Wrangler spotting

Overlander21

• Platinum Member

I saw a 65 plate silver Renegade today on my walk. He works for Canon 😆. I know this as he turned into its employee carpark. Not stalking at all 🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
On 21/09/2022 at 12:01, frosty said:

if you try that here in Dubai, you will have your socks and shoes off within 2 minutes, they are very popular here, i see hundreds every day, and lots of gladiators, and lots of TJ's too. 

Likewise here in Qatar.  the challenge is to find a stock one.

• Platinum Member
On 29/09/2022 at 19:56, RogerB said:

Isn't it great to be in such an exclusive group. In almost 20 years of Wrangler ownership I see very few in Scotland. I see more when we winter down in Andalusia with our JK. Also when we had our old 4L Cherokee in Oman in the 90s there where loads of YJs, the young Omani's sports car, both great for dune bashing.

I thought I saw you in Greenoch Roger, when I left Dunoon. Checked the number plate later on my dashcam, same colour JK, different number , heyho. Hope you are well 👋

• Platinum Member
20 hours ago, tedthefed said:

Drive around Lowestoft this morning 1 wrangler , 1 compass and 2 renegades .

Just came back from Walberswick Beach, saw 2, yes 2, Foresters whilst I was  down there, not including mine. Must be a Suby dealer nearby 😉

• Platinum Member

I was also listening to LBC this morning and heard Nick Ferrari say he drives a Jeep Overland, didn’t say what model, probably a Grand Cherokee but you never know, might  be a Wrangler.

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Spotted a seriously cool looking Wrangler driving through Wigan town centre this morning.

Two door, yellow or green (hard to tell, most cars looked white this morning as it was -3C), black reg plate, black soft top, and really old!  1970s? 🤔

Only caught a fleeting glance as it was at the opposite junction from me.

• Platinum Member
16 hours ago, Overlander21 said:

Spotted a seriously cool looking Wrangler driving through Wigan town centre this morning.

Two door, yellow or green (hard to tell, most cars looked white this morning as it was -3C), black reg plate, black soft top, and really old!  1970s? 🤔

Only caught a fleeting glance as it was at the opposite junction from me.

........not gonna be a Wrangler if it was 1970's 😉 . First YJ Wranglers came out in '86

.....he says, being pedantic 🙄

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member

The only Jeep I spotted in the last week is this one and she is looking a bit frosty today 

20221208_111141.thumb.jpg.176f97b845cd2c637274b1f2ccde68a2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, John said:

That’s a cracking picture it almost looks like a toy jeep 

Yup, looks like CGI of a toy jeep superimposed into a picture. @Raakhee did you use any special effects on the pucture?

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
12 hours ago, UKTJ said:

Yup, looks like CGI of a toy jeep superimposed into a picture. @Raakhee did you use any special effects on the pucture?

Been playing around with Portrait mode on my phone camera.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raakhee said:

Been playing around with Portrait mode on my phone camera.

Seen a few pictures online with similar effect online, I guess it must be a fairly new feature.  Afraid I am just a point and shoot type 😁

• Platinum Member

@UKTJ open up Mobile camera. At the bottom you should see options of photo, video, etc. Scroll to the right and one of the options is Portrait. Select. You need to be 1 - 1.5 meters away from object. Tap the object and the camera will refocus to it. Click the photo.

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
  • Platinum Member
Overlander21

I did a six hundred mile round trip to the south coast and back,  and only saw three Wranglers in total!

A red two door JL heading northbound on the A34, somewhere between Oxford and Eastleigh, then ten minutes later a red four door also passed northbound too!

And dark blue JL overtook me on the M6 northbound this afternoon, somewhere north of Cheshire 👋

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

i have been in the Philippines for the last month, not many here, but i lived in Dubai for 14 months before that, for a bit of exercise i used to walk round my area ( Barsha Heights) every day, about 45 minutes, or 3.5 miles, i used to count how many wranglers and FJ Cruisers i would see, on average i would see about 25 wranglers and 15 FJ's every day. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
Overlander21
9 hours ago, frosty said:

i would see about 25 wranglers and 15 FJ's every day. 

That's crazy.

I don't think I've seen 25x Wranglers in the last 15 years 😱

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, Overlander21 said:

That's crazy.

wranglers, and FJ's are a relatively cheap vehicle compared to other makes in the middle east, and are good value for money, it is sad to see that they will finally stop making the FJ cruiser for the middle east later this year. 

• Platinum Member
9 hours ago, Overlander21 said:

That's crazy.

Come to a Jeep event, you will see plenty 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member

Today I saw a 2 door Ocean Blue Sahara and a 4 door Sarge Green Rubicon, modded but not off roaded. 

Also saw this really cute Hydro Blue Pearl 2 door Rubicon 🥰

To be fair they were parked up and I knew where they were but I did get a 2 mile walk in this morning.

20230425_075054-01.thumb.jpeg.26bbe969fe2f88e1cef6822f908436de.jpeg

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Overlander21
14 hours ago, Raakhee said:

To be fair they were parked up

That still counts 😄

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
Overlander21

Saw a black JL on the M55 this afternoon heading in the direction of Preston, on a private plate 🙂