Belgium Jeeper Days. 2022

doodle

• Platinum Member

All,

Here is the link to the event.

https://event4x4offroadbelgium.wordpress.com/for-three-days/

I and some others have registered for the event in Sept. I plan on staying in a local hotel/BB instead of camping as id have to buy all the gear anyway and besides i don't think she would camp!

Edited by doodle
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member

Hi Doodle , I think having a new post is gr8!

For those who don't know they are coming yet there are  more posts re this event under  ''Chambon sur Jeep 2022 cancelled' again''

Come on JOC lets have a good turnout!

ps  I have an empty passenger seat!  Applicants welcome!

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

i went to one of their events about 10 years ago, i lived in Liege at the time, it was a really good well organized event, i can strongly recommend it to anyone. 

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, frosty said:

i went to one of their events about 10 years ago, i lived in Liege at the time, it was a really good well organized event, i can strongly recommend it to anyone. 

Always good to hear reviews. Especially when there good...👍😁

• Platinum Member

It is not easy going through how to pay!

The easiest and cheapest I found is online though via  Post Office/International Money transfer.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Doodle . Travel lodge etc. I

10 hours ago, doodle said:

Digger,

When we have done Chambon before - we stayed at this travel lodge.. just around corner from ferry, caught the 07:00 ish ferry and then trump on down some 400 miles for the night 

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/640/Dover-hotel?utm_source=google&utm_medium=GHA_Organic&utm_campaign=GHA_Dover&GHA_Organic

'm happy to book this too for Thurs night 15th.

I didn't realise that the Chateau was only about 3 hours from the Channel coast. A lot nearer than Dover for me on this side.  Are you going across on the ferry then? What about the tunnel?  I will have a look!

• Platinum Member
9 hours ago, digger said:

Doodle . Travel lodge etc. I

'm happy to book this too for Thurs night 15th.

I didn't realise that the Chateau was only about 3 hours from the Channel coast. A lot nearer than Dover for me on this side.  Are you going across on the ferry then? What about the tunnel?  I will have a look!

I haven't actually got that far into organizing that side of things, 

Ive booked/reserved the hotel/bb from Thursday night until Monday for now.

I guess the plan was to look at ferry or euro nearer the time. As its only a few hours the other side its no so much an issue for me staying in dover or Folkstone the night before. Chambon - yes- as its much further down

• Platinum Member
9 hours ago, digger said:

It is not easy going through how to pay!

The easiest and cheapest I found is online though via  Post Office/International Money transfer.

for others i just did it via Revolut after chatting to the Belgium event guys.

• Platinum Member

Hi Doodle, I've my receipt from the event and have booked accom in Andenne (cancellable cos if I'm on own I will camp unless weather bad) i'll let you know when I've sorted Dover and ferry.

Anybody wanna occupy the passenger seat?

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Evening D, 

That's good. Yes I received the confirmation email beginning of week. 

I'm booked into Jardin du the 

637 Chaussée de Liège, Namur, 5100, Belgium.

For now. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi Doodle, I only know one person who is  familiar with this area. They tell me Namur is lovely place. I just booked (cancellable} some where acceptable whether I'm one or two in Andenne  which is nearest. It all seemed very booked up there when I looked.

Its my belief that cheapest ferry bookings are advertised on a Tuesday, so I am going to look again tomorrow. I'll let you know what I decide.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

it is a nice area, Namur is good, Liege is really rough, as are a few of the south Belgian towns, car and contents theft is a big problem, due to a very high amount of illegal immigrants that are living off what they can steal, i would advise camping on site, the facilities are very good.   i lived in Liege for 3 years, the language is french. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

Hi guys,

For info I paid for the Belgium event by Bank Transfer. I haven't decided yet if I go B&B or Camping.

I will look into that soon.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Thanks Frosty. After reading your comments I did a bit of 'digging'  too!

I am now booked into ''Jardin du The'' in Namur. At the end of the day if weather is good and if I am on my own or have a passenger who is happy to do so, I will camp. Otherwise the 'Jardin du the looks good and it has private parking. I have also booked 'Premier inn ,Dover East' for the 15th and the 20th. My ferry is 16th 07.50 Dover to Calais P&O.

• Platinum Member
23 minutes ago, matt the sign said:

Confused, is this event on or cancelled ?

Right the event that is held in France- Chambon Sur Jeep has been cancelled again. ( ignore Jim C's post!)

This event is held in belgium and at the moment is still on.

• Platinum Member
On 21/02/2022 at 14:36, doodle said:

Right the event that is held in France- Chambon Sur Jeep has been cancelled again. ( ignore Jim C's post!)

This event is held in belgium and at the moment is still on.

I've deleted my France post.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

My spare seat has been filled. Commiserations to those who missed out  this time!  😄

Let me know if you want to go on the reserve list, otherwise come in your own Jeep!

It looks a gr8 event!

Edited by digger
  • Like 2

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62
On 13/02/2022 at 19:19, doodle said:

Evening D, 

That's good. Yes I received the confirmation email beginning of week. 

I'm booked into Jardin du the 

637 Chaussée de Liège, Namur, 5100, Belgium.

For now. 

Hi Paul,

I also booked at same Hotel as yours so we can have a beer in the evening. 😋

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
35 minutes ago, Wildjeeper62 said:

Hi Paul,

I also booked at same Hotel as yours so we can have a beer in the evening. 😋

Chris, top banana mate- Looks like a couple of us will be there then.. Should be good..

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Dear JOC members attending this event,

have you received an email from the Belgian Jeepers regarding a panoramic Road Book? If not check your spam folder. It is not compulsory so it is entirely up to you. Basically it's a touristic ride of about 3 hours to discover the beauty of the Belgium countryside with a stop to taste the local products in a Farm. No off roading there but that sounds really nice so I booked myself for the 10am ride. Paull aka Doodle is also booked for that time. Your email will give you 3 choices of departure so if you fancy doing it with us pick the 10am option.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi WJ and Doodle, I have decided to go too and have booked the 10am ride. 👍

I'm in Jardin du The as well!

Come on Jeepers isn't any one else attending this event, it sounds really good  and its not that far either!  😃

Edited by digger
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62
3 hours ago, digger said:

Hi WJ and Doodle, I have decided to go too and have booked the 10am ride. 👍

I'm in Jardin du The as well!

Come on Jeepers isn't any one else attending this event, it sounds really good  and its not that far either!  😃

Nice one Phil ! 👍