Summer Camp 2019 - August 08 to 11

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Booking is open now for ALL MEMBERS!

Join the Jeep Owners Club for our biggest UK Jeep event of the year, Jeep Owners of all types welcome! Once again we will be raising funds for Mountain Rescue.

Bring your friends and family and join us for the 2019 Summer Camp this year with activities from the 8th of August to the 11th of August in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. 2 days of cracking Green lane opportunities* in the scenic Lakes District and Yorkshire Dales with full weekend package purchase along with Saturday use of the legendary TONG, Parkwood Offroad Site. Tong has routes suitable for all types of Jeeps from standard right from the showroom non-modified Jeeps up to heavily modified.

Professional 4x4 instruction available at no added cost to learn about driving off road for beginners and veteran off roaders. Jeep UK will have new model demonstrators with pro drivers for you to drive a new model Jeep on a 4x4 trail! Weekend package means you will be able to join in the fun Saturday evening for a BBQ**, charity auction (we raised five hundred and fifty pounds on the night for North Wales Mountain Rescue at this BBQ last year!) and entertainment.  Book now for something that proves each year to be a memorable event.

We have reserved a private section of the beautiful Mason’s Campsite with flat pitches and unobstructed views of the breath-taking Yorkshire landscape, including the dramatic Simon’s Seat. There is easy access to the River Wharfe for refreshing wild swimming and fly fishing.

Shower blocks, tuck shop and store on site, Several pubs within walking distance. Your JOC paid camping gets you a standard pitch for one Jeep, two adults and a tent. As we are staying within the national park, there are supplements for extra vehicles/pets/people.

New this year, Friday night Pub gathering!  We have a private room reserved at the Craven Arms for up to 60 people for those who wish to dine out ala cart for a themed evening. Menus will be distributed in advance to secure your meal of choice and be assured a table. This is an optional gathering for which you pay the pub directly on the night.

And helping us bring this event to you are this year’s partners Jeep UK, Jeep Outfitters, Unity Automotive Group, and Buzz Special Vehicles who will have the new AEV kit for JL’s on display.

* Green Lane trip routes for Full 4 day package tickets only!

** BBQ Saturday night campsite BBQ meatfest optional cost £10 pp

• Family Friendly activities for all

• Entertainment Saturday Night

• Reserved 'JOC ONLY' section at the

campsite with marquees

• 4x4 Driver Instruction

• Drive the Parkwood 4x4 Site

• Winch Training

• Green Lane trips*

• BBQ Saturday Night**

• Charity Fundraising Activities

• New Jeep Test Drives

FULL FOUR DAY TICKETS

VIP Members £149 

Gold £159 

Silver £169 

Individual Prices:

4x4 Day Ticket          = £45   

Camping Saturday   = £45    

Camping Friday.       = £35    

Camping Thursday  = £35    

BBQ £10pp   

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member

More details to be released next Friday. But for now here is a clue.....

DA367043-E0A7-4206-830B-306024FDFB4E.jpeg

• Platinum Member

Hi All, 

Great team meeting last night. Lots of work ahead but some more details:

Our base camp for summer camp 2019 is WITHIN the Yorkshire Dales National Park! Heated shower blocks, campsite tuck shop, and several nearby pubs.

We will venture out Thursday the 8th of August and again Friday the 9th to take in some of the best green lanes on offer. Both Lakes District and the Yorkshire Dales.

If you have attended before you will know that local pub meals have proven very popular at this event. New this year we have reserved a private section of an iconic pub just a four minute walk from our campsite for up to 60 of us to have a themed night of fun and food. As we know we tend to overwhelm the local pub with our numbers so we have met with and made arrangements to pre-order our food for this night. Menus will follow.

Saturday from base camp we will venture south to Parkwood 4x4 aka TONG. This legendary offroad site will be our off road site for the day with mud, burger van, rock climbing, the chance to test drive the newest Jeeps, 4x4 tuition, and more fun. 

Back to base camp afterwards for our legendary Saturday night Summer Camp festivities featuring our famous bbq, marquee, and entertainment. And of course our amazingly successful charity auction for Mountain Rescue! 

The area has a LOT on offer for pre and post Summer Camp holiday enjoyment. This year’s Summer Camp ticket will include camping Thursday to Sunday for one Jeep, two adults, and a tent, two days of green lanes, Saturday off road site - tuition - and test drives, and Saturday night entertainment.  Options will be available at the campsite for extra people, vehicle, and some limited electric hookups.  As we are camping within the National Park, pre-registration of your party will be important and more specifics will of course follow. 

Stay tuned for more details..............

• Like 4

• Volant165 featured this topic
  • Platinum Member

Waiting for the site to reply to my email asking about prices if with a caravan.  If sort of reasonable for Aug may see you there.  Did mention that we are on this forum.

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows

Hi Jim can you book us in for one of the caravan pitches with electric hook up thanks

• Platinum Member
On 06/04/2019 at 21:37, geoff meadows said:

Hi Jim can you book us in for one of the caravan pitches with electric hook up thanks

I contacted the site direct on Friday by email as we also would like to bring our twin axle caravan and have electrics.  I did mention that we would be part of the Jeep gathering.  So far no reply so maybe Jim can give them a bump?

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows
1 hour ago, Surfer said:

I contacted the site direct on Friday by email as we also would like to bring our twin axle caravan and have electrics.  I did mention that we would be part of the Jeep gathering.  So far no reply so maybe Jim can give them a bump?

Hi surfer some one else with a big home on wheels I think it may work like last year  the electric pitches are next to the main jeep field  and you pay the club the usual fee and any extra days pitching  and electric costs direct to the site   I think Jim wants to find out who wants electric pitches and will then arrange with the site

• Platinum Member
4 hours ago, Surfer said:

I am visiting them tomorrow

• Platinum Member

This was part of the reply from them "The price for a premium pitch with electric is £34per night & £6per night for the 3 little woofies. If you would like to book you can do so online at your leisure & make notes that you are part of the JEEP group."  So for us £40 a night and the premium pitch does not have water or waste connections, just EHU.

Just checking the best route as we can use from Worcester the M6 and outer ring road around Manchester to Skipton (165m) or M42 onto M1 then by pass Leeds to Skipton (180m).   M6 is always very congested heading north or south but not sure about M1 north after where the M42 joins it as hardly ever travel up that way.

• Platinum Member
17 hours ago, geoff meadows said:

Hi surfer some one else with a big home on wheels I think it may work like last year  the electric pitches are next to the main jeep field  and you pay the club the usual fee and any extra days pitching  and electric costs direct to the site   I think Jim wants to find out who wants electric pitches and will then arrange with the site

I forgot to add that there are two fields.  One for caravans under 6m and the other for those over 8m.  We will be on the latter site as our caravan is 8m long.  As it is summer we will be bring along our BBQ and some boerewors (Farmers sausage) which is a South African speciality sausage.    ?

• Platinum Member

Seems I need to be a VIP or Gold member to access my post to edit it?  Going to be a bit hairy with a caravan travelling from Red Lion down to campsite due to the road being very narrow.  Our caravan is 2.5m wide!  Hmmm!

• Platinum Member

Bit of a silly question, but how do I book / sign up for this ..?

• Platinum Member
On 22/11/2018 at 09:32, Volant165 said:

Booking opens tonight for VIP MEMBERS!

Join the Jeep Owners Club for our biggest UK Jeep event of the year, Jeep Owners of all types welcome! Once again we will be raising funds for Mountain Rescue.

Bring your friends and family and join us for the 2019 Summer Camp this year with activities from the 8th of August to the 11th of August in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. 2 days of cracking Green lane opportunities* in the scenic Lakes District and Yorkshire Dales with full weekend package purchase along with Saturday use of the legendary TONG, Parkwood Offroad Site. Tong has routes suitable for all types of Jeeps from standard right from the showroom non-modified Jeeps up to heavily modified.

Professional 4x4 instruction available at no added cost to learn about driving off road for beginners and veteran off roaders. Jeep UK will have new model demonstrators with pro drivers for you to drive a new model Jeep on a 4x4 trail! Weekend package means you will be able to join in the fun Saturday evening for a BBQ**, charity auction (we raised five hundred and fifty pounds on the night for North Wales Mountain Rescue at this BBQ last year!) and entertainment.  Book now for something that proves each year to be a memorable event.

We have reserved a private section of the beautiful Mason’s Campsite with flat pitches and unobstructed views of the breath-taking Yorkshire landscape, including the dramatic Simon’s Seat. There is easy access to the River Wharfe for refreshing wild swimming and fly fishing.

Shower blocks, tuck shop and store on site, Several pubs within walking distance. Your JOC paid camping gets you a standard pitch for one Jeep, two adults and a tent. As we are staying within the national park, there are supplements for extra vehicles/pets/people.

New this year, Friday night Pub gathering!  We have a private room reserved at the Craven Arms for up to 60 people for those who wish to dine out ala cart for a themed evening. Menus will be distributed well in advance to secure your meal of choice and be assured a table. This is an optional gathering for which you pay the pub directly on the night.

And helping us bring this event to you are this year’s partners Jeep UK, Unity Automotive Group, and Buzz Special Vehicles who will have the new AEV kit for JL’s on display.

* Green Lane trip routes for Full 4 day package tickets only!

** BBQ Saturday night campsite BBQ meatfest optional cost £10 pp

• Family Friendly activities for all

• Entertainment Saturday Night

• Reserved 'JOC ONLY' section at the

campsite with marquees

• 4x4 Driver Instruction

• Drive the Parkwood 4x4 Site

• Winch Training

• Green Lane trips*

• BBQ Saturday Night**

• Charity Fundraising Activities

• New Jeep Test Drives

FULL FOUR DAY TICKETS

VIP Members £149 

Gold £159 

Silver £169 

Individual Prices:

4x4 Day Ticket          = £45   

Camping Saturday   = £45    

Camping Friday.       = £35    

Camping Thursday  = £35    

BBQ £10pp   

Hey, if bringing Children (2 adults 2 children) how would I book this? 

• Platinum Member

Book your ticket and all thru us to attend the event 

we we will be in touch regarding any additional people etc. 

• Platinum Member

Used Google to check the site and for £40 a night for us that is very expensive for what you get from the site even though we have the company of Jeep group members. ?   Plus a very narrow twisty road to get there with a 2.5m wide caravan in tow.  We have to go the long way around through Embsay as the caravan will not get through the arch in Bolton Abbey due to height and width of caravan. 

We are now looking at the Bolton Abbey Caravan Club site or the Wharfedale who are charging £28 a night and then popping down to meet up with the Jeep group.  Hopefully this will be possible as Bolton Abbey site is 4 miles away and Wharfedale is 6 miles away.  We still have to go through Embsay but it is a better road.

Can we still join in as day visitors to the site without breaking the bank?  ?

• Platinum Member
7 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Book your ticket and all thru us to attend the event 

we we will be in touch regarding any additional people etc. 

I’d like the know the same question if adding 2 children but don’t want to commit to buying a ticket until I know this... it’ll still be one jeep and one tent... 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Included in base price is tent, two people and jeep.

Per night extra adult 16+Yrs  £8

child 2-15 yrs £4

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi Jim, I am not sure about my membership status. I would like to book as soon as I can (I wouldn't like to miss out anything :-))

Please send me some information on the different membership levels, what is included and how I can upgrade if needed.

I am coming to the summer camp with my wife and daughter.

Please help me to make the appropriate bookings.

Thanks a lot and best, 

Bela

TiffTaffToff

All booked up .........

having said that as a VIP member  I bought 1 ticket for me and one for my wife..... just reading the blurb the ticket includes 2 adults.... I think I may have cocked up and paid twice. Can some one enlighten me please ....

B2C71CBE-CAFB-440E-A9CC-EADB20FF4941.jpeg

Edited by TiffTaffToff
Might have paid twice ,,,,

• Platinum Member

Have been away for the bank hol. Will look into for ya. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Booked as well for all 4 days although probably might not make it up until the afternoon of the first day. Am I right in thinking I'll be contacted to pay to add the son as he might be a bit upset if we leave him home with the cat? ?

• Platinum Member
Volant165
12 hours ago, nickwalk said:

Booked as well for all 4 days although probably might not make it up until the afternoon of the first day. Am I right in thinking I'll be contacted to pay to add the son as he might be a bit upset if we leave him home with the cat? ?

Hi Nick, correct. Would hate for you to have to add catcams and automated feeders?

We will send out info/queries a little closer to August to shore up any campsite extras.