M.O.D Site at Now at Slab Common Hampshire 19th October 2013 Revised location!

stewart

• Administrators

• Jeep Owners Club are invited to attend M.O.D Site at Slab Common Hampshire This SATURDAY 2013

STILL SPACE!!

Please Note This how now moved to the Larger Slab Common Site just down the Road!

Fancy a Saturday of 4x4 action? Never driven you Jeep off road? Well this could be the day for you! So wether you a beginner or seasoned off roader there is some thing for you all!

Located just outside of Bordon, Hampshire, Slab Common is one of a series of M.O.D training areas around the military town.

The site consists of a large sandy area with free driving, scrub and small woods are also a feature of the area. The northern has more mature trees and depending on the weather may have some challenging mud and water feature. Hot weather means the site will give you sand driving whilst wet weather will challenge all vehicles in the mud. The openness of the site means that road going shiny vehicles will find a lot to safely amuse the family on this site.

Toilet facilities and a burger van is available for snacks. There is plenty of on-site parking.

Details

Date 19/10/2013

Bordon, GU35 9HJ  - NOTE THE POSTCODE IS NEARBY – NOT EXACT.

Directions:

Leave Farnham on the A325 Climb the hill through Wrecclesham and keep following the A325. After a few miles you will pass through the Alice Holt Woods and then back out into open country. After passing through Sleaford the road will gently climb with light woodland either side. Head into Bordon and at the traffic lights turn right into Station Road this will then become Oakhanger Road towards Oakhanger shortly after this you will see th esite on the left, if you get to Oakhanger you have gone past the site!.
    Turn right into the lane and then after 200 yards turn right into the site.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=478321&Y=136048&A=Y&Z=120&ax=478321&ay=136048

OS X (Eastings)    478288
OS Y (Northings)    136046
Nearest Post Code  GU35 9HJ
Lat (WGS84)        N51:07:06 (51.118363)
Long (WGS84)        W0:52:58 (-0.882851)
LR                  SU782360
mX                  -98278
mY                  6608974

Please reply to this thread if you would like to attend Payment Via Paypal to The Blue Light Off Road Club bloc@hotmail.co.uk  £30.00  Cash can be taken on the day

Attendees

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• mark

• SavMan

• Badbug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member

How does this site compare to Baghsot (excluding the surface), from various YouTube videos it would seem slightly more technical.

• Platinum Member

was looking forward to this  but looks like i wont make it as i shall be picking up my Tonka CJ7 on the Saturday ,, looking forward to getting the Tonka truck out to play and really looking forward to Salisbury which will probably be my first outing ,,,,( now theres a scary thought ) never been Salisbury before  :icon_e_surprised: first time on the plain with a 5.9 litre monster  :icon_flower:

• Platinum Member

was looking forward to this  but looks like i wont make it as i shall be picking up my Tonka CJ& on the Saturday ,, looking forward to gotting the Tonka truck out to play and really looking forward to Salisbury which will probably be my first outing ,,,,( now theres a scary thought ) never been Salisbury before  :icon_e_surprised: first time on the plain with a 5.9 litre monster  :icon_flower:

Take some extra fuel  :icon_e_biggrin:

• Platinum Member

was looking forward to this  but looks like i wont make it as i shall be picking up my Tonka CJ& on the Saturday ,, looking forward to gotting the Tonka truck out to play and really looking forward to Salisbury which will probably be my first outing ,,,,( now theres a scary thought ) never been Salisbury before  :icon_e_surprised: first time on the plain with a 5.9 litre monster  :icon_flower:

Take some extra fuel  :icon_e_biggrin:

Might be a good idea  :icon_lol:,  I thought that if I took the 2.5 hp Briggs and Stratton off the lawn mower and coupled it to the pond pump via some 2" pipe , strap it to a bowser , and I might be able to tow it along  so avoiding a fuel stop  :rofl:

• Platinum Member

Just had a email from John of Blorc  change of venue

It's now going to be Slab common, Bordon Oakhanger  road

9am to 4pm

19 October

Terry

• Administrators

Just had a email from John of Blorc  change of venue

It's now going to be Slab common, Bordon Oakhanger  road

9am to 4pm

19 October

Terry

Just amending the post !! Thanks Terry!  :great: you beat me to it!!

• Platinum Member

Correct me if I am wrong Stewart, but wasn't Slab Common your first time out off roading? :oops:

Terry

• Administrators

Correct me if I am wrong Stewart, but wasn't Slab Common your first time out off roading? :oops:

Terry

Yes It was!

• Platinum Member

It's a good site ideal for those with road tyres who just want a look see as to what their jeep can do.

There are also bits for those who want to get stuck  :glasses:

• Platinum Member

:zozz_newbie: Is there any special channel on the CB that the club uses on these type of events ?  :wav1

• Platinum Member

A word of warning to a anyone going to Slab , ( be very careful of deep water) :gasp: :fresse:

• Platinum Member

A word of warning to antone going to Slab , ( be very careful of deep water) :gasp: :fresse:

Is this not where Stewart got ... how to say ... flooded?

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

Got a location for Slab Common...need to see if I can make it @ 170 miles for me...

• Platinum Member

:diablo: can't make this one  :icon_cry:

Here's two pics of when I went in 2003 with my TJ when it was a little baby.

DSCF0006.thumb.JPG.84165aa0cef8b1a8407efea6286c4691.JPG

DSCF0007.thumb.JPG.b2843cca23b7e3cf819f1f0736fe6555.JPG