4x4 Day at Yarwell near Peterborough Feb 07th 2015

jocadmin

• Platinum Member

Tank is in spare wheel recess which makes it extra secure which made the note on the website about not suitable for LPG even more bizarre.  Any other thoughts or comments people?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• General Confusion

• robojeep

• Paul J

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

I would guess they were referring to external tanks then, unless there is something peculiar about LPG on Landys that I'm not aware of.

You'll be fine, just make sure there is no loose gear in the back.

• Platinum Member

Thanks Steve, appreciate your thoughts on the matter.  Please include me for the day and we'll see how I do....or do not... get on!!!  I'll monitor the thread for details about payment.

• Platinum Member

Interested but a couple of problems.  I understand that Yarwell is not suitable for Jeeps with LPG tanks, is that the case? Also is 'complete and total novice' included in the skill levels?  If not, is it still okay to join the day to observe, make coffee and shout words of encouragement at appropriate moments?

Im planning on going yarwell as its only 30 mins from me but im planning on watching and taking photos and videos as my back wont allow me to go off roading anymore :-(

Matt

• Platinum Member

You defo will pauline

its going to be good to see the place full of jeeps instead of landys for a change. Make a good photo having all the jeeps in a line. :icon_bounce:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Is this a clean site? Don't have a spare wheel ATM so don't fancy driving back with a flat,

If so I'd be interested in a day out.

dalc and general confusion your both in waltham abbey, convoy maybe?

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

Is this a clean site? Don't have a spare wheel ATM so don't fancy driving back with a flat,

If so I'd be interested in a day out.

dalc and general confusion your both in waltham abbey, convoy maybe?

Not quite sure what you mean by a 'clean' site.

Convoy will not be a problem, where are you?

• Platinum Member

I have been going for years and have never had a flat. I have only ever seen 1 person there get a flat so as long as you take care and mind the rocks that are around the water area you'll be fine bud.

Matt

• Platinum Member

For instance buewers pit is a quarry site and a lot of my friends have stopped going there due to the amount of metal in the ground, puncture per visit kinda thing.

I'm down galley Hill so could meet at the m25 marriot roundabout. Just gotta make sure I'm free that day

• Platinum Member

I have never seen any metal that shouldnt be there. Nothing hiding in the ground ect. If you go and are unsure you can always walk the route first to double check.

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

I'm on Ninefields (your side). We'll sort something nearer the day. Mico wants to travel up with us as well.

• Platinum Member

I'm on Ninefields (your side). We'll sort something nearer the day. Mico wants to travel up with us as well.

Nice one, yeah I've checked the Calendar and I'm free so put me down.

Yep sounds good, look forward to it

• Platinum Member

You call General?  :glasses:    Yes, I would love to follow you as I haven't got a clue where the place is!  :zozz_newbie:

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

When and where has payment for this event got to be in please?

• Platinum Member
rougeraven117

Put me and a friend john down, might have a few more from my area coming top

• Platinum Member

Fingers crossed i'll be coming along...........................I'd be interested if theres a bit of a convoy from you guys by the m25 area.................Thurrock etc?!

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

We will be running up from J26 on the M25. Four of us at the moment, but you are welcome to join us.

• Platinum Member

We will be running up from J26 on the M25. Four of us at the moment, but you are welcome to join us.

Cool, i'll give you a shout closer to the date for times etc  :great:

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

Does anyone know if there is a cafe or somewhere to grab lunch near the site or are we self catering?

I do a pretty mean Pastie a la Exhaust Manifold.

Sent from my Samsung Tablet using Tapatalk Pro