Modified Jeeps UK - Jeeps ‘n’ Java CampOut, 12th -13th of August 2023, Nash Oakland Wild Camping, Powys

TonyandAneta

• Platinum Member

……also the fact that you are quite pleased that you know know that you hire toilets at a good rate…….just tickles me 😁, my sense of humour, sorry

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Member

………again , also sorry to Tony & Aneta for spoiling the thread, if you want to get admin to remove my last few posts please feel free to do so 🙈

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

Dear all, 

The JOC is an inclusive, friendly club that welcomes all models of Jeeps and their owners and does its upmost to cater for differing wishes and requirements. 

Only yesterday I travelled 400 miles around the country to plan two very different events for this autumn as well put other exciting plans in place for JOC members. Watch this space! 

Please be kind to & respectful of one another on the forum. What is your cup of tea may not be someone else's but that's okay because if everyone was the same life would be boring. 

Happy Wednesday. 

Lou (Mrs Volant) 

• Like 9

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
3 hours ago, Stew the Jeep said:

If anyone in the 4x4 community asks about lanes there's always folk offering positive advice and OS maps don't cost much plus no mentions been made about bringing your own toilet paper

Why are you so concerned (wasting your time on this) if you’re not even interested in coming ?! 

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
15 minutes ago, TimC said:

………again , also sorry to Tony & Aneta for spoiling the thread, if you want to get admin to remove my last few posts please feel free to do so 🙈

Haha don’t worry we had a good laugh about the loo situation 😂

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, TimC said:

😉 Terry, please do not worry or take offence I think you and Digger may have got the wrong end of the stick, it’s just my sense of humour 😁. It was just the line “ I was just trying to help re an enquiry on the cost of toilet hire “ tickled me, first because we had somehow managed to move the thread onto the cost of toilet hire and second, because it’s such a great get out line to use “ hey woah, don’t look at me I was just trying to help out with the toilet hire” I may have to use that one myself in the future 😂😂 sorry if any offence was taken, I really didn’t mean it.

All good Tim.  It's a good line, it may end up becoming my go to excuse from now on. 😂

• Haha 1

Guest Brad H
On 08/08/2023 at 11:00, TonyandAneta said:

Yet we don’t see you harassing the JOC about doing the exact same thing? This is starting to feel personal. 

Just felt I needed to post and highlight that the JOC North Wales Green Lanes trip was put on to raise money for the Multiple Myeloma charity. 

So I think this comment about “doing the exact same thing” is incorrect in my personal opinion.

Although it’s entirely possible that you were unaware of the charitable nature of that particular event.

Brad H

• Platinum Member

I've been on a recent trip organised but Tony and Aneta. They are really good people. @Stew the Jeep they are not the kind to scam anyone which is the undertone I am reading from your post. 

Not everyone is capable of just driving a green lane and not getting lost.

JOC has members of all levels of experience and capabilities and some of us will glady pay for someone else to organise trips. 

It's also a social gathering where you not normally will meet other Jeepers.

If you are not willing to participate in this experience, that's fine. It's your choice. However, please be kind to others who are supporting this event.

@TonyandAneta, I'm not attending as Wild Camping is sooo far out of my comfort zone. I'll see you guys at Summer Summer (not camping either but will visit the campsite)

• Like 4

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
10 hours ago, Brad H said:

Just felt I needed to post and highlight that the JOC North Wales Green Lanes trip was put on to raise money for the Multiple Myeloma charity. 

So I think this comment about “doing the exact same thing” is incorrect in my personal opinion.

Although it’s entirely possible that you were unaware of the charitable nature of that particular event.

Brad H

We are aware of the nature of that particular event but it’s also not the one we had in mind when we made this comment. 

We feel, after you comment, we should mention we also do our fare share for charity as and when we can. 

It’s a shame people are so quick with negative comments on social media. And what you don’t see is messages and emails asking for this type of event. By people wanting us to organise more varied events. It’s a well known fact that people are quicker to moan or complain rather than to say positive things in this world. The event is a response to the wants/needs of our followers and subscribers and is overwhelmingly a positive thing. 

• Like 4

• Platinum Member

More events for Jeepers is always a good thing. I don't think it is possible to create an event that satisfies everyone, but as long as it satisfies those that attend, that's really all that matters.

• Like 7

• Platinum Member
14 hours ago, Raakhee said:

I've been on a recent trip organised but Tony and Aneta. They are really good people. @Stew the Jeep they are not the kind to scam anyone which is the undertone I am reading from your post. 

Not everyone is capable of just driving a green lane and not getting lost.

JOC has members of all levels of experience and capabilities and some of us will glady pay for someone else to organise trips. 

It's also a social gathering where you not normally will meet other Jeepers.

If you are not willing to participate in this experience, that's fine. It's your choice. However, please be kind to others who are supporting this event.

@TonyandAneta, I'm not attending as Wild Camping is sooo far out of my comfort zone. I'll see you guys at Summer Summer (not camping either but will visit the campsite)

One day we will convert you… won’t offer you a space in my tent as I’m taking the small tent and that’s about enough for me

and Willow 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

Still no confirmation if toilet paper will be supplied for the portaloo.....the Great Cornholio wouldn't be impressed 

• Platinum Member

I do have gr8 sympathy for those who can't afford a toilet roll. I always have my own anyway! 

However ,if you would like to post your address I will send you one. Would you prefer Bronco or Andrex?   When one is struggling, flexibility is always helpful. One could always cut up newspaper into squares and thread it on strings like we had when I was a boy!!  🤪

Edited by digger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

• Platinum Member

Hope you all have a great time and looking forward to seeing the photos and reviews on coffee.
T&A, nice one for organising events like this and £30 for the experience is a bargain but if I may make a suggestion for next time - free toilet paper 📰 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Member

Event was amazing - I will probably do a little report this week, but for the record, toilet paper was free and widely available 🙂

I had a break-down (dodgy pulley) that made my drive belt come out. This meant i only did one lane on the day (but what a lane 🙂 ) - but its amazing how this community is, everyone was checking that I was OK all the time and I was even blessed with the fact the RAC man Jeep CS sent knew what he was doing and even had a spare part in his car the fixed my issue (that is lucky)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 09/08/2023 at 04:00, TimC said:

I had a discussion with Jim O a few years ago about this regarding the prices for summer camp ( a little different I know as it’s not just green lanes) why am I paying £100+ to drive a few lanes that I could do myself for free?  The mistake I made, as Jim explained, was assuming that everyone was like me and wanted what I wanted……it was just that summer camp wasn’t really for me but catered exactly for a lot of Jeepers who do want that sort of thing and are happy to pay for it. There are after all, a few people that make a business out of guiding people on green lanes that they could, with a little effort drive for free but they will pay, sometimes hundreds of pounds, to have someone else guide them.

This is quite correct but I believe what a lot of people miss the point that organisers & volunteers give free time, fuel wear and tear on their personal vehicle doing recces also not to mention accommodation costs to research venues for Summer camp and other events. The Bala Event involved private hire for of part of a campsite 4x4 site, professional driving and winch instruction, marquee , live band, beer and great food all part of the cost along with an element of charitable donations! 

Most Clubs here in Australia have membership fees to cover insurance etc.. some events are paid others free for paying members ! Some sites you can go and drive for $60 on your own others can only be accessed via a Club ! Then there are beaches and other tracks that are free to access but some chargeable as part of a national park ! point is we have to pay somewhere down the line nothing is ever really free in life ! 

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
On 28/08/2023 at 17:14, digger said:

Sounded agr8 event ,was sad  I couldn't make it. Any body got any pics?

Yes will post asap! Thanks for the reminder 😊 

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta

Here's is our photos from the Jeeps 'n' Java CampOut event, many thanks to all attendees😀 Everyone had a blast, despite the welsh weather conditions 😂 

We are looking forward to organising more of the Jeeps 'n' Java events in the near future so keep your eyes peeled for announcements.

Best way to stay up to date is to join our Facebook group https://m.facebook.com/groups/928012790965947/ and also follow us on instagram @modified_jeeps_uk https://www.instagram.com/modified_jeeps_uk/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D

482A9642.thumb.JPG.6461ddb0e445c298c31ee2c1918c8899.JPG482A9644.thumb.JPG.9f9739eff58e49910c22357675d0910c.JPG482A9645.thumb.JPG.5216d74221ff929c14b1b976ad5e67db.JPG482A9646.thumb.JPG.2c5ee737ab8ea177800d61161e988fef.JPG482A9647.thumb.JPG.52921aca27edee3d5d224e335a5cf68f.JPG482A9648.thumb.JPG.fd3a8da44a580a27b182d4ddf043b3de.JPG482A9651.thumb.JPG.21fd249d69a5fa030ccabea9748b4790.JPG482A9652.thumb.JPG.b6789015180ae2cde7723e4cd427ac1c.JPG482A9653.thumb.JPG.c8cfbb4f8024ce1149c409a25a31400c.JPG482A9654.thumb.JPG.60936a326b80752f2d255e9a78256e70.JPG482A9657.thumb.JPG.e176c675402fa6acf5aedd5442b022b9.JPG482A9658.thumb.JPG.7103099d5873d1e8948288f2c8f53590.JPG482A9660.thumb.JPG.f8492607db4607c73023e283cc1a111b.JPG482A9661.thumb.JPG.93326a6372cb8e885a1500ca37e9ec48.JPG482A9663.thumb.JPG.71af68cedc05421506b5e5ef08d60ff8.JPG

Edited by TonyandAneta
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
44 minutes ago, digger said:

Gr8 pics. which lanes were you on?

Thanks 😊 Water Break its Neck, Black Yatt, Giants Grave and a few others in that area. 

• Like 1