Modified Jeeps UK - Jeeps In The Jungle 2, 1st-2nd July 2023 Hawkstone Park, Shropshire

TonyandAneta

all good so far. Booked the camping for Saturday wuuhuuuuu. See you all there I hope. Will check the repairs on Friday this week.

Edited by Deniz
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta

Check your emails guys, we’ve just sent out an email with important info regarding the event 😃

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TonyandAneta said:

Check your emails guys, we’ve just sent out an email with important info regarding the event 😃

Looking forward to it (MOT tomorrow permitting) 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TonyandAneta said:

Make sure to check your Junk folder, that is where the message was sent by my email service.

Edited by UKTJ
  • Like 1

Based on replies to this thread it looks like the JOC members going to Jeeps in the Jungle 2 are:

@TonyandAneta (obviously 😂)

@Rhoda

@digger

@Raakhee

@Wildjeeper62

@doodle

@Deniz

@Hecklejk

@MGomes

@UKTJ

Anyone else who I have missed?

I think I have meet everyone on the list at previous events except @doodle, which is a bit ironic as I think I live closer to him than almost anyone else in JOC.

I have been having CB trouble of late, to be honest I am not sure I have ever got it working properly, but it is hard to really check unless you are around others with a CB.  I plan to check all my wiring tomorrow to make sure that is good and then check it with an SWR meter again.  But, at the very least, I'll be looking to check it with somebody else before we start.  Hope that will be OK.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 20/06/2023 at 20:28, TonyandAneta said:

@TonyandAneta in the email you mention groups for the greenlaning portion.  Do we need to organise these ourselves, or do you split everyone up into groups with similar offroad capability?

Thanks in advance, really looking forward to it.

• Platinum Member

Hi UKTJ,  STU 2985 goes here a lot and may be coming to JitJungle . He did last year.

I'm bringing Doodle's CB tuning gizmo which I borrowed to give it him back. He is good with CBs.

Edited by digger
  • Like 2

• Platinum Member

Checked my spam without any luck, still got my fingers crossed a ticket comes available. 

• Platinum Member
20 hours ago, UKTJ said:

Based on replies to this thread it looks like the JOC members going to Jeeps in the Jungle 2 are:

@Rhoda

@digger

@Raakhee

@Wildjeeper62

@doodle

@Deniz

@Hecklejk

@MGomes

@UKTJ

I think I have meet everyone on the list at previous events except @doodle, which is a bit ironic as I think I live closer to him than almost anyone else in JOC.

I have been having CB trouble of late, to be honest I am not sure I have ever got it working properly, but it is hard to really check unless you are around others with a CB.  I plan to check all my wiring tomorrow to make sure that is good and then check it with an SWR meter again.  But, at the very least, I'll be looking to check it with somebody else before we start.  Hope that will be OK.

I have a portable CB - the range is not huge but if you have nothing else happy for you to use it (will make sure it’s chatged)

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

Hi Rhoda, Cb channel is usually announced on the day but frequently 4 or 5.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MGomes said:

I have a portable CB - the range is not huge but if you have nothing else happy for you to use it (will make sure it’s chatged)

That's much appreciated, thank you.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
23 hours ago, UKTJ said:

@TonyandAneta in the email you mention groups for the greenlaning portion.  Do we need to organise these ourselves, or do you split everyone up into groups with similar offroad capability?

Thanks in advance, really looking forward to it.

We will organise groups on Saturday during lunch break 😊 We have 3 group leaders at the moment so still looking for volunteers if anyone fancies it 😃 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, TonyandAneta said:

We will organise groups on Saturday during lunch break 😊 We have 3 group leaders at the moment so still looking for volunteers if anyone fancies it 😃 

I can lead a group if no one more

knowledgeable is around (don’t know the area but can read a map 🙂 )

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
1 hour ago, MGomes said:

I can lead a group if no one more

knowledgeable is around (don’t know the area but can read a map 🙂 )

That would be great 😁 We can email you the routes (gpx files + overall info) so you can familiarise yourself 😊 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
On 24/06/2023 at 11:34, UKTJ said:

@Rhoda

@digger

@Raakhee

@Wildjeeper62

@doodle

@Deniz

@Hecklejk

@MGomes

@UKTJ

@UKTJOn that note- it may be a little longer- But we should defo fix that.. Ive had to pull out as i cannot get the time off work. (It all went Pete Tong here!) 

@digger Can you take care of it a little bit longer?...Hopefully will catch up soon.

• Sad 2

On 25/06/2023 at 07:45, MGomes said:

If you can let me borrow your portable it would be much appreciated as mine is not going to be sorted before the weekend. 👍

• Platinum Member
On 30/06/2023 at 09:04, UKTJ said:

If you can let me borrow your portable it would be much appreciated as mine is not going to be sorted before the weekend. 👍

Sorry missed this- Have a portable one that i could have lent you. Runs of AA and also cig lighter socket

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, doodle said:

Sorry missed this- Have a portable one that i could have lent you. Runs of AA and also cig lighter socket

No worries, and thanks anyway.  Once I get mine up and running it may be helpful if I could come over some time to do a test and check it is working properly.  I don't know anyone else with a CB local to home.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hope you all had a great event and looking forward to seeing the photos

• Like 1

• Area Representative
On 24/06/2023 at 13:23, digger said:

Hi UKTJ,  STU 2985 goes here a lot and may be coming to JitJungle . He did last year.

I'm bringing Doodle's CB tuning gizmo which I borrowed to give it him back. He is good with CBs.

@digger   I am running my annual private event at Hawkstone Park on Sunday 23 July this year 10-4. Its £30 (site take the fees not me) you more than welcome to come along!  As for MJUK JIJ I only got my TJ back on the road couple weeks ago so couldnt commit on buying a  ticket

Edited by Stu2985
  • Like 3

Not the best at taking pictures, but a few here.

image.thumb.jpeg.070675e061cbf175688d66a47deee6a9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.41de44148f7e54821a2af5f37d8d68e6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a00f566875f40349f15da9f25cea04a5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2108343ea0ac8c83cd3be9815ac9bf8b.jpeg

image.thumb.png.d88498d5c0608cf1a5e08707302fa3b6.png

image.thumb.png.3f637a2186e10054e026d056f9ae17d8.png

image.thumb.png.af3afa6f5efe64df6eaabc95c15c9b6c.png

image.thumb.png.8fd3835eb39be75aec85fad172282449.png

image.thumb.png.4902c04edfa2e8c58cf7e2c3610843d7.png

Edited by UKTJ
  • Like 8