Summer Camp 2019 - August 08 to 11

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Thanks Jim, just need to explain to the cat he's on his own for a few days now - wish me luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Paid up for the full 4 days, looking forward to all there is on offer?

Looking to travel up on  Wednesday, can we get on the designated area a day early, if we can could we take advantage of any club discount ?

• Platinum Member
14 hours ago, Mikey said:

Paid up for the full 4 days, looking forward to all there is on offer?

Looking to travel up on  Wednesday, can we get on the designated area a day early, if we can could we take advantage of any club discount ?

Excellent! It is going to be a good time. Yes you can book directly with the campsite for pre- or post event nights at the campsite. Just let them know you are in our reserved section and they will confirm with us. 

10 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Excellent! It is going to be a good time. Yes you can book directly with the campsite for pre- or post event nights at the campsite. Just let them know you are in our reserved section and they will confirm with us. 

Thanks

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows

The campsite is in a good location next to the river in lovely scenic part of the Dale's. I did some of the locall green lanes last week with the local glass group brilliant sun  shine great day  looking good for summer camp 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
John Drinkwater

Hi,

How do I book this??  I cannot find any links in the JOC shop to allow me to book.  It may be me being a bit stupid so sorry in advance ???  Oh I am a silver member if that helps ?

• Platinum Member
On 18/06/2019 at 09:09, John Drinkwater said:

Hi,

How do I book this??  I cannot find any links in the JOC shop to allow me to book.  It may be me being a bit stupid so sorry in advance ???  Oh I am a silver member if that helps ?

It's not a JOC event so the link is on the website for Jeep Europe. Just google it and the page walks you straight through. 

• Platinum Member
Just now, IrishMick said:

It's not a JOC event so the link is on the website for Jeep Europe. Just google it and the page walks you straight through. 

Wait, are we talking about the Italian Jeep event or the JOC event as I thought I read this as the Italian one as this year its in Italy. 
<---slaps himself for possibly misreading it, haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
Wrangler_Peter
On 09/04/2019 at 13:02, Arno said:

Bit of a silly question, but how do I book / sign up for this ..?

Agree with you.  Takes real determination to make the booking.   Guys, I know you want to keep the club exclusive but if I was a wanted techy I wouldn't have chosen a wrangler!

• Platinum Member
Wrangler_Peter
On 18/04/2019 at 18:40, Volant165 said:

Booking is now LIVE for all members!

Jim plz book us in at the Craven arms.   Wrangler_pete

• Platinum Member
1 minute ago, Wrangler_Peter said:

Jim. Where do we book for craven arms?

A sign up and menus will be sent out in a couple weeks 

• Platinum Member

I love how the 4x4 training notification is using the picture of my Jeep, considering mine is a 2WD 😍. I'm famous 😉

SmartSelect_20190704-212350_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Raakhee said:

I love how the 4x4 training notification is using the picture of my Jeep, considering mine is a 2WD 😍. I'm famous 😉

SmartSelect_20190704-212350_Chrome.jpg

@Raakhee I don’t remember 2wd stopping you much at Slindon 🤣

Famous it is then 😎

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
21 hours ago, Raakhee said:

@Volant165 can a 2WD go on any of the courses? Talking unmodded, Longitude.

Hi Raakhee,

the offroad site on Saturday will feature the same levels of routes as did Slindon. All terrain tyres or mud tyres always recommended.....

There will be some demos on hand to drive at the site too. 

• Platinum Member
22 hours ago, Raakhee said:

@Volant165 can a 2WD go on any of the courses? Talking unmodded, Longitude.

I don’t know what routes have been planned for the 3 days but I would have thought that you’d probably be OK on a lot of the N. Yorks lanes this time of year, Tong you can pick and choose which routes you do around the site, Lake District.......hmmm, no gonna need a bigger 4X4, but with any luck you’ll be able to hitch a ride along with someone for that.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Quick question on the campsite..

What area is reserved for us, the main site, or down by the river?

• Platinum Member
20 minutes ago, Arno said:

Quick question on the campsite..

What area is reserved for us, the main site, or down by the river?

The River field so as to have our own area. They only use it so many days a year because of Park regulations and we are allowed use of it. 

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Hi Raakhee,

the offroad site on Saturday will feature the same levels of routes as did Slindon. All terrain tyres or mud tyres always recommended.....

There will be some demos on hand to drive at the site too. 

Cool. I'll most likely hop in with someone willing to share to experience the more tough routes but will attempt the more tame routes in my Renegade 

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Volant165 said:

The River field so as to have our own area. They only use it so many days a year because of Park regulations and we are allowed use of it. 

What are the exact directions? I've never been to the park before or that far north for that matter

• Platinum Member

I've usually got a spare seat if I don't need one myself!

• Platinum Member

I note that Jim has mentioned 'Fly Fishing'. 

I'm a 'novice '(in other words it won't be me catching supper!) to this but have collected up some kit .  I'm wondering whether anyone else in our group was planning to do some?

• Platinum Member
5 minutes ago, digger said:

I note that Jim has mentioned 'Fly Fishing'. 

I'm a 'novice '(in other words it won't be me catching supper!) to this but have collected up some kit .  I'm wondering whether anyone else in our group was planning to do some?

I wouldn't mind fly fishing. Never done it but could get a kit. Sure it's not that hard