Jeep Owners Club Summer Camp Weekend Adventure 14th - 15th August 2021

jocadmin

• Platinum Member
On 26/06/2021 at 20:11, doodle said:

Question to the "Oh Great Ones"- On the two days- where Im not staying the night would you have an issue if I possibly brought one vehicle (TJ) one day and then the other one (JKU) the next? No drama if i cannot- it could be that i haven't sorted mud tyres for the Jk yet anyway.

Jim - What are the chances of this ^^^^?

• Platinum Member
14 minutes ago, doodle said:

Jim - What are the chances of this ^^^^?

Sure one Jeep at a time only. no problem if you switch for day 2 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Sure one Jeep at a time only. no problem if you switch for day 2 

You beauty.....

Cheers Jim.. At least it gives me a goal to try and get some muds on the JKU...Now where is the phone number for Buzz for the lift

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
5 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Yes the Saturday / Sunday before we need to head out to both sits to trim back bramble, and lay out course markings. The more helpers the better!

Count me in happy to help also got a chainsaw and petrol brush cutter I can bring 👍🦆

• Platinum Member
Canadian.Jeeper

Can I be added to the reserved list abit late tonight the party and sold out 

• Platinum Member
On 16/05/2021 at 13:58, jocadmin said:

*****TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT*****

Hi Everyone!

Once again here is hoping that this finds you and your families safe. 

We have now gone live with Summer Camp Tickets! Given the changing restrictions and guidelines this year, and given the backlog at Bala, we are returning to Slindon's 2 sites.

We will be holding the Jeep Owners Club Summer Camp. No better way to get together and celebrate the 80th year of the Jeep brand together with friends.

We once again have exclusive access to Slindon Valley off road site. This site is closed all year and opened just for us. Much fun was had last year at this sandy site. We will meet at Slindon Safari Saturday morning the 14th of August, register, and head and head over in small convoys.

This site is ideal for us to hold recovery and winch training. And then the next day the popular Slindon Safari 4x4 site on Sunday the 15th of August where we will have  4x4 tuition and no shortage of opportunities to catch up with other members, latest mods, best deals etc.  

INFORMATION

DSC00064.jpeg

•     4x4 Driver Instruction

•    Drive the Slindon Valley Site

•    Drive the Slindon Safari 4x4 site 

•    Recovery/Winch Training

•    Summer Camp T-shirt

•    Windscreen decal

•    Wild Camping Saturday night

Tickets for the Jeep Owners Club Weekend Adventure  are:

•    £40 for VIP members.   

•    £52 for Gold members.

•    £60 for Silver members. 

Advance ticket sales only, and your ticket is for the weekend whether you choose to attend one or both days. You must be a member of the club (easy to join) and road legal Jeeps only.

So, two days of offroad site privately hired for members only, recovery and winch tuition on Saturday, 4x4 tuition on Sunday included with your ticket,  Wild Camping Saturday night, a Summer Camp T-shirt,  Windscreen decal, and of course meeting up with fellow awesome members of our club! There will be a burger SUNDAY ONLY. Please bring your lunch etc. on Saturday. There will be portaloos at both sites. Joining instructions will be sent to paid ticketholders closer to the event.

Camping

Optional Camping limited camping spaces are available this year, but we managed to reserve a block of safely spaced pitches at a full service campground. You need to book directly and pay the campsite directly and tell them you are with the Jeep Owners Club when booking in order to get to our section. Again, you will need to book directly with Washington Camping and Caravan Site on 01903892869 ask for Karen and say Jeep Owners Club. Once these are gone they’re gone. See other post already on the forum. 

Saturday Night Special Wild Camping: 

After our first off road day finishes at 5pm, and included in your ticket is wild camping back at Slindon Safari with no facilities, so same as when

out on the trails. Take your "stuff" with you. After the offroad driving ceases at 5pm Saturday there will be strictly no driving of the site trails after that time given the restrictions (and immediate neighbours that include the site owner.)

We hope that you can appreciate the amount of effort that has gone into holding any type of event this year. Everyone is looking forward to meeting up and having a great time. 

*Ticket is per road legal Jeep, entitles you to Saturday and Sunday offroad sites, 4x4 tuition, winch and recovery tuition.

*Limited optional camping is available to self-book at Washington Camping and Caravan Site, see other post.

Tickets On Sale now in the JOC Store BOOK NOW

Directions

Slindon Safari 4x4 Driving Centre

Situated on north side of A27 between Arundel and Fontwell West Sussex Nearly opposite Stakis Hotel turning

Shellbridge Road

Arundel BN18 0NB, UK

50.860468, -0.619861

CB Channel 5 (UK)

JOC Team  

• Volant165 
  • Brad
  • Jules
  • Neal
  • Chrisby
  •  
  •  
  •  

JOC Attendees  

1. Jerryg
  2. Timc
  3. Slammedeluxe
  4. Digger
  5. Black_box_jeep
  6. DanSeldon
  7. Spookie the aardvark 
  8. Steve Bayliss 
  9. matt the sign
  10. Deniz

11. TerryM

12. Dannyhawk

13. Kiwi197

14. DanD93

15. Raakhee

16. RATCHET247

17. Boxerfan

18. Tom3Warren

19. eastbournesmiths
  20. TonyandAneta
  21. John Drinkwater
  22. Jason killian
  23. Mike WK2
  24. MartinJC
  25. Stitch4x4
  26. Greywolf
  27. Jeeper
  28. BigTobyD
  29. BigTobyD
  30. Bailey.J.W
  31. Killer
  32. Rick Kiesel
  33. Rico.Rubicon
  34. Flave 67
  35. razer1956
  36. CandsEvo7
  37. Conrad
  38. Razer1952
  39. Terry
  40.  Callambus
  41. simon.meadows
  42. MTBJeep3r
  43. Georgiesrubiconadventures
  44. Mikey
  45. Karl Dawson
  46. XMFjeep
  47. Chris85
  48. Ozzy TheJeep
  49. Caroline12
  50. MartinR
  51. Dave.B
  52. Droid
  53. Christian Hawker
  54. Badders
  55. JeepmanUK
  56. Juicie Lucy
  57. MGomes
  58. Doodle
  59. Wildjeeper62
  60. Geoff Meadows
  61. CunningJeepesCreepers
  62. Amina anotonia 
  63. DavidWMT10
  64. Jacob Davies
  65. Callum JKU

Reserve List

1.firoz

• Platinum Member
On 16/05/2021 at 13:58, jocadmin said:

*****TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT*****

Hi Everyone!

Once again here is hoping that this finds you and your families safe. 

We have now gone live with Summer Camp Tickets! Given the changing restrictions and guidelines this year, and given the backlog at Bala, we are returning to Slindon's 2 sites.

We will be holding the Jeep Owners Club Summer Camp. No better way to get together and celebrate the 80th year of the Jeep brand together with friends.

We once again have exclusive access to Slindon Valley off road site. This site is closed all year and opened just for us. Much fun was had last year at this sandy site. We will meet at Slindon Safari Saturday morning the 14th of August, register, and head and head over in small convoys.

This site is ideal for us to hold recovery and winch training. And then the next day the popular Slindon Safari 4x4 site on Sunday the 15th of August where we will have  4x4 tuition and no shortage of opportunities to catch up with other members, latest mods, best deals etc.  

INFORMATION

DSC00064.jpeg

•     4x4 Driver Instruction

•    Drive the Slindon Valley Site

•    Drive the Slindon Safari 4x4 site 

•    Recovery/Winch Training

•    Summer Camp T-shirt

•    Windscreen decal

•    Wild Camping Saturday night

Tickets for the Jeep Owners Club Weekend Adventure  are:

•    £40 for VIP members.   

•    £52 for Gold members.

•    £60 for Silver members. 

Advance ticket sales only, and your ticket is for the weekend whether you choose to attend one or both days. You must be a member of the club (easy to join) and road legal Jeeps only.

So, two days of offroad site privately hired for members only, recovery and winch tuition on Saturday, 4x4 tuition on Sunday included with your ticket,  Wild Camping Saturday night, a Summer Camp T-shirt,  Windscreen decal, and of course meeting up with fellow awesome members of our club! There will be a burger SUNDAY ONLY. Please bring your lunch etc. on Saturday. There will be portaloos at both sites. Joining instructions will be sent to paid ticketholders closer to the event.

Camping

Optional Camping limited camping spaces are available this year, but we managed to reserve a block of safely spaced pitches at a full service campground. You need to book directly and pay the campsite directly and tell them you are with the Jeep Owners Club when booking in order to get to our section. Again, you will need to book directly with Washington Camping and Caravan Site on 01903892869 ask for Karen and say Jeep Owners Club. Once these are gone they’re gone. See other post already on the forum. 

Saturday Night Special Wild Camping: 

After our first off road day finishes at 5pm, and included in your ticket is wild camping back at Slindon Safari with no facilities, so same as when

out on the trails. Take your "stuff" with you. After the offroad driving ceases at 5pm Saturday there will be strictly no driving of the site trails after that time given the restrictions (and immediate neighbours that include the site owner.)

We hope that you can appreciate the amount of effort that has gone into holding any type of event this year. Everyone is looking forward to meeting up and having a great time. 

*Ticket is per road legal Jeep, entitles you to Saturday and Sunday offroad sites, 4x4 tuition, winch and recovery tuition.

*Limited optional camping is available to self-book at Washington Camping and Caravan Site, see other post.

Tickets On Sale now in the JOC Store BOOK NOW

Directions

Slindon Safari 4x4 Driving Centre

Situated on north side of A27 between Arundel and Fontwell West Sussex Nearly opposite Stakis Hotel turning

Shellbridge Road

Arundel BN18 0NB, UK

50.860468, -0.619861

CB Channel 5 (UK)

JOC Team  

• Volant165 
  • Brad
  • Jules
  • Neal
  • Chrisby
  •  
  •  
  •  

JOC Attendees  

1. Jerryg
  2. Timc
  3. Slammedeluxe
  4. Digger
  5. Black_box_jeep
  6. DanSeldon
  7. Spookie the aardvark 
  8. Steve Bayliss 
  9. matt the sign
  10. Deniz

11. TerryM

12. Dannyhawk

13. Kiwi197

14. DanD93

15. Raakhee

16. RATCHET247

17. Boxerfan

18. Tom3Warren

19. eastbournesmiths
  20. TonyandAneta
  21. John Drinkwater
  22. Jason killian
  23. Mike WK2
  24. MartinJC
  25. Stitch4x4
  26. Greywolf
  27. Jeeper
  28. BigTobyD
  29. BigTobyD
  30. Bailey.J.W
  31. Killer
  32. Rick Kiesel
  33. Rico.Rubicon
  34. Flave 67
  35. razer1956
  36. CandsEvo7
  37. Conrad
  38. Razer1952
  39. Terry
  40.  Callambus
  41. simon.meadows
  42. MTBJeep3r
  43. Georgiesrubiconadventures
  44. Mikey
  45. Karl Dawson
  46. XMFjeep
  47. Chris85
  48. Ozzy TheJeep
  49. Caroline12
  50. MartinR
  51. Dave.B
  52. Droid
  53. Christian Hawker
  54. Badders
  55. JeepmanUK
  56. Juicie Lucy
  57. MGomes
  58. Doodle
  59. Wildjeeper62
  60. Geoff Meadows
  61. CunningJeepesCreepers
  62. Amina anotonia 
  63. DavidWMT10
  64. Jacob Davies
  65. Callum JKU

Reserve List

1.firoz

• Platinum Member
westcoastjeeper

Could I also be added to the reserve list please! Very late to the party…. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Update: The site has informed me that the Burger Van WILL be on site Saturday at Slindon Valley

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
38 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

Update: The site has informed me that the Burger Van WILL be on site Saturday at Slindon Valley

awesome 👍👍👍👍

Guest razer1956

Hi Jim did John speak with you since Sunday about the food and drinks for Summer camp. I spoke with him at the pay + play. The other thing is earlier on in this thread you said will be going the weekend before to clear routes around Slindon valley site and main site. On the Sunday is a pay and play day. As John holds these Twice monthly 90% of tracks are easily accessible. A few routes have buddleia overhanging. Slindon valley has not been used since last summer camp, so will have lots of overgrowth. There are concrete barriers in the way of entrance to prevent vehicle access. Think these will not be moved till just before us turning up on the 14th.

IMG_20210725_133829_966.jpg

IMG_20210725_133857_812.jpg

IMG_20210725_134138_448.jpg

• Platinum Member
On 26/07/2021 at 21:12, razer1956 said:

Hi Jim did John speak with you since Sunday about the food and drinks for Summer camp. I spoke with him at the pay + play. The other thing is earlier on in this thread you said will be going the weekend before to clear routes around Slindon valley site and main site. On the Sunday is a pay and play day. As John holds these Twice monthly 90% of tracks are easily accessible. A few routes have buddleia overhanging. Slindon valley has not been used since last summer camp, so will have lots of overgrowth. There are concrete barriers in the way of entrance to prevent vehicle access. Think these will not be moved till just before us turning up on the 14th.

IMG_20210725_133829_966.jpg

IMG_20210725_133857_812.jpg

IMG_20210725_134138_448.jpg

Hi Razer1956, yes John and I are in regular contact. The plan for now is to go clear the Valley site on the 4th of August so if anyone can come along to help let me know. At the main slindon site primarily the bramble along the A road is what we cut back when needed.  The rest of the site should be fine.

• Platinum Member

NOTE TO WILD CAMPERS FROM SITE OWNER

"Just remembered, can't have open camp fires only small individual ones off the ground in containers well away from bushes and trees.  Vegetation may be tinder dry and fires on the ground cause irreparable mess" 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
Roger Scott

Hi Folks.

Are they letting in visitors just to watch love to come and have a mooch around as we only live 10 mins down the road.

Ta

Roger  

Guest razer1956

Hi Jim I can come to help at slindon to clear the site on Wednesday. Were are you meeting and what time, I have a petrol brush cutter/ strimmer. Are we bringing own drinks. I have a camping stove and can bring  coffee + tea 

• Platinum Member
On 02/08/2021 at 20:30, razer1956 said:

Hi Jim I can come to help at slindon to clear the site on Wednesday. Were are you meeting and what time, I have a petrol brush cutter/ strimmer. Are we bringing own drinks. I have a camping stove and can bring  coffee + tea 

Thanks, that is great I have messaged Brad who is doing the cleanup. Will let you know.

• Platinum Member

A ticket for Summer Camp has become available. If you or a friend missed out, just go to the JOC store and you can purchase the last remaining ticket for Summer Camp.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
On 01/08/2021 at 19:05, Roger Scott said:

Hi Folks.

Are they letting in visitors just to watch love to come and have a mooch around as we only live 10 mins down the road.

Ta

Roger  

Hi Roger,

Yes. Come on down! You will need to park up at the check in booth area and leave your rig there. 

Jim

Guest razer1956

hi i have been at the slindon valley site since 10am will wait till 11am then go home. only 3 miles away Brad can Email me at.  d13dcs@gmail.com   thanks

16280707848907029095185945281310.jpg

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, razer1956 said:

hi i have been at the slindon valley site since 10am will wait till 11am then go home. only 3 miles away Brad can Email me at.  d13dcs@gmail.com   thanks

16280707848907029095185945281310.jpg

Hi, apologies. I texted you around 10am. Brad is at KFC now and heading to Slindon main site. 

Jim

• Platinum Member
Roger Scott
11 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Hi Roger,

Yes. Come on down! You will need to park up at the check in booth area and leave your rig there. 

Jim

Hi

Jim.

That's good news look forward to seeing you all.

Cheers

Roger  

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Windowlicker

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Edited by Windowlicker
  • Like 2

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta

Hi guys, it’s Tony and Aneta from Modified Jeeps UK. Some of you may remember we held an MJUK Meet and Greet last year at the Weekend Adventure in Slindon. We also hosted a charity prize draw sponsored by Rigid Industries Shop UK. This year we are bringing you the second edition, also with a charity prize draw but this time we have many more generous sponsors! You will be able to purchase the prize draw tickets at £5 per ticket (CASH ONLY PLEASE) on Sunday the 15th of August, directly from us after the briefing and throughout the day. We will draw the winners at lunchtime. Look for our orange Jeep and MJUK flags. The proceeds will be donated to Kent air ambulance - the local call out rescue service. Please spread the word if you know anyone that is attending Summer Camp this year but might not see this post or they don’t follow us on our social media🙏 We want to raise as much as possible to donate to JOC UK chosen charity 🙏

We look forward to seeing you all! 

LIST OF PRIZES:

Buzz Special Vehicles - £150 voucher to use against parts or labour

https://www.buzzspecialvehicles.co.uk

Rigid Industries Shop UK - a pair of LED lights - Radiance Pods with white backlight

https://www.rigidindustriesshop.co.uk

Buzz Sweets - 10 boxes of sweets 

https://www.buzzdirect.co.uk

Traction Clothing - embroidered cap and bracelet 

https://www.traction-clothing.co.uk

Explmore - “Strangers Like Angels: With a Devil Or Two to Boot” by Alec and Jan Forman, hoodie, keyring, bracelet and a sticker pack 

https://www.explmore.com

Ox overland - 2 embroidered caps, 2 water bottles and 3 key rings 

https://www.oxoverland.co.uk

Roam Free Adventures - £50 voucher to use against any Roam Free Adventures trip 

https://www.roamfreeadventures.co.uk

MJUK - merch pack - a set of 4 coasters, 2 ceramic mugs and a T-shirt, all MJUK original designs. 

https://www.modifiedjeeps.uk/shop

For more info/updates etc follow us on:

Instagram @modified_jeeps_uk 

https://instagram.com/modified_jeeps_uk?utm_medium=copy_link

Join our Facebook group - Modified Jeeps UK 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/928012790965947/

mjukmeetandgreet.JPG

buzzspecialvehicles.jpg

rigid.jpg

buzz sweets.jpg

traction.jpg

explmore.jpg

oxoverland.jpg

roamfree.jpg

mjuk.jpg

• Like 5

• Platinum Member

Hi, I cannot open the ''Information box''' 

Can any one tell me please?

1. what is the likely start time on each of Sat/Sun?

2. Will it be possible to get in to the Saturday site if I was late arriving?

Thanks.