Summer Camp 2019 - August 08 to 11

Volant165

• Platinum Member
12 minutes ago, digger said:

I've usually got a spare seat if I don't need one myself!

Could I beg a ride on the 4x4 bit? Don't think my Renegade can do much

• Platinum Member

Yep , should be ok( as long as you are feeling a bit mad!), sort out at the camp.

Renegades can do a lot , probably more than you realise.

• Platinum Member
7 hours ago, digger said:

Yep , should be ok( as long as you are feeling a bit mad!), sort out at the camp.

Renegades can do a lot , probably more than you realise.

Thanks. I'm always in the mood to be a bit crazy. See you at camp

• Platinum Member

@digger where exactly is the campsite? Yorkshire Dale's National Park is huge. Is there an exact address or road I should be looking for on Google maps? I'm driving in from London and this would be the furthest North I've driven in the UK

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Raakhee said:

@digger where exactly is the campsite? Yorkshire Dale's National Park is huge. Is there an exact address or road I should be looking for on Google maps? I'm driving in from London and this would be the furthest North I've driven in the UK

https://www.masonscampsite.co.uk/

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Raakhee said:

Thanks Tim. Do we have our own area or do we just pick a spot on the site? 

JOC will have its own area on the river field, look out for the banners.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hello Campers!

25 or so days to go! If you have not got your tickets yet now is the time.

For those of you that have purchased your tickets, thank you very much and as on the front details page in about two weeks we will be asking if you have any additional (more than two people, dogs, extra vehicle etc) for the National Park supplements. Also, don't forget we will issue the menu and sign up for the Friday Night Pub Meal at the Craven Arms. We aim to be off the lanes and back at base camp by 6pm and head to the private room at the pub for 7-7:30.

Remember when booking anything like glamping-pre Summer Camp or post summer camp nights book directly with Mason's and tell them you are with the Jeep Owners Club.

Don't forget your cowboy boots and hats for the country music Saturday Night. We have a five piece country music band after the meat feast BBQ. 🤠

• Platinum Member

@Volant165 having looked at the pictures and videos I've determined that my Renegade Longitude is not up to spec to do any of the trails. Also, I don't want to void my Insurance seeing as I declared I will not be off roading. Most importantly, my Renegade does not have any recovery points and any use of the little tow hook may result in ripping out my bumper.

How can I get a refund on my purchase?

Order number #509 if that helps.

• Sad 1

• Platinum Member

Raakhee,I think you would find plenty on tracks to use at summer camp,as far as recovery hooks go,I doubt your hooks are connected to the bumper,but insurance for off-road I see your point, I just don’t go to mad when off-roading,I take it easy and do what I’m comfortable with. 

• Platinum Member

Hi we are thinking of coming up from London, however we have no camping equipment. Is it possible to do the activities although not staying on site? If so is the green Laning in groups?

Thanks Matt

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Mattsjeep said:

Hi we are thinking of coming up from London, however we have no camping equipment. Is it possible to do the activities although not staying on site? If so is the green Laning in groups?

Thanks Matt

Hi Matt,

Not a problem yes you can.  Each year some members get the four day ticket and stay at B&B's etc. You can still take in all the fun. Yes, Green lanes will be in groups. 

Jim

• Platinum Member
13 hours ago, Tony said:

Raakhee,I think you would find plenty on tracks to use at summer camp,as far as recovery hooks go,I doubt your hooks are connected to the bumper,but insurance for off-road I see your point, I just don’t go to mad when off-roading,I take it easy and do what I’m comfortable with. 

My tow hook goes in the spot marked on my front bumper. There are no other recovery points. I have a Longitude with very low clearance. Great for Urban racing. I've bested a few Audis and BMWs but off roading in this is taking a chance. 

PhotoGrid_1563249327286.jpg

• Platinum Member

We all know about really serious offroading and what extremely difficult and challenging terrain can be overcome, or not, resulting in possible major damage.   Take a look at the british trials champs if you want to see some. Even at our events some of our members tackle some amazingly tough obstacles, but you don't have to.  Insurance folk  always tell you to worry and the industry has to assume the worst possible scenario. 

Tony is right.  If you stick with sensible people, driving shiny cars and do what the leaders tell you you should be able to find plenty to keep you happy at our events. Nowadays I use my classic YJ for offroad events. Even though I've been off road in one way or another all my life, I'm not an expert, and the last thing I want to do is damage my car because its almost irreplaceable.  Scratches can be an issue on some routes so I carry a pair of garden loppers and a pruning saw for chopping off anything ominous. Common sense rules, its your decision and your responsibility. I'm sure other members with Renegades can help with your tow point queries etc.

At the end of the day,  you probably take more risk 'urban  racing'  than you will offroading and you won't be insured doing that either. (Ps if you want to drive fast take up real motor racing, you will soon find out how good you are. Lol)

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

@digger you probably right on the "urban racing", I'll think about it as my Renegade is the 2nd biggest expense I have and don't want to do anything to lose it. 

What time is the green laning happening as we were to drive up on Friday morning and it seems that camp checkin is at 1pm

• Platinum Member

Hi

Did book into this and gold membership but not sure if payment has been received, could you confirm.

Thanks 

• Platinum Member
53 minutes ago, otruk said:

Hi

Did book into this and gold membership but not sure if payment has been received, could you confirm.

Thanks 

Yes ticket purchased a few weeks ago. All good. Will try and send your confirmation again, please keep an eye on your spam folder.

John Drinkwater
On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:22, Jim said:

Hi John

I am currently moving the shop to our new cloud platform so it will be available soon. The forum will be down for a few hours this afternoon/evening whilst we complete the move.

Sorry for the inconvienience

Hi,

could you confirm my booking as I don't seem to have a record of it anywhere.  Sorry, can't remember if I paid by card or Paypal.  Also do I need to pay for the barbeque on here and also book the free instruction or can I just do it on the day.  Thanks in advance regards John.

• Platinum Member
5 hours ago, John Drinkwater said:

Hi,

could you confirm my booking as I don't seem to have a record of it anywhere.  Sorry, can't remember if I paid by card or Paypal.  Also do I need to pay for the barbeque on here and also book the free instruction or can I just do it on the day.  Thanks in advance regards John.

Hi John,

Yes your four day ticket is confirmed, email sent as well. Please pay for the BBQ (£10pp)  and book on to the tuition (free) in advance using the club store so that we know the numbers. 

Jim

• Platinum Member

SUMMER CAMP UPDATE:

10 Days left to purchase your Summer Camp Tix! 31st July is the last day to purchase.

Info coming out this week for supplements (extras at the campsite) as well as signup and menu orders for the Friday Nights Craven Arms pub meal. 

Crackin' green lanes, offroad fun, awesome BBQ, and great times around the campfire. Don't miss out on our biggest event of the year.

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Volant165 said:

SUMMER CAMP UPDATE:

10 Days left to purchase your Summer Camp Tix! 31st July is the last day to purchase.

Info coming out this week for supplements (extras at the campsite) as well as signup and menu orders for the Friday Nights Craven Arms pub meal. 

Crackin' green lanes, offroad fun, awesome BBQ, and great times around the campfire. Don't miss out on our biggest event of the year.

Can you confirm that my purchase is valid. I received a refund but have since decided to attend. I re-purchased on the day of the refund. It was for Friday and Saturday camping, BBQ for 2, 4x4 ticket and free off roading and winch training. Also, we are staying at a B&B, do we just turn up on the Friday morning and sign in?

• Platinum Member
3 minutes ago, Raakhee said:

Can you confirm that my purchase is valid. I received a refund but have since decided to attend. I re-purchased on the day of the refund. It was for Friday and Saturday camping, BBQ for 2, 4x4 ticket and free off roading and winch training. Also, we are staying at a B&B, do we just turn up on the Friday morning and sign in?

Hi Raakhee,

Glad you can make it. Yes I messaged you from the support request to confirm that another purchase was made just to confirm. You are all booked in!

Jim

• Platinum Member
3 minutes ago, Raakhee said:

Hi Raakhee,

Glad you can make it. Yes I messaged you from the support request to confirm that another purchase was made just to confirm. You are all booked in!

Jim

• Platinum Member
2 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

Hi Raakhee,

Jim

Thanks. Super excited to attend. Hoping to get my Jeep fitted with new tyres and a lift in time