American Auto Club international Spring 17/18/19 April 2015 & Use of Local 4x4 course

stewart

• Platinum Member

If I want to just come on Sunday do I have to book or just turn and pay?

More than welcome to just turn up on Sunday , £10.00 for the day for a car and passengers gives you access to the site and facilities , plus the AACI show of which we are a part we should be easy to spot we are camped close to the arena , or we should be setting up for sunday in the arena I guess around 9.30 - 10.00 am depending on the previous evenings alchohol consumption and activities ( can go on rather late ).

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mark

• C6REW

• stewart

• El Guapo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member

Looking on the Lakenheath off road club the guys there seen to be planning on rocking up Friday evening unless they have changed their plans ,, looks like they should arrive around 20.00 Hrs, friendly approachable bunch of guys who have joined us at billing before and even driven off with a trophy for their efforts  :gasp:

• Platinum Member
Billet J44P

More than welcome to just turn up on Sunday , £10.00 for the day for a car and passengers gives you access to the site and facilities , plus the AACI show of which we are a part we should be easy to spot we are camped close to the arena , or we should be setting up for sunday in the arena I guess around 9.30 - 10.00 am depending on the previous evenings alchohol consumption and activities ( can go on rather late ).

Cheers for the info Mark, look forward to meeting some of you then.

• Administrators

Will be along Later today Alison will be there before me in her Black JK! Here's a couple of pic's from the 4x4 Site a while back!

2WW_1058.thumb.jpg.1540db06cd06d47f3d07900031c904c4.jpg

2WW_1073.thumb.jpg.b7dd5a091eafa13de871a516f0aac144.jpg

2WW_1074.thumb.jpg.56dccf740b21fd46813c31e83fc437c9.jpg

• Administrators

Will be setting up Camp Shelduck Meadow 1 later today ! Hopefully by 7pm!

• Platinum Member

Well I'm here now. My number is 07478899551 for whoever shows up so we can all stick together. Names Jeff.

• Platinum Member
chunkycyclist

Tonight or early tomorrow morning for me too depending on how work etc goes today

• Platinum Member

Just been across to see how folks are  doing and the seem to be well settled in with a very large fire pit burning logs , a barbecue smoking away camped under the trees and doing ok by the look of them ,, a plea for anyone who can who is coming for Saturday night was the request along with something to cook on the grill , its going to be on the chilly side tomorrow night away from the fire so bring some warm clothes and Logs or any wood good for burning which isn't tar soaked  or liable to spit too badly , see you all over the weekend hopefully we can have really enjoyable event  :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce: :great:

• Platinum Member

Morning all,

It was bitterly cold last night. I just hope everyone is warm enough in their tents! Just put the heating on in the motorhome. Cuppa next!

Stewart has offered to take me on the 4x4 course so I can hopefully get some aerial shots with the quadcopter.

See the rest of you later. Remember to bring some logs if you can.

Regards

Chris

• Platinum Member

Not camping but I have 4 bags of charcoal that I am bringing  and will see if I can find some logs on the way in this morning.

(Room for a rider on the 4x4 course too as I am solo in the 4 door Rubicon.)

See you all by 9:30.

Jim

• Platinum Member

Managed to upload a photo from last night.

Enjoying a natter around the fire pit and BBQ.

Regards

Chris

150416_-_JOC_-_Billing.thumb.jpg.d5a560b7fcbfd18177d69b41dc3d6f19.jpg

• Platinum Member

Brilliant pic Chris , I am running a lot later than expected so planning to get there hopefully sometime this morning , That wind is pretty chilly so keep warm and have a good weekend ,, see you all later  :great:

Been a busy day, I'll see you all around 5.30pm at camp, I'll pick up some logs on the way, if anyone wants anything picking up from Tesco or a garage let me know :great:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Really great day.

01:15 in the morning and off to bed. Left a gang around the fire enjoying themselves.

Chris

• Platinum Member

A big thank you to Stewart and everyone involved with the organisation of this event.

Claire and I had a great time and were made to feel very welcome.

Looking forward to the next event, will be checking my diary for available dates.

Really not sure if I have put this in the right place, if not please move. Created a thread with photos.

https://www.jeepowners.club/forum/index.php/topic,4831.0.html

Regards

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

What a fag  :grrrrrr: I would have loved to have made this my first JOC event and meet you guys and gals as it is only a few minutes up the A45 for me but unfortunately I am committed that weekend at Cowley Classic Car Show in Oxford where I am running `Dream Rides` with the Sporting Bears Motor Club.

Hope you have a great time.

Mike

• Platinum Member

What a fag  :grrrrrr: I would have loved to have made this my first JOC event and meet you guys and gals as it is only a few minutes up the A45 for me but unfortunately I am committed that weekend at Cowley Classic Car Show in Oxford where I am running `Dream Rides` with the Sporting Bears Motor Club.

Hope you have a great time.

Mike

Will you be driving a DeLorean? And going BACK IN TIME to April from the Cowley Classic Car Show which is August?