The JOC SUMMER SERIES 2023

Volant165

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, UKTJ said:

Think I might just have to give it a try sometime.  With the problem at that dodgy event last year I wonder if it may be too politically sensitive for JOC to do a club event there.

Once you start having more than 1  or 2 groups becomes challenging... the logistics are interesting (you would have to plan a few groups going on different routes and then potentially meet half-way etc)

2 hours ago, MGomes said:

What do you mean? Ducks can swim ahahaha

50975F16-B3F1-4D59-8C1C-C8297A6CC335.jpeg

With the snorkel, what's the next limiting factor on wading depth for a Renegade?

• Platinum Member

Dear all, 

Just so you know I am working very hard behind the scenes preparing for this year. 

Yes there will be events before the summer series. I am currently working on 3 of which further details will be available in the coming days. 

Mrs O 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

Dear all, 

Just so you know I am working very hard behind the scenes preparing for this year. 

Yes there will be events before the summer series. I am currently working on 3 of which further details will be available in the coming days. 

Mrs O 

Thanks to you and the rest of the JOC 'management team' for putting in the effort to arrange these.  It is much appreciated!

• Platinum Member
4 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Dear all, 

Mrs O 

@Volant165  If you need any assistance I'm willing to pitch in. Even on the Event days

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, UKTJ said:

With the snorkel, what's the next limiting factor on wading depth for a Renegade?

Starter motor, alternator and draining the battery voltage. From about 65cm upwards. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
9 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Dear all, 

Mrs O 

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help… 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 22/09/2022 at 12:37, Volant165 said:

Hello Everyone!

Well get a load of this. How about getting advance notice of our 2023 Summer Series of events so that you can all save the dates?

You will have already seen the starting event, Marquenterre France Saturday the 3rd of June.

For our second Summer Series event we will once again have the exclusive two site use of Slindon Safari the 15th and 16th of July with on site camping available.

And for our final Summer Series event, SUMMER CAMP (due to great feedback) we have hired Walters Arena the 2nd and 3rd of September. Yes, a weekend this time. And due to your requests, suggestions and feedback look for more amenities to be added.

More details in due course.

I just want to check that the dates for Summer Camp (2nd & 3rd September) are definite.  Can somebody confirm?  Need to deal with some logistics to make those dates work and only want to do that once they are absolutely certain.  Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/06/2023 at 15:42, UKTJ said:

I just want to check that the dates for Summer Camp (2nd & 3rd September) are definite.  Can somebody confirm?  Need to deal with some logistics to make those dates work and only want to do that once they are absolutely certain.  Thanks in advance.

Bump.

Don’t need any specific details, just confirmation of the dates if this is possible.  Thanks in advance.

Guest Brad H
On 18/06/2023 at 00:39, UKTJ said:

Bump.

Don’t need any specific details, just confirmation of the dates if this is possible.  Thanks in advance.

Hi Terry.

Louise has been away from the office this weekend due to Jim's eldest daughter's wedding. She will be back in the office from tomorrow, so expect a definite confirmation of dates for Walters Arena to follow soon after. 

Many thanks,

Brad H

1 hour ago, Brad H said:

Hi Terry.

Louise has been away from the office this weekend due to Jim's eldest daughter's wedding. She will be back in the office from tomorrow, so expect a definite confirmation of dates for Walters Arena to follow soon after. 

Many thanks,

Brad H

Thanks for the update Brad, much appreciated.

Sounds like you did a fab job or organising things at Speedfest.