Wrangler spotting

Overlander21

• Platinum Member

I don't know about you but since buying a Wrangler in November last year I can still count the number of other Wranglers I've seen on the road since then on one hand 😱

Have you spotted any recently?

I'll kick is off!

Today I spotted a white JK at Teabay services (northbound) in Cumbria this morning around 11am, with a trailer in tow 😊

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

if you try that here in Dubai, you will have your socks and shoes off within 2 minutes, they are very popular here, i see hundreds every day, and lots of gladiators, and lots of TJ's too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member

Not many in my area either (so we do wave like mad to each other when we drive past lol) - I did 800 miles with my JL in Cornwall the other week and spotted one other, so not common there either LOL

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

See many around area...different times, different types. Always give a wave to  most I catch. Even give a salute to the modded land rovers etc as well...

All have the same passion ..

• Like 4

• Platinum Member

I know of a Blue 69 plate 2 door Sahara and a Sarge Green 21 plate 4 door Rubicon near me. I've been going for walks in the mornings and came across them. There is a blue 69 plate 4 door Sahara at the gym as well. 

I've seen an orange Sahara on the roads but that guy is a dick to everyone so I don't count him as being part of the Jeep Life.

• Haha 3

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
1 hour ago, Raakhee said:

I know of a Blue 69 plate 2 door Sahara and a Sarge Green 21 plate 4 door Rubicon near me. I've been going for walks in the mornings and came across them. There is a blue 69 plate 4 door Sahara at the gym as well. 

I've seen an orange Sahara on the roads but that guy is a dick to everyone so I don't count him as being part of the Jeep Life.

@Raakhee calls it going for a walk, i think it's more about finding unwitting donor vehicles 😆😆😆😆😆

• Haha 3

• Platinum Member

Yeah I have only spotted waved at two while driving the JK. Black 4 JL and a black 2dr jk both in Hampshire. 

Other than that haven’t spotted a few maroon jk 4 door and a 2dr white jl Sahara on and around the area. 

We did a little meet and camp for a night a few weeks back. So that was Sophie’s TJ sport, Lance in his 4dr JL rubicon fully overland kitted. 

so not many one every now and again. 

• Platinum Member
27 minutes ago, JimC said:

Why just Wranglers?
The Jeep community spreads far and wide and we all have the same badge 🤣

There is an orange Renegade in my road. Another orange Renegade 2 roads down. A black Renegade that parks near Space Station down the road. I've seen a silver Commander on one of my walks and there is a black Commander at the gym too. A fair amount of Jeep around me.

And there is a Black 71 plate RAM, 2 roads from me

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JimC said:

Why just Wranglers?
The Jeep community spreads far and wide and we all have the same badge 🤣

Renegades are so much more numerous than other Jeeps that I must see at least one a day, most days (already seen one today on the way to site).  Apart from the light blue JK that lives in my village I can go weeks without seeing a Wrangler, XJ, ZJ, etc.

• Platinum Member

Well since joining the jeep massive, I wave at them all. I def see more XJs, ZJs and renegades only had a wave back from a few of them. One really bright yellow and black renegade and the odd other. Wranglers are far more rare around me it seems. Noted a silver 4 door JK Sahara in Stockbridge yesterday but I can go weeks without seeing another one. 

• Platinum Member

Isn't it great to be in such an exclusive group. In almost 20 years of Wrangler ownership I see very few in Scotland. I see more when we winter down in Andalusia with our JK. Also when we had our old 4L Cherokee in Oman in the 90s there where loads of YJs, the young Omani's sports car, both great for dune bashing.

• Like 2

Eight hours on UK motorway network today taking my daughter back to University.  Jeep count:

Wrangler (JL) - 1

Cherokee (KL) - 1

Renegade - 6

There may have been more, but that is what I saw while trying to keep my eyes on the road 😂

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
On 20/09/2022 at 21:48, Overlander21 said:

since buying a Wrangler in November last year I can still count the number of other Wranglers I've seen on the road since then on one hand

This still stands...

Where are all the Wranglers hiding?! 🕵️‍♂️ 🔍 

• Haha 3

• Platinum Member
Steve and the Morrigan

I see a couple occasionally in west wales where I stay 2 have reached out on FB wrangler group - if I’m driving to MK or Cornwall I rarely see en route and usually spot at location maybe 1 every now and again

• Platinum Member

I’ve just been on the A14 today too Ted, 130 miles round trip, one black JKU with soft top.

There are many good things about Wranglers ( CJs too but it’s been many a year since I last saw a CJ out on the road, that wasn’t mine 😁 ) but definitely one of the good things is precisely that you don’t see them very often. Which is why if I’m in the Wrangler it’s obligatory to wave and flash lights at them and, if possible, convoy up for as long as you can. I’m sorry @JimC but this just doesn’t work with other models in Jeeps range……unless they are modded. I’m more likely to get a wave from a modded Defender or Disco than a Renegade or Grand Cherokee.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Member
59 minutes ago, TimC said:

I’m more likely to get a wave from a modded Defender or Disco than a Renegade or Grand Cherokee

That's my experience too. Driver's of modified 4x4s usually wave whatever the make.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Steve and the Morrigan

I agree same here re other modded zero from non wranglers - I have a few little ducks just in case I see a comrad out and about - alas does it gathers lol

• Like 3

Saw this one in Falmouth yesterday; looked immaculate, despite a 'MUD' registration. More than you could say for my WK2. I recommended the JOC to the driver, since he didn't know about it. 

Having driven the entire length of Britain (Shetland to Falmouth) in the past couple of weeks, we have seen about five or six JK/JLs, mostly going the other way, since we daren't catch up with the heavy fuel users who drive those things!

JK-WK 232.jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
15 hours ago, TimC said:

I’ve just been on the A14 today too Ted, 130 miles round trip, one black JKU with soft top.

There are many good things about Wranglers ( CJs too but it’s been many a year since I last saw a CJ out on the road, that wasn’t mine 😁 ) but definitely one of the good things is precisely that you don’t see them very often. Which is why if I’m in the Wrangler it’s obligatory to wave and flash lights at them and, if possible, convoy up for as long as you can. I’m sorry @JimC but this just doesn’t work with other models in Jeeps range……unless they are modded. I’m more likely to get a wave from a modded Defender or Disco than a Renegade or Grand Cherokee.

Hi Tim 👋 

Same with an (albeit unmodified teehee) E-Boxer Forester. A year & half later only seen 2 or 3 others in the wild with only 1 wave back. Silly boy though still stick my hand in the wind screen when, and if, a Wrangler comes towards me. Old habits etc. 

Quiet on the E-Boxer section on the Subaru forum as well.

Good to be unique though eh Tim 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member

...one from me today...an Orange JL 61 plate on the Notts subberbs. All shiny and driven like someone who's taken three circuits of a Sunday Lunch carvery. A very relaxed and contented looking man indeed 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1