Belgium Jeeper Days. 2022

doodle

• Platinum Member

Hi WJ and Doodle,

I am pretty new to CB.  What do you know about using it in Belgium please?  Channel?

Is any one else coming?

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hey Digger, 

Mine has the ability to do euro channels as well but we just sat in a UK one when in France.. it worked well for the group 

My jk doesn't have one anyway... 🙄

• Platinum Member

Hi. I have signed for the event too.

I am staying at La Maison Couleurs Nature à Thon-Samson, B&B €50/night; very close to Jardin du The, hope we can have some drinks together. 

I am crossing with P&O Friday 7:50 from Dover guess we will meet in ferry.

Ignacio

• Platinum Member

I am staying at La Maison Couleurs Nature à Thon-Samson, B&B €50/night; very close to Jardin du The, hope we can have some drinks together. 

Ignacio

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, stinger108 said:

Ignacio

Nice see you there. 

I was at the jardin but moved for reasons not required on here. Lol 

Only down the road in the ibis styles. 

I'm heading there Thursday and leaving Monday. 

Where are you coming from ?

I'm sure we can arrange a get together anyway. 

• Platinum Member

coming from Northampton, will be driving early on Friday and back on Sunday 17:20 ferry from calais.

my tractor is a 2 door red rubicon fairly scratch on the sides

"I'm sure we can arrange a get together anyway." > 🍻

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

No worries

Bog standard billet silver JKU here. Was meant to have items done but things got on way..was coming in TJ but still down and out

Heading early Thursday afternoon and back Monday night via Eurotunnel

• Platinum Member

Hi Stinger, gr8, look forward to meeting you. To my knowledge there are two jeeps in 'Le Jardin'' , us and Wild Jeeper . 

I am  on the same ferry(I assume  you mean 07.50am) out as you in my black YJ, returning Tuesday. Might see you on ferry with luck, I'm ugly old bloke with  Jeep hat!

• Platinum Member

great! i am planning for an early arrive to Dover with the permission of M1 and M25, a lottery. will look for you/YJ in port or ferry. Isle of Man cap.

enjoy your w/e

• Platinum Member

Hi Guys,

I will be crossing La Manche (coz it belongs to the French ! 🤣 ) via Eurotunnel on Friday 16th at 09.20am and arrive in Calais at 10.55am Local Time. It takes about 3h drive to get there so I am hoping to arrive at the Off Road site : " Château de Cherimont, Chemin de Cherimont 372 5300 Andenne, GPS 50.492618, 5.047818."  between 2pm and 3pm. Once Booking is done I will go to the B&B called " Le Jardin du The". Bear in mind on the Friday they have organised a Nocturne ride starting at 18:00 local time so might a good idea for those who want to take part to take it easy with the delicious Belgium Beer before that. (I know this is going to be really hard !). Back from the Night drive we can either stay on site as they have arranged a "Jeeper’s Bar & Hot-dog Party" or go back to the B&B.

Anyhow I will be leaving on Monday about 10am and return to UK via Eurotunnel again.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Chris

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

Chris, 

Will hopefully see you at the booking somewhere! Not sure if I'm going to make the night ride etc  

Will always be up for staying for a party and hot dogs!

• Platinum Member

Chris, my ferry arrives at 10.20am, and plan to drive directly to the off road site for registration; then to check-in in hotel.

Digger, not sure of your plans; but if you want to have a 35 minutes coffee in Calais waiting for wildjeeper, I am ok with that. 

• Platinum Member

Hi Stinger108,

You will be arriving at Port of Calais and I will be arriving at Eurotunnel Terminal which is in Coquelles close to Calais. Not far but not same spot. Up to you but if for some reason my crossing was delayed you guys could be wasting your time waiting for me. Let me know either way.

• Platinum Member

Well , I'm ok with it but for me I don't think its a good idea. I'm sure Chris won't mind if I carry on. Besides it might be us who get delayed.

I have a health issue which means a few stops for me which Chris knows about plus I'm the slowest traveller in my YJ especially so if its wet.  Odds are the satnavs will take the same routes(perhaps we could post this, I'll be using ''What three Words''shortest route) and Chris would probably catch me up . I thought I would check in first at the Hotel. It doesn't take long, its on the way and we don't have a back and forth extra journey when I'm likely very tired. Also, if I am tired I may have dinner in the hotel after registering or I risk being stuffed for the rest of the event.   I will explain when we meet.

I think we should say now what channel we will use on the CB. May I suggest channel 4 unless any one knows better.  Chris could the CB problem you had at camp be the 'Squelch'one described by 'Ludders'' in Vs post re ''CB antenna advice needed''?

When we meet up on the ferry (in the queue!) we can swap mobile numbers.  Chris and I each have ours.

Edited by digger
add

• Platinum Member

happy with that digger, I am the rookie here and everything is new to me.

will look for you in dover! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi everyone, what a gr8 time was had by all!

Lots of brilliant jeeps with very friendly organisers and occupants. Good food, beer, large site, interesting events within beautiful countryside and  a lovely old chateau!  Weather good but it rained every night changing  the course all the time! Gr8 hotel too, Jardin du The,  with excellent restaurant and on Monday, for late stayers, the old town of Namur started a beer and music festival which was grand as well! New JOC member Ignatious did really well off roading for the first time in his Red Ruby. The only bad bit was WJs collapsed tyre. A nice 'clean job' (free mudbath) to changing the wheel but the good news was the locals took it away and returned it ,fixed and FOC!

Pics below. Those not obvious to non attendees:- The guy covered in gloop - well that's what you get for being the photographer!  The barbie jeep race was totally crackers!! Rolling down a steep hill to land(if you made it!) in a mud pool! The white XJ is just disappearing over the first incline of the timed challenge trial, Which was brill but crazy! Impossible to win unless you knew the rules, didn't get stuck(you guessed it, our only entrant! Still we finished the course getting our selves out of a nasty hole, backwards! They tried to winch us out but couldn't) and had lost your marbles!

IMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1673.JPG

IMG_1695.JPG

IMG_1700.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

IMG_1719.JPG

IMG_1723.JPG

IMG_1725.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1750.JPG

Edited by digger
  • Like 5

• Platinum Member

Great photos Phil, 

Have to agree it was an absolute blast.  

But wet but expected. So all good...

Will definitely be looking to go again next year...

Will dig some photos out as well and upload when at a pc...

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, UKTJ said:

Looks like it was brilliant.  I’ll be looking out for dates for next year so I can block out the dates.  

Be good to have a few others join...

• Platinum Member

In the photos above, the French registered silver TJ with big tyres and blue bead locks caught my eye. I reckon it is illegal in France if French registered vehicles have to comply with EU type approval law and their own national DRIRE(MOT) standards.

• No side repeater indicators
  • Inadequate tyre coverage above and in front of the tyres
  • Above bumper tow hooks
  • Snorkel (counts as an engine induction system mod)

I am very interested how that TJ remains road legal in France. It would be very useful information for English rellies living over there.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
24 minutes ago, V said:

In the photos above, the French registered silver TJ with big tyres and blue bead locks caught my eye. I reckon it is illegal in France if French registered vehicles have to comply with EU type approval law and their own national DRIRE(MOT) standards.

• No side repeater indicators
  • Inadequate tyre coverage above and in front of the tyres
  • Above bumper tow hooks
  • Snorkel (counts as an engine induction system mod)

I am very interested how that TJ remains road legal in France. It would be very useful information for English rellies living over there.

You're correct V, this one and 2x other french ones were trailered in. One by a bedford 4 Tonner( i think) - looked awesome. There was a green one as well that. These ones were at Chambon with us as well.

We were asked when we were there once, how we drove them as they were illegal in France.,

The nice thing at Chambon was that the whole weekend the village was " in a dome for the event". Once it was finished they were all trailered up and left. They know that the po po were around the corner to catch them... It was a really good atmosphere there for that part

• Platinum Member
4 minutes ago, doodle said:

You're correct V, this one and 2x other french ones were trailered in. One by a bedford 4 Tonner( i think) - looked awesome. There was a green one as well that. These ones were at Chambon with us as well.

We were asked when we were there once, how we drove them as they were illegal in France.,

The nice thing at Chambon was that the whole weekend the village was " in a dome for the event". Once it was finished they were all trailered up and left. They know that the po po were around the corner to catch them... It was a really good atmosphere there for that part

So is your TJ OK to drive to continental events?