Shipping from the US

fen01

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
2 hours ago, Caroline12 said:

I was looking into using them to buy something for my renegade, so you don’t recommend them then.

Hi Caroline hope your well 👍 After the service i got from them the answer would be NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ............................ but it may have been an off day (maybe, sort of, possibly not🤔) I never did get an answer from them as to why my order wasn't sorted despite a lot of emailing and chat conversations with robots and promises to look into it. At the end of the day I did get a refund but wouldn't use them again from a personal point of view.

You might be luckier 🙏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caroline12 said:

I was looking into using them to buy something for my renegade, so you don’t recommend them then.

I have never used Morris, but if Quadratec have what you are thinking of ordering I can recommend them.

One thing Morris do is covert prices into your local currency.  I don't know from personal experience, but I have heard others say the rates they use to do this are pretty poor for the buyer.  But on the plus side I believe they do deal with the duty and VAT upfront with the shipping cost, which is a simpler process.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, UKTJ said:

I have never used Morris, but if Quadratec have what you are thinking of ordering I can recommend them.

One thing Morris do is covert prices into your local currency.  I don't know from personal experience, but I have heard others say the rates they use to do this are pretty poor for the buyer.  But on the plus side I believe they do deal with the duty and VAT upfront with the shipping cost, which is a simpler process.

Thanks, the front bar for lights does mention shipping costs and tax, vat etc all in price, which is very helpful, the fedex thing everything is very tempting, but reading comments, and spookie’s comments I’m hesitant. 

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, spookie the aardvark said:

Hi Caroline hope your well 👍 After the service i got from them the answer would be NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ............................ but it may have been an off day (maybe, sort of, possibly not🤔) I never did get an answer from them as to why my order wasn't sorted despite a lot of emailing and chat conversations with robots and promises to look into it. At the end of the day I did get a refund but wouldn't use them again from a personal point of view.

You might be luckier 🙏

Hi Spookie,

im fine thanks, hope you’re ok ?

it’s your experience that is causing concern, I just don’t want to have to that type of hassle. I will have a good think about things and look about, thanks 😊 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Caroline12 said:

Thanks, the front bar for lights does mention shipping costs and tax, vat etc all in price, which is very helpful, the fedex thing everything is very tempting, but reading comments, and spookie’s comments I’m hesitant. 

Whilst it isn't a single payment like Morris I have found the Quadratec process runs pretty smoothly and if it doesn't they are bery responsive.  You get a text and email from FedEx one the shipment reaches the UK with details of the duty and VAT to be paid and instructions how to make the payment.  I have then paid online and the parts are with me in the next 48 hours.  I won't bore you with the details, but on my first order the value of the shipment was incorrect which meant the duty and VAT was about £50 more than it should have been.  I contacted Quadratec to ask if they could help sort it out, instead they just refunded me the amount I had over paid in duty and tax to my credit card.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
29 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Whilst it isn't a single payment like Morris I have found the Quadratec process runs pretty smoothly and if it doesn't they are bery responsive.  You get a text and email from FedEx one the shipment reaches the UK with details of the duty and VAT to be paid and instructions how to make the payment.  I have then paid online and the parts are with me in the next 48 hours.  I won't bore you with the details, but on my first order the value of the shipment was incorrect which meant the duty and VAT was about £50 more than it should have been.  I contacted Quadratec to ask if they could help sort it out, instead they just refunded me the amount I had over paid in duty and tax to my credit card.

That’s sounds good and easy, I’ll look at them thanks

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
54 minutes ago, Caroline12 said:

Hi Spookie,

im fine thanks, hope you’re ok ?

it’s your experience that is causing concern, I just don’t want to have to that type of hassle. I will have a good think about things and look about, thanks 😊 

I'm good thanks 😁 Sounds like your going to be really busy 👍🤣

It could have just been my experiance with Morris but looking at the other comments I am not so sure, Have used Quadratec before and although it is a two stage payment process I would use them again 👍

• Platinum Member
17 minutes ago, spookie the aardvark said:

I'm good thanks 😁 Sounds like your going to be really busy 👍🤣

It could have just been my experiance with Morris but looking at the other comments I am not so sure, Have used Quadratec before and although it is a two stage payment process I would use them again 👍

Quadratec don’t do renegade 😕 actually just ordered front bar from Suspension.com FedEx priority international, gets to the UK and I pay duty and taxes once here. 
we’ll see what happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caroline12 said:

Quadratec don’t do renegade 😕 actually just ordered front bar from Suspension.com FedEx priority international, gets to the UK and I pay duty and taxes once here. 
we’ll see what happens.

Odd one, does not appear in the search by model list, but search for Renegade and you get this page...

https://www.quadratec.com/vehicle/renegade-bu?kw=renegade