Salisbury Plains end of January '22

Volant165

• Platinum Member
48 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

What is Gritt Outdoors?

Rather than reclassify the byways, maybe the MOD could just reclassify the live firing area while this lot are visiting.

Gritt outdoors is a company that sells outdoor equipment and does outdoor tours as well. This event was just badly planned with no respect to the Plains. They were even proud to show off how many vehicles had turned up despite there being a restriction on group sizes. And their convoys looked more than 6 in a group.ย 

• Sad 4

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, spookie the aardvark said:

All the MoD will do is reclassify the by ways and stop any civilian vehicles from driving on the Plains. In short we would all get it in the ass due to stupidity of othersย 

It's a possibility, but the Army would lose out on a frequent supply of opportunities. Every visitor to the plains is likely to be a participant in a training exercise for someone.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
26 minutes ago, V said:

It's a possibility, but the Army would lose out on a frequent supply of opportunities. Every visitor to the plains is likely to be a participant in a training exercise for someone.

Do you mean
image.png
Lol

• Haha 3

• Platinum Member
14 minutes ago, spookie the aardvark said:

British Army idiot removal services ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Maybe the organisers of the Gritt Outdoors event?

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
2 minutes ago, JimC said:

Maybe the organisers of the Gritt Outdoors event?

Think they may be practice next time out ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Platinum Member
37 minutes ago, JimC said:

Do you mean
image.png
Lol

That is what I meant with my earlier post, but seems it was a bit subtle for most to cotton on toย ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
On 27/12/2021 at 11:35, Raakhee said:

Just so you guys know, there is a massive turnout on the Plains today due to Gritt outdoors open invitation on social media. I grabbed a video of Instagram that shows some of the turnout. There was a call for bringing along drones which is not allowed and it seems tickets were sold in advance for a charity.ย 

This is the profile link of you want to follow along on their stories. I'm interested to see how this turns out as we have a planned a day out tomorrowย 

https://instagram.com/gritt_outdoors?utm_medium=copy_link

So how did it go yesterday?ย  Any issues following the Gritt event?ย  If it has rained as much as it has here over Xmas I am guessing plenty of water about!

• Platinum Member
8 hours ago, UKTJ said:

So how did it go yesterday?ย  Any issues following the Gritt event?ย  If it has rained as much as it has here over Xmas I am guessing plenty of water about!

It was a very enjoyable day out. Loads of bikers were about, saw some Land-rovers, but real muddy. We even used the Jeep engines to warm up our lunch. I'm sure @spookie the aardvarkย will do a write up soon

20211228_142639-01.jpeg

20211228_162151-01.jpeg

IMG-20211228-WA0005-01.jpeg

IMG-20211228-WA0008-01.jpeg

IMG-20211228-WA0046-01.jpeg

IMG-20211228-WA0047-01.jpeg

20211228_143231-01.jpeg

IMG-20211228-WA0044-01.jpeg

IMG-20211228-WA0042.jpg

20211228_151904.jpg

IMG-20211228-WA0040.jpg

IMG_7637.jpg

• Like 5

• Platinum Member

I think that the 'Spookie the Aardvark cafe and restaurant' needs its first review on Trip Advisor.
Ok he might not be running Michelin tyres so no stars from themย ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Member

Hi all, please add me to the list for this event. Hopefully we will get to join this time.ย 

• Platinum Member

Hi All!ย  First post on the JOC.

ย 

I'm be interested in this event.

I've got stock TJ on new set of ATs but no lift or snorkel fitted (yet).ย  ย Do you think this will be sufficient for the excursion?

ย 

TIA

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
14 minutes ago, MattRuggD said:

ย 

I've got stock TJ on new set of ATs but no lift or snorkel fitted (yet).ย  ย Do you think this will be sufficient for the excursion?

ย 

TIA

That should be fine ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, MattRuggD said:

ย 

ย 

TIA

Happy to see another TJ!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
17 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Happy to see another TJ!

Oh yeah, likewise! It'll be its first "proper" outing! Ive had it since June and so far been to Balmoral and more recently, took it up to Yorkshire to see family over Xmas but it was thick fog all the days I was there, so no go for the "go slow" roads sadly.

ย 

Nice Grizzly!!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
3 hours ago, MattRuggD said:

ย 

ย 

TIA

My very first offroad experience was at Salisbury Plains in a very similar setup.ย 

My TJ only 'mod' was 30x9.5 ATs.ย  I manage to go everywhere where the other guys gone, I just avoid any deep water.

ย 

You should be perfectly fine, you'll be amazed how capable a standard TJ is ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by Arno
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member

Also looking forward to my TJโ€™s first outing.ย 
ย 

Was there any more thought on the date/time/ location to meet?ย 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
BlackRockRubicon
57 minutes ago, stewart said:

This was the last Salisbury plains event I organised back in Jan 2018! At the time we ran a night drive for a few hours from when the sun set and was done not late that night and went for dinner after FYI ย https://community.jeepowners.club/topic/3439-salisbury-plains-weekend-with-night-drive-january-78-2017-full/ย  ย Event sign up info from 2018.ย 

ย 

2014 was a seriously wet January and some places we actually backed out see the video lane looks like a small steam but was getting deep for some of the group so a detour was made!ย 

Have great time and enjoy !ย 

ย 

ย 

Looks like an awesome time was had. Great video and photos โค๏ธ

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
On 29/12/2021 at 21:47, JimC said:

Photos please and a Trip Advisor review,ย ๐Ÿ˜†

Done ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‡

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
On 29/12/2021 at 21:51, JimC said:

I think that the 'Spookie the Aardvark cafe and restaurant' needs its first review on Trip Advisor.
Ok he might not be running Michelin tyres so no stars from themย ๐Ÿ˜‚

Not sure about Michelin stars Jim, the 'Spookie the Aardvark cafe and restaurant' just settles for not getting sued for food poisioning (all patrons eat at their own risk)๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• Platinum Member
17 hours ago, Terry said:

Remember this Arnoย 

ย 

677DB2B5-07B3-49FE-9843-4FA05A65DA40.jpeg

905B7D02-E775-4EA7-B834-E5C20103CFE0.jpeg

Haha,

ย 

Terry nice one, now that brings back good memories ๐Ÿ˜‰