TransCantabric 2024

stinger108

• Platinum Member

Hi Doodle, hope you are both well and can make the trip.  Perhaps she would like to be a co driver in a classic Jeep! 😉

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, digger said:

Hi Doodle, hope you are both well and can make the trip.  Perhaps she would like to be a co driver in a classic Jeep! 😉

We are all good- just busy and missing the trips!... Ill put it out to her! She'll enjoy your company more than mine at least you have better stories! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Calling all in JOC!!!!  Jeeping Heaven!    😀

I am still looking for a passenger/co driver for this fantastic event/holiday that Stinger has put so much effort into. Any one welcome to apply, young or old, male/female, you will have a gr8 time!

I do have some applicants but whether they any will be able to face, sea sickness(free bags supplied), the harsh driving conditions, filthy weather without protection, extreme heat with no aircon, driving narrow paths along 1000m drops , deep snow below freezing etc, staying in cheap flea pits with rock beds, all with lots of vinegar wine,flat beer and  generally living on bread and water remains to be seen .

Why not apply and find out the real joy of  'Jeeping''.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JimC said:

Just wondering if this trip is still on?

It most certainly is....

@stinger108

Edited by doodle

• Platinum Member
stinger108

yes it is.

all going well it will happen between 17/4 and 24/4, 6 cars confirmed

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JimC said:

Just wondering if this trip is still on?

Are you thinking of joining us Jim?

So far @stinger108 has been doing an amazing job of organising everything, it has the makings of a very memorable trip.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi Jim,  I'm all booked up too but have not yet found a confirmed co/driver/passenger yet! If you fancy a reduced cost and effort trip you would be welcome!

Just a thought!

• Platinum Member
stinger108

@JimC let me know if you join and need hotels, happy to talk with hotels and book rooms for you

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, stinger108 said:

@JimC let me know if you join and need hotels, happy to talk with hotels and book rooms for you

@stinger108 Ignacio- just adding to this - I'm booked with most of the same hotels - think it was just 2x that didn't have rooms left.

I'm still holding off the ferry booking as the Jeep is going in Wednesday for an oil leak and depending on where its coming and the cost to fix may/will determine what i do with with it and the trip!

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
stinger108
10 minutes ago, doodle said:

@stinger108 Ignacio- just adding to this - I'm booked with most of the same hotels - think it was just 2x that didn't have rooms left.

I'm still holding off the ferry booking as the Jeep is going in Wednesday for an oil leak and depending on where its coming and the cost to fix may/will determine what i do with with it and the trip!

👍 I am doing this week a few amendments either to improve (no good comments received) or to get enough space. will let you know updates as soon as clear

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, doodle said:

Fingers crossed.  It would be funny, given how close we are to each other if the first time we actually meet is on a ferry to Spain 😂

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, UKTJ said:

Fingers crossed.  It would be funny, given how close we are to each other if the first time we actually meet is on a ferry to Spain 😂

Honestly i would half expect that to be the case! Madness.... need to sort it out!

• Platinum Member

Thanks folks for the updates.
My WJ is in for a few repairs this week so I I can let you know by the end of the month, that would be great.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

We have only done the route on the motorway in April from San Sebastian to Santander towing a caravan as Santander was our port of entry and departure.  Beautiful scenery.

By the way if you know someone who is a Brittany Club Voyage member you can a discount on the actual fare itself, but not accommodation.  I think it is between 5 & 10%.  You can also take your pooch with you.  If you want a code please let me know and I will see what I can do as I am not a member, but know of someone who is a member and may be willing to give you the code.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
stinger108

thanks @Surfer I already got the ferry tickets, good to know for the next time and maybe others can use your kind offer.

agree it is the most beautiful part of the country (and best food too!!); done many times on motorway, never trough the mountains, it promises to be an awesome adventure!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
58 minutes ago, stinger108 said:

thanks @Surfer I already got the ferry tickets, good to know for the next time and maybe others can use your kind offer.

agree it is the most beautiful part of the country (and best food too!!); done many times on motorway, never trough the mountains, it promises to be an awesome adventure!

We really wish we could be back in Spain as thought it great.  Everything seemed to be cheaper especially fuel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi all ,

this so tempting!!!

Ignacio,  is there still space for and old WJ with 2 people?

• Platinum Member
stinger108
8 hours ago, Daseba said:

Hi all ,

this so tempting!!!

Ignacio,  is there still space for and old WJ with 2 people?

yes of course, it is open to everybody. only limitations can be some hotels (but will find an option) and that we will need to split into 2 groups to avoid problems with the authorities 🙀 

if you send me your mail I can mail to you all up-to-date info

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi Ignacio, would you mind emailing me a copy too please. Fingers crossed I may have found a passenger.

Thanks

• Platinum Member
stinger108
2 hours ago, digger said:

Hi Ignacio, would you mind emailing me a copy too please. Fingers crossed I may have found a passenger.

Thanks

that's really good news!

I will forward pdf tomorrow with some info

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Marcus Durand

I’d love to do a trip like this, but I don’t think it’s possible for us this year. Please tell us all about it when you get back.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
9 minutes ago, Marcus Durand said:

I’d love to do a trip like this, but I don’t think it’s possible for us this year. Please tell us all about it when you get back.

It would have been amazing to have 2 WJs amongst all wranglers! 🙂

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Hi Daseba, I think WJs are gr8 too, but excuse me, but there's only one YJ!😁

• Haha 1