The JOC SUMMER SERIES 2023

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Hello Everyone!

Well get a load of this. How about getting advance notice of our 2023 Summer Series of events so that you can all save the dates?

You will have already seen the starting event, Marquenterre France Saturday the 3rd of June.

For our second Summer Series event we will once again have the exclusive two site use of Slindon Safari the 15th and 16th of July with on site camping available.

And for our final Summer Series event, SUMMER CAMP (due to great feedback) we have hired Walters Arena the 2nd and 3rd of September. Yes, a weekend this time. And due to your requests, suggestions and feedback look for more amenities to be added.

More details in due course.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Hello Everyone!

Well get a load of this. How about getting advance notice of our 2023 Summer Series of events so that you can all save the dates?

You will have already seen the starting event, Marquenterre France Saturday the 3rd of June.

For our second Summer Series event we will once again have the exclusive two site use of Slindon Safari the 15th and 16th of July with on site camping available.

And for our final Summer Series event, SUMMER CAMP (due to great feedback) we have hired Walters Arena the 2nd and 3rd of September. Yes, a weekend this time. And due to your requests, suggestions and feedback look for more amenities to be added.

More details in due course.

This is amazing - for us it allows us to plan on call weekends with work and other bits we do - very keen on the Marquenterre trip details, we will need to plan for dog sitting and I am keen on this one, I have not had a chance to practice my French recently 🙂

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
On 22/09/2022 at 14:45, MGomes said:

This is amazing - for us it allows us to plan on call weekends with work and other bits we do - very keen on the Marquenterre trip details, we will need to plan for dog sitting and I am keen on this one, I have not had a chance to practice my French recently 🙂

We will have our house and garden by then, I’m sure we could dog sit for you 😊 

The rest of it, I’m sure @spookie the aardvark and me would be good to go for Slindon and defo Walters arena again. 

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

Oh yay. Walters Arena. I am definitely attending that one. I know I didn't get to explore as much as I wanted to.

No, I will not be camping. Gonna do the B&B again.

Always love Slindon. So will be there too

• Like 4

• Platinum Member

3 hours ago, Raakhee said:

Oh yay. Walters Arena. I am definitely attending that one. I know I didn't get to explore as much as I wanted to.

Raakhee, 

I think id have to do a B&B or hotel- SWMBO wouldnt camp...  Was the one that you stayed in far away? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, doodle said:

Raakhee, 

I think id have to do a B&B or hotel- SWMBO wouldnt camp...  Was the one that you stayed in far away? 

Very much in same boat, only chance of getting SWMBO along would be if a real bed was on the agenda, lol.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
13 hours ago, doodle said:

Raakhee, 

Not far, about 5 min drive from the campsite but one night there was an accident and the alternate route took me 45mins on a narrow, windy, country lane that was just about the width of my Jeep. Did my own off roading in the pitch dark 😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Member
On 25/09/2022 at 00:06, Caroline12 said:

We will have our house and garden by then, I’m sure we could dog sit for you 😊 

The rest of it, I’m sure @spookie the aardvark and me would be good to go for Slindon and defo Walters arena again. 

Oh boy - dog sitter near us - sounds perfect 🙂 

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member
21 hours ago, Raakhee said:

Surely we have converted you to camping by now????

• Sad 2

• 3 months later...
  • Platinum Member
5 hours ago, Raakhee said:

I know this is the Summer series but are there no events between January and May?

@Volant165 @JimC

The much delayed Salisbury Plain???  Too wet, too dry, too wet again now?  Bloody British weather 😆

• Platinum Member
9 hours ago, UKTJ said:

The much delayed Salisbury Plain???  Too wet, too dry, too wet again now?  Bloody British weather 😆

It is absolutely soaked at present, very deep puddles everywhere. If a Renegade doesn’t have a snorkel, it would struggle to get out alive 😬😬😬😬

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Caroline12 said:

It is absolutely soaked at present, very deep puddles everywhere. If a Renegade doesn’t have a snorkel, it would struggle to get out alive 😬😬😬😬

Think I might just have to give it a try sometime.  With the problem at that dodgy event last year I wonder if it may be too politically sensitive for JOC to do a club event there.

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Caroline12 said:

What do you mean? Ducks can swim ahahaha

50975F16-B3F1-4D59-8C1C-C8297A6CC335.jpeg

• Haha 4