3.0 V6 Diesel engine

frosty

• Platinum Member
Caroline12

Yes, I put in about 50-60ml per fill up, that’s about the right amount for my fuel tank as per the recommended amount by Lucas oil 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
On 07/03/2024 at 08:42, Caroline12 said:

One problem with the 2.7L 5cyl inline diesel in the WJ was they used plastic fuel pipes and clips from the fuel filter, LP pump, to HP pump and return lines. After 16-17 years the rubber seals fail and let air in. 
the plastic clips break, their is no diesel priming pump on the engine it has a  vacuum unit to pull the fuel up 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ why. 
Mercedes sell the 3 new fuel hoses for £1000 on E bay, but you can buy the set for £110 from other sellers. 
@spookie the aardvark has a 2004 WJ waiting to be repaired for this plastic fuel line issue, I also fitted a fuel squeeze hand pump to prime the system in future, same as outboard motors type. 

I helped @Daseba fault find and mend his diesel WJ and got it working again. 

other problems are chaffing injectors, if it is cyl 5, you have to remove the engine because it’s under the windscreen and you can’t don’t have room above the engine to do anything. 

And I will always be greatful for that!! 🤗

• Thanks 1