4x4 Day at Yarwell near Peterborough Feb 07th 2015

jocadmin

• Platinum Member

• Jeep Owners Club Event at Yarwell near Peterborough Feb 07th 2015.

The Club will be hiring the site exclusively for Jeep Owners Club Members.

Price £30.00 per Jeep Payment can be made here https://www.jeepowners.club/yarwell.html

Date: 07 February 2015

Please arrive around 9:30 for a 10am Start

Yarwell Offroad site, Sulehay Road, Yarwell. The entrance is approximately half way up, (or down!) this road

Burger / catering van will be on site

Pets are allowed to be brought if you would like. If you let them out of the vehicle they must be on a lead / restrained at all times. Any mess they leave must be cleared up, and removed from the site for disposal. NO EXCEPTIONS. These are requests from the site owners. Failure to adhere to this polite request will result in you being ejected from the site immediately.

LPG vehicles are permitted to use the site. Any tanks that are mounted externally must be protected from being damaged and potential leakage. Failure to comply will result in the vehicle not being able to go off roading at the site. Any internally mounted tank must be secure at all times. This is a condition of LPG vehicles using the site by the owners

A chemical Portaloo is on site. I am assured it will be clean. If not please inform one of us immediately

ANY complaints that you may have during the day we would kindly ask that you tell us while at the event so that they can be dealt with.

To access the quarry and not upset the locals, all users of the Yarwell site are kindly asked by the site owners NOT to access the site via the local village through roads, using Yarwell Road for example. Please find an alternative off the A47 without going through the village.

Upon leaving the site please turn RIGHT out of the gate, NOT left, following a route back to the A47, either east or west , to go home. This is a polite request again from the site owners to ensure that the site can remain open, avoid objections to it being used, and keeps mud etc out the village following events. We anticipate using the site again so your help in all of the above will be much appreciated.

FINALLY HAVE A GREAT DAY OUT.

Attendees :

[*]Pippobug / Filippo - Jeep : KJ Cherokee CRD 2.5 - Paid :great:

[*]General Confusion / Steve - Jeep : Wrangler TJ 4.0L 1999 - Paid :great:

[*]Jules - Paid :great:

[*]Stewart - Paid :great:

[*]Stefan  - Paid :great:

[*]Boomer - Paid :great:

[*]mico - Paid :great:

[*]nelson - Paid :great:

[*]ChrisRedford - Paid :great:

[*]J33P WK -Paid  :great:

[*]dalc - Paid :great:

[*]Mark - Paid :great:

[*]46stm - Paid :great:

[*]Vivienne - Paid :great:

[*]tokosa - Paid :great:

[*]Guest- Paid :great:

[*]Chris - Paid :great:

[*]Ntgas - Paid :great:

[*]Steve1- Paid :great:

[*]Turborob- Paid :great:

[*] John Barnets- Paid :great:

[*] zapcat52 - Paul Kenwright  - Paid :great:

[*]Volant165 - Paid :great:

[*] rougeraven117 - Cody Hutchison - Paid :great:

[*]TEDTHEFED  - Paid :great:

[*] Steve Ransom - Paid :great:

[*] gochukr - Chris White  - Paid :great:

[*]Phantom_Mark - Paid :great:

[*]fujiace - Paid :great:

[*]Smithers  - Paid :great:

[*]h16twc - Tom - Paid :great:

[*]GeePee

[*]AJ

[*]Savman

[*]jamiehunn

[*]zombie

[*]The Green Goblin

[*]

[*]

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• General Confusion

• robojeep

• Paul J

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member

I am in, just hope it's not too wet. Guess details to pay & by when will be sent out in due course.

Fil.

• Platinum Member

Jeep Owners Club Event at Yarwell near Peterborough Feb 07th 2015.

The Club will be hiring the site exclusively for Jeep Owners Club Members. There will be courses marked out to suit each individuals Skill level.

Price £35.00 per Jeep or £30 per Jeep if we reach numbers over 25

Date: 07 February 2015

Attendees :

[*]Pippobug / Filippo - Jeep : KJ Cherokee CRD 2.5

[*]General Confusion / Steve - Jeep : Wrangler TJ 4.0L 1999

[*]Boomer / Bryan - Jeep: Cherokee XJ 2.5 Sport

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

May I ask how far away is Peterborough from London?

Depends where in London. I will be travelling up via M11. You are welcome to join us. I usually allow about an hour and a quarter from J26 on the M25

• Platinum Member

Depends where in London. I will be travelling up via M11. You are welcome to join us. I usually allow about an hour and a quarter from J26 on the M25

Thanks General, I'm in please..... :zozz_newbie:

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

Thanks General, I'm in please..... :zozz_newbie:

Talk to me nearer the date and we'll sort out a meeting point.

• Platinum Member

Talk to me nearer the date and we'll sort out a meeting point.

Will do General!  :mdr:

• Platinum Member

Interested but a couple of problems.  I understand that Yarwell is not suitable for Jeeps with LPG tanks, is that the case? Also is 'complete and total novice' included in the skill levels?  If not, is it still okay to join the day to observe, make coffee and shout words of encouragement at appropriate moments?

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

What do you mean by not suitable for Jeeps with LPG tanks. Is your tank not secure?

• Platinum Member

Put me down for this one.  I've just blocked out the time in my calendar.  Same as rest, let me know where and when to pay.

Cheers.

• Platinum Member

Yes it is secure.  I'm going by an entry on LRO site about Yarwell which states not suitable for LPG, hence the queries.

• Platinum Member
The Green Goblin

Put me down as a maybe.  I Think my MOT is due in February so will have to check.

I went year well about a months ago.  Good fun there.

I'm guessing your LPG tank is under the vehicle ? Does it stick down much ? I got a ZJ its not lifted and in some areas I was abit low and scrapped a fair bit

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

Yes it is secure.  I'm going by an entry on LRO site about Yarwell which states not suitable for LPG, hence the queries.

I know quite a few people who do some pretty extreme of roading with LPG tanks. I'm not sure what the problem would be.

If its rocks, I would have thought petrol tanks would be an issue as well.

• Platinum Member

I guess it's more the fact of where the tanks are than the LPG it self. If the tank is under the 4x4 it might be an issue with clearance from the ground and the fact that if it get's pierced you don't see it like with normal fuel and therefore could be dreamed a hazard. Then again if you have the tanks under the 4x4 you would take care when off roading if at all or at least try to protect them.