking?

JK , sold the TJ but wish I hadnโ€™t. Had 2 more TJโ€™s since then and only the JK at the minuteย 

• Platinum Member

I have had a change !!!ย 

It may now be possible for me to get on the road by this event, I will just fit the final , hard to get parts after it.

So, if the following is acceptable , please put me down as well.

Assuming the other bits arrive on time after Xmas I'll be there. Should I be let down again I would have to withdraw but would let you know immediately.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Yep sounds fun, good way to start 2022. Been out on the plains twice and loved it so will be great with JOC ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1