American Auto Club international Spring 17/18/19 April 2015 & Use of Local 4x4 course

stewart

• Platinum Member

That would be very handy thank you Stewart ,, Would it be handy if a few folks brought along a few sticks to burn and maybe some charcoal and a little something to cook ??

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mark

• C6REW

• stewart

• El Guapo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

That would be very handy thank you Stewart ,, Would it be handy if a few folks brought along a few sticks to burn and maybe some charcoal and a little something to cook ??

Please bring a bag of logs if you want to keep warm!!  :great:

Could you put me down for Sunday, Perhaps camping on Saturday evening depending on what the wife has planned, would arrive late afternoon sat if I can get away for the night :great:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

You are more than welcome , the more the merrier ,, look forward to seeing you if and when you can get there , name going on list  :great:

• Administrators

Not Long now should be a good weekend !  :glasses:

• Platinum Member

Morning all,

Days to do are getting few.

I could bring my trailer as well as the motorhome and a slightly larger fire pit and a few logs, along with chairs. If it is raining I may even be able to bring the marquee you can see in the photos.

Let me know what you think.

Regards

Chris

CMG20044.thumb.jpg.6de50e3c8eb92890f2a3f831b8f2bce1.jpg

DJI00259.thumb.jpg.25b8819aea359a686697230cdded7415.jpg

• Platinum Member
The Green Goblin

Put me down for the Sunday, I'll come down in my new TJ, it's stock (for a while) but will be good to take it down

• Platinum Member

Hi Jim,

Being a bit of a photographer, the quadcopter/drone follows me everywhere!

Regards

Chris

• Platinum Member

Well I am super excited to meet all of you and hopfully make friends over here. I have booked camping for both Friday and Saturday night! Then I still need to know if I can pay for the 4x4 course on Saturday while there; or do I need to call and book it? I will be trying to just get off work Friday so I can come down earlier as well.

• Platinum Member
rougeraven117

Ill have a 12x12 ft shade tent with 2 tarps to enclose part of it and a medium grill, working on 1 or 2 firepits as well

• Platinum Member

Put me down for the Sunday, I'll come down in my new TJ, it's stock (for a while) but will be good to take it down

anything would be much appreciated if you don't mind Chris , very grateful for the offer than you , I think people should be at least be able to provide a chair for themselves , don't expect you to provide everything , offer very much appreciated ,, yes please ,, thank you  :great:

• Platinum Member

I need to pull out of this event

Sorry you cant make it Paul , hopefully see you somewhere soon  :great:

• Platinum Member

:great: very welcome , look forward to seeing you and your new jeep there  :great:

• Platinum Member

Well I am super excited to meet all of you and hopfully make friends over here. I have booked camping for both Friday and Saturday night! Then I still need to know if I can pay for the 4x4 course on Saturday while there; or do I need to call and book it? I will be trying to just get off work Friday so I can come down earlier as well.

The 4x4 course will be pay on the day £20 , your weekend camping pass will allow you free re admission to the Aquadrome when we have finished on the course there is a jet wash in the petrol station close to the site entrance if you want to wash off after off roading  :great:

Not going to make it today I'm afraid , but will be there tomorrow around 10.30am :great:

• Platinum Member

next weekend is looming  and it looks like it will be a brilliant one , for those off roading on the Saturday I have arranged to meet the site owner at 10 am , he will do a lead around the 2 courses for an hour or so and then we have maps and get to roam free , please could I ask as this is an SSI that people kep to the marked tracks , the lakeside edge part of the course has a bypass if it looks a little daunting on the day but great fun for the brave  :icon_bounce:, ,,,,,  If you are not coming to the 4x4 site but are coming to the Aquadrome arena on the Saturday , an area will be allocated to us and we can set up a Jeep parking area taped off where you can be part of the car show and take in some or all of the stalls set up around the arena , please feel free to use the AACI hospitality tent for a beer if you wish , there will be a live band ( normally a god one ) performing Friday and Saturday evenings in the hospitality tent , please feel free to go in and enjoy the entertainment if the weather turns bad and a barbecue is deemed impractical if everyone decides that a barbecue is going ahead no hard fast time has been set , ( all depends on the weather and peoples willingness), please bring something to sit on  a few logs for the fire pit  something to eat  and drink , generally the showing cars tend to start arriving around 9.30 - in the arena

Sunday morning is a slower start , show cars start arriving around 9.30 - 10 am we have in the past had the Jeeps parked up in our allocated space by 9.30 -  10 am ish hopefully we can all enjoy a fine day with lots for everyone to see and do , people tend to begin drifting off from mid/late afternoon AACI prize giving is at 3 pm ( yes you can take home a trophy if you are picked out by the judges) show closes officially at 5 pm ,,

[/IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE YOU WISH TO KNOW OR ARE UNSURE OF , FEEL FREE TO  P M  ME ,,,

MARKb]

HOPEFULLY THE WEATHER WILL BE FINE AND WE WILL ALL ENJOY A GREAT WEEKEND  :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce: :icon_bounce:

Does that mean you are finally camping  :whip:

Still working on that one, maybe not this time but July should be good.  :great:

Oh I'm so stealing that garden idea! :great:

Would you belive me if I said I used my spare as a template for the firepit. Been the best addition to our garden and gets far more use than the gas bbq ever did.

image.thumb.jpg.ef32d9381143f5ac07221c2d46d47ec8.jpg

Looks great, we've got a large chiminea and a Small raised pit but they're not really big enough.  This could be tomorrow's project now I'm free due to my date mistake for Billing :rofl:

Sorry you cant make it Paul , hopefully see you somewhere soon  :great:

On the slopes of Val D'Isere I hope!

• Platinum Member

Hi Mark,

If not too late I would like to join the 4x4 course and then the jeep stand both Sat and Sun  if possible.

Jim