Summer Camp 2019 - August 08 to 11

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Hi

We would love to join you on the Saturday. 

Is the price (£45) per Jeep regardless of how many people are in the Jeep? 

Many thanks 

• Platinum Member
14 hours ago, Stuartg said:

Hi

We would love to join you on the Saturday. 

Is the price (£45) per Jeep regardless of how many people are in the Jeep? 

Many thanks 

Email sent.

• Platinum Member

I have booked for the Saturday at Tong. What time should we be there? 

Same as above, I assume I can bring the family in the jeep? (Aka, number of people in the jeep not restricted?)

• Platinum Member
5 minutes ago, WJKUR said:

I have booked for the Saturday at Tong. What time should we be there? 

Same as above, I assume I can bring the family in the jeep? (Aka, number of people in the jeep not restricted?)

Yes you can bring the family of course no problem. Check in is from 9am, briefing at 10am and site opens.  Full Summer Camp Itinerary will be posted today. Please remember to sign up in advance for 4x4 Instruction and Winch Training if you wish. Signup can be found in the club store. 

• Platinum Member

Hi All,

Please remember that we are raising funds for Mountain Rescue once again at the Summer Camp. Our local branch who will receive all of the monies raised is the Upper Wharfedale Fells Rescue Association. You will have seen this week that with the weather various branches of Mountain Rescue have been very busy!

If you have something that you can donate to the charity raffle please contact me directly at jim.olexa@jeepowners.club or else bring along some extra ££ to bid on items, or just plain donate to the charity bucket. We will also have a local ale on tap Saturday night for those donating to the cause.

Jim

• Platinum Member

Summer Camp Itinerary (subject to change)

Wednesday 7 August

Team JOC pre arrival and setup at Masons Campsite

Thursday 8 August

·        Arrival and check in all day at campsite

·        Green Lane groups formed target departure 12 noon

·        Group Marquee set up (feel free to use this undercover seating for 100 people)

·        Evening meals on your own

Friday

·        Summer Camp check in opens 9:30am at campsite until 6:30pm (Pub Meal break 7pm till circa 930pm)

·        Green Lane Groups formed target departure at 11:30am

·        -or- Explore more, on your own

·        Please return to site by 6pm if you are attending the pub meal!

·        7pm Craven Arms pub Private room reserved for the JOC

·        7:30pm evening meal (must have been pre ordered)

Saturday

·        9:00am Check in at off road site Parkwood 4x4 aka TONG approx. 60 min drive from campsite

·        10am briefing and then site opens

·        Sign up for Test drives that begin 10am for JL Rubicon, Renegade Trailhawk and Compass Trailhawk

·        10:30am 4x4 Instruction

·        Tong's Burger Van on site

·        1pm Winch training

·        4pm site closes

·        Return to campsite for ticketholders

·        Circa 7:00pm Meatfeast BBQ (advance tickets only) and charity auction for Mountain Rescue

·        Live country music until 9:30pm

Sunday

·        Explore more, leave at your own pace, thank you and drive safe!

Important info

Emergency 999

Masons Campsite 01756720275

Appletreewick, nr. Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 6DD

Parkwood 4x4 (Tong) 01132854356

Tong Lane, Bradford, BD4 0RR

JOC Team 07825652653 CB Channel 5 on the lanes and at the offroad site

• Platinum Member
TJ - Playoutdoors

Just curious if there’s likely to be any jeep related products on show in the Marquee. Or is it not quite that kind off a thing?

• Trade Member

Hi,

we will be attending (Buzz Special Vehicles) we will have a kitted out JL Rubicon with American Expedition Products on display. If there is anything you would like us to bring we can also do so, both from our Rigid Industries Shop website and Buzz Special Vehicles one. I know it is always nice to see stuff before buying so should there be anything you are interested in, do me let know.

I would love to bring the whole shop, but logistically it is a bit of a nightmare!

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

• Platinum Member
TJ - Playoutdoors

Is this at the campsite location?

Ill take a look and see if there is anything we particularly want to take a look at, cheers.

TiffTaffToff

Hi Jim, Just looking at the weather and how bad Yorkshire is getting it, I was wondering with the river on the campsite there is any risk of Flooding on our section? Thanks, Richard

• Platinum Member
4 minutes ago, TiffTaffToff said:

Hi Jim, Just looking at the weather and how bad Yorkshire is getting it, I was wondering with the river on the campsite there is any risk of Flooding on our section? Thanks, Richard

Hi Richard,

I have been in touch with the campsite daily regarding other topics and so far no concerns from the campsite. We did enquire about that exact thing when we initially visited the site. 

We have two team members heading up in advance of Summer Camp to do reccies of the area and lanes to check as well.   

• Platinum Member
TJ - Playoutdoors
1 hour ago, Buzz said:

Hi,

we will be attending (Buzz Special Vehicles) we will have a kitted out JL Rubicon with American Expedition Products on display. If there is anything you would like us to bring we can also do so, both from our Rigid Industries Shop website and Buzz Special Vehicles one. I know it is always nice to see stuff before buying so should there be anything you are interested in, do me let know.

I would love to bring the whole shop, but logistically it is a bit of a nightmare!

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

My son has just asked if you'll have t-shirts?:) Hes 7yrs old if that helps with sizes:), id be interested in seeing the rooftop tents as i am planning on devoting my jeep when i have it back to weekend camping trips at some point.

I’ll be in the area and doing some checks on green lanes over the weekend. Most of rain will have dropped by then so will have a good view on what the area will be like the following week 👍

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, TJ - Playoutdoors said:

My son has just asked if you'll have t-shirts?:) Hes 7yrs old if that helps with sizes:), id be interested in seeing the rooftop tents as i am planning on devoting my jeep when i have it back to weekend camping trips at some point.

Yes we will have children's summer camp t-shirts for sale in his size

• Platinum Member

Do we have power supply to the tents? Is this something we need to request/cost? Also would we need an adapter to convert into the mains 3-pin? 

• Platinum Member

HEY CAMPERS, WE HAVE JUST HAD THIS VERY GENEROUS DONATION (up to £800 in value!!) FROM BEN AT FLATDOG (UK) TO THE CHARITY AUCTION

RAISING FUNDS FOR UPPER WHARFEDALE FELL RESCUE ASSOCIATION>

FANCY A BRAND NEW CUSTOM MADE-IN-THE-UK ROOF RACK FOR YOUR JEEP??

This is The chance to bid for a Flatdog UK FD RAX – It does not matter if we do not already do one for your vehicle – we manufacture in house and can produce for any Jeep!

The successful bidder will have a couple of requirements – Flatdog UK will need the use of the vehicle to design and measure up for – and if anybody would like to Text or call Ben prior to the auction for specific details the contact number is 07507860567 , or feel free to drop a text to give you a call if it’s the Saturday evening– just if you have any questions on the Rax or require something a little different. The value of the prize will be Roof Rack value up to £800 Retail. The custom aspect is not charged at retail and included as part of our donation.  

As this is custom made for your Jeep, it's not something that can be manufactured overnight but we would endeavour to get the Rax through production as swiftly as possible

Light Weight - Affordable - Made in the UK

Manufactured here in the UK at Flatdog , with coded welders, and using the most up to date technology in aluminium extrusion and powder coating, ensuring a high quality construction and finished product.

Fully Constructed from aluminium, the Flatdog Rax is light-weight and strong , finished in a matt black textured powder coating providing great looks, practical in use (grip) and a durable finish.

All Flatdog Rax have an incorporated T-slot system which allows the easy fitment of roof rack accessories both on top , and underneath the roof rack, meaning the rack has endless options and is fully customisable.

Every Flatdog Rax comes with a pre-attached wind break , limiting wind noise. Both Rax sides feature 2 pre-fitted brushed aluminium Flatdog logos.

Many differing accessories are/will be available including many variations of detachable side rails, baskets, ladders and jerry can holders.

Get ready for the auction!

FLATDOG JKU ROOF RACK2.jpg

FLATDOG JKU ROOF RACK.jpg

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
15 minutes ago, Dannyhawk said:

Do we have power supply to the tents? Is this something we need to request/cost? Also would we need an adapter to convert into the mains 3-pin? 

Hi, The River Pitch does not have electric hookups. The field next to us has some not sure about the availability at this stage you would need to contact Mason's directly.

• Platinum Member

Hi Jim is there any places left for the full weekend also if there no space at the camp site I would be willing to book a b&b thanks 👍 

• Platinum Member
On 21/07/2019 at 09:25, Volant165 said:

RENE ON BIG ONES.jpg

@Volant165 stage 1: Lift and spacers are on. Tyres next Monday... fingers crossed

PhotoGrid_1564719067370.jpg

20190802_051502.jpg

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Raakhee said:

@Volant165 stage 1: Lift and spacers are on. Tyres next Monday... fingers crossed

PhotoGrid_1564719067370.jpg

20190802_051502.jpg

Awesome! Need a roof rack? You can have one custom made, auction item Saturday night! 

• Platinum Member

Just a quick question: There’s a possibility I might be able to make it up to Tong on the Saturday but I don’t seem to be showing any discount on the Parkwood tickets as a ‘VIP’ member, is that right??

Cheers

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, TimC said:

Just a quick question: There’s a possibility I might be able to make it up to Tong on the Saturday but I don’t seem to be showing any discount on the Parkwood tickets as a ‘VIP’ member, is that right??

Cheers

Hi Tim

We are shutting off the advance tickets. You can see me personally and pay on the gate should you possibly be able to make it. We can get you a VIP discount.

Jim

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
cameronw2411

Hi there,

I’m wanting to off-road at Tong on the Saturday. Can I just turn up on the day with my documents and pay the £45?

Cheers

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, cameronw2411 said:

Hi there,

I’m wanting to off-road at Tong on the Saturday. Can I just turn up on the day with my documents and pay the £45?

Cheers

Sure can. See you there!