M.O.D Site at Now at Slab Common Hampshire 19th October 2013 Revised location!

stewart

• Platinum Member

I'm new to this forum so hi to all. Sound like this could be the perfect venue for me and my JK to dirty for the first time. Put me down for the begineers group. Many thanks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• mark

• SavMan

• Badbug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

I'm new to this forum so hi to all. Sound like this could be the perfect venue for me and my JK to dirty for the first time. Put me down for the begineers group. Many thanks.

Will do Paul welcome to the club to :wav1

• Platinum Member

Ok, I'm really interested in coming along to this with my nine year old son. Also not sure whether it will have fixed the handbrake by then, although not sure how relevant that is :)

Would this be a suitable day out for a complete novice and young lad?

Obviously my young lad would only be a passenger not driving :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Administrators

Ok, I'm really interested in coming along to this with my nine year old son. Also not sure whether it will have fixed the handbrake by then, although not sure how relevant that is :)

Would this be a suitable day out for a complete novice and young lad?

Yes it would be a suitable day for novices and your young lad ! I bring my 5 year old daughter along to most stuff she loves it!

We will sort out groups on the day for novices ! Fist time I went to this site we had just road tyres too !!

Anyone else who knows the site can go off and explore but be aware of some water holes,  they can be deep!

• Platinum Member

Hi guys, put me down on the list.

I came to the Bagshot meet, in my standard 4.0l zj on pretty road orientated AT tyres, and loved it. I've since got a 2" lift kit and some beefier AT's, so hopefully will have all that fitted and be ready to go for Saturday!

Can't wait!

• Platinum Member

Yes it would be a suitable day for novices and your young lad ! I bring my 5 year old daughter along to most stuff she loves it!

We will sort out groups on the day for novices ! Fist time I went to this site we had just road tyres too !!

Anyone else who knows the site can go off and explore but be aware of some water holes,  they can be deep!

Thanks for that.

In that case can we please be put on the list.

We look forward to meeting everyone on Saturday.

• Platinum Member

Hi guys, put me down on the list.

I came to the Bagshot meet, in my standard 4.0l zj on pretty road orientated AT tyres, and loved it. I've since got a 2" lift kit and some beefier AT's, so hopefully will have all that fitted and be ready to go for Saturday!

Can't wait!

Fixed your headlight yet?

• Platinum Member

now Free

Fixed your headlight yet?

Yep, no problem, just cleaned it up and ran some silicone sealant round the glass and popped it back on, taped it up for 24hrs to make sure it'd set and then good as new!

Bumpers back on too (for now! Haha)

How's yours coming along?

Guest a23john

Does anyone object if I come along and bring the other halfs Grand Vitara so that she can have a play off the hard stuff?  She's not quite sure what the attraction is.

• Platinum Member

OK as I am a complete beginner to this off road malarkey does anyone have any tips on what we should bring along. I have the Jeep, Insurance, MOT and Driver License but any advice on other bits and pieces would be good.

This should also be a good test of where the new tires are still rubbing after my bumper chopping bonanza :)

Cheers

Nick

• Platinum Member

OK as I am a complete beginner to this off road malarkey does anyone have any tips on what we should bring along. I have the Jeep, Insurance, MOT and Driver License but any advice on other bits and pieces would be good.

This should also be a good test of where the new tires are still rubbing after my bumper chopping bonanza :)

Cheers

Nick

I normally have a recovery rope, some basic tools, WD40 and grease (came in handy last weekend), few cable ties, maybe even duck tape and wellies, when things get messy (never used mine)

Sure you'll be fine, the Jeeps is capable of a lot and with the other guys there, there should not be an issue

When u get there, mention u never been offroad before to one of the organisers, they will quickly sort you out and show you a few tricks

Have fun!!

• Platinum Member

WD40 and grease (came in handy last weekend), few cable ties, maybe even duck tape and wellies, when things get messy (never used mine)

:scratch: Too much information me thinks  :fresse: :useless:

• Administrators

Not Long now for Slab Common Hampshire this Saturday!!!

What else could you be doing this Saturday? Still plenty of space for this event! Never driven your Jeep off road don't worry you WILL be looked after !!  :icon_e_smile:

If your nervous I am happy to give you a ride round in my Jeep first to show you the site!!

So lets see more off you on this coming Saturday for some great Fun!!

DSC01811.thumb.jpg.3e70aa01b5edc6fff30f8664cf319df2.jpg

• Administrators

Not enough planning here...have shed loads of fun...

Thanks Stew look out for the photo's !!

Maybe we'll see you at another event!!

• Administrators

Someone from Jeep UK will be along on Saturday with a Rubicon model to show off! There is plenty of parking here so if you don't want to off road your Jeep come down and meet us all and take a look at the Rubicon!!  :icon_e_biggrin:

• Platinum Member

Have a great day , stay safe , enjoy and take pics ,, cant make this one as I am picking up my Tonka toy this weekend , all being well shall see you on Salisbury plain, ,,I will be the one towing a bowser full of 4star lol,

X2, hope you all have a great day and look forward to all the pictures. Can't make this one, still have the other half laid up from foot surgery and still providing "care".  :icon_neutral:

• Platinum Member

Have a great day , stay safe , enjoy and take pics ,, cant make this one as I am picking up my Tonka toy this weekend , all being well shall see you on Salisbury plain, ,,I will be the one towing a bowser full of 4star lol,

Hi Mark

Believe it or not I have just cut a few original Tonka logo graphics on our cutter/plotter here so if you want any let me know or pop in and choose a size & colour and i'll run some of for you :)

tonka.jpg

Cheers

Nick