Salisbury Plains end of January '22

Volant165

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Thanks Jim ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ that is fully understandable at the moment, the army have managed to set fire to part of the ranges with live firing ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช

Wonder if there is any roasted Great Bustards going spare? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค ๐Ÿค ๐Ÿค ๐Ÿค 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Platinum Member
8 minutes ago, spookie the aardvark said:

Thanks Jim ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ that is fully understandable at the moment, the army have managed to set fire to part of the ranges with live firing ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช

Wonder if there is any roasted Great Bustards going spare? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค ๐Ÿค ๐Ÿค ๐Ÿค 

Had to google Great Bustards
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha 3

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
1 minute ago, JimC said:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

They have a flock of these very rare delicious delicacies ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

Waste not want not me thinks ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Iโ€™m keeping an eye on the situation and weather , as soon as weโ€™re a little Less dry and get a bit of moisture back in the ground Iโ€™ll work a trip around my diary. Im

out of the UK all of august so Fingers crossed weโ€™ll get some rain for the end of the month forecast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, JimC said:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

We where lucky enough to spot them on one of our trips last year! Big beastsย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...
On 13/07/2022 at 21:52, Chrisby said:

Iโ€™m keeping an eye on the situation and weather , as soon as weโ€™re a little Less dry and get a bit of moisture back in the ground Iโ€™ll work a trip around my diary. Im

out of the UK all of august so Fingers crossed weโ€™ll get some rain for the end of the month forecast

We have certainly had a decent amount of rain in Hampshire in the last few weeks.ย  Anyone have any idea how Salisbury Plain is looking?

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, UKTJ said:

We have certainly had a decent amount of rain in Hampshire in the last few weeks.ย  Anyone have any idea how Salisbury Plain is looking?

Last time I was out it was still very dry (few weeks ago) - but my garden was then brown and today it is completely green - so I would say drive with care lol

IMG_0291.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/09/2022 at 19:41, UKTJ said:

I hear itโ€™s still dry but I have not been in the UK for more than a couple of days since mid July. Iโ€™m back later this week so will check and see if I have any weekend free to arrange a trip before Iโ€™m travelling again .

• Thanks 1