Cooper STT Pro

PiersHG

• Platinum Member

I have had BFG 285/70 r17 on the stock rims on my previous red 2 door and now the Baja Peril (the same wheels & tyres actually).

Don't know how many miles over the two vehicles they have done (plus the 500 miles that Steve put on them before I bought them of him) and they are pretty good all rounder wet or dry. I'm not often off road, but when I do the only thing that bugs me with them is how long it takes before the last of the trapped stones come out of the tread. Have to check my mirrors before getting up to 60/70 on the A1m coming out of Weston, don't want to pee of to many other road users of now do I  :icon_e_wink:

Was thinking of changing to another brand as and when, but the more one reads threads like this the more confusing it all seems lol.

I have the stt pro on my jeep and I use it as a daily driver they are wearing not much faster than the goodyear wrangler I swopped from, bonus for me is the stt's work out a lot cheaper but just make a little more noise on the road , I can live with that , at the end of the day it's what you want its your jeep :great:

• Platinum Member

Kerry,

How are you getting on with the BFs?

Did you fit on stock rims?

Hi Fenton

Really pleased with them (315/70/R17 speed rated at S) ... quiet, good handling and feel safe in the wet (and dry) ... still desperate to try them in snow.

Not stock rims

phone_7.3.16_020.jpg.thumb.JPG.d157b012c2de31891b7c40a7821430a6.JPG

• Platinum Member

Thank you to my Jeep compatriots!

The Cooper STT Pros do look awesome and I think that is half the desire...At the same time, take care when on wet roads, as they really come into their own off road...

If anyone else wants to comment on their experience, please do so...

Ran the same size on my stock 18" rims for 6 years and they were amazing off road and good on road (provided you understand they are  not designed to perform like a road tyre) They were very quiet for full MUDs throughout their life and the tread was about 60% worn when I changed them due to age and the desire to run 35" on 17" rims. I have Atturo Blades now and although they are probably a little better off road, I'm very disappointed with the road noise - A head turner in urban areas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk