Summer Camp 2016 family camping festivities Friday the 22nd to Sunday 24th July

stewart

• Administrators

Summer Camp 2016 family camping festivities Friday the 22nd to Sunday 24th

The Jeep Owners Club UK is proud be celebrating the 75th Anniversary Year of the Jeep.  As part of the celebrations we are happy to announce our 2016 Summer Camp which runs from 22-24 July with Saturday and Sunday off-roading to be held at the Devil’s Pit off road site located in Barton-le-Clay, Bedforshire www.devilspit.co.uk

Summer Camp 2016 family camping festivities Friday the 22nd to Sunday 24th will be hosted in our own reserved section of Henlow Bridge Lakes Campgrounds located near Henlow, Bedfordshire www.henlowbridgelakes.co.uk

The site is fully equipped with showers and toilets.

The off road course located about 15 minutes’ drive from the campground has over 60 acres of off roading trails and offers something for everybody.  Green Routes for standard non modified road Jeeps.  Red routes for more experienced drivers. Black routes for advanced off road Jeeps and drivers.  Driver tuition will be available once again as well as winching and recovery sessions.

A main feature of Camp Jeep and the Jeep life we will be having a BBQ at the campsite Friday and Saturday evenings with music and fun in our own party tent as well as two fire pits for sitting around the campfire!

Some images from Last years event : https://www.jeepowners.club/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=77

Pricing and booking information now confirmed via link below

Summer Camp Booking now Live here : BOOK NOW

What your ticket includes:

• JOC T-shirt
  • Lunch voucher
  • Jeep authentic goodies
  • 4x4 Driver Instruction
  • Use of Devils pit 4x4 site
  • Show & Shine - free entry
  • Live Entertaninment
  • Weekend Camping
  • Trade Stands
  • BBQ

BOOK NOW

26-020716140427.jpeg

Front_sticker.thumb.png.51a7bb1ed6122c7efcfe4d39ef0a8ba9.png

Small_Sticker.thumb.png.35ff15bd30657795a27d799b639b904b.png

door.thumb.png.d9e4fb9654043d1924586269a00a8ef6.png

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• kowalskiXJ

• Volant165

• TazMann

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member

Looks great :great:

Really hoping to be there and to meeting JOC in its natural playground(s)

... will be interesting for this one man family to be "camping" ... :glasses:

• Platinum Member

I've never been. Are we allowed open campfire and/or open bbq with our cooker?

• Platinum Member

Looking forward to it, never played in the Devils Pit, from what I have heard it will separate the men from the boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done lots at the Pit over the years, problem is that on open days the idiots in £50 scrappers turn up and drive like idiots putting everyone at risk in their trucks, given it a wide birth for this reason. Perfect if the site is closed off for a specific event like this!

Can't wait :great:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

We could be up for this if the Dogs are able go go too Devils Pit in the car with us :) Obviously they wouldn't be allowed to be off lead at all  :icon_e_biggrin:

• Platinum Member

Devils Pit allows dogs kept on leads. See ya there!

We could be up for this if the Dogs are able go go too Devils Pit in the car with us :) Obviously they wouldn't be allowed to be off lead at all  :icon_e_biggrin:

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Looks good  :great:

If I can get the Saturday off we will join you.

• Platinum Member

Just a question, will Devil's Pit be open only to Jeep Owners Club on the day or also to the General Public ?

Also the Black route, if I remember correctly, is open only to vehicles with full roll bar and not to half cages?!

Fil.

Just a question, will Devil's Pit be open only to Jeep Owners Club on the day or also to the General Public ?

Also the Black route, if I remember correctly, is open only to vehicles with full roll bar and not to half cages?!

Fil.

Jeep owners club events are only for group members.

Devils pit rules state full roll cage, harness and crash helmet although I don't know how necessary this is but I'm sure one of the JOC guys will be able to help.

I'm definitely signing up to this one!

0||||||0  2010 JKU

• Platinum Member

I'm definitely signing up to this one!

As it's the nearest one to us, I suppose I can't miss this one  :oops:

• Platinum Member

Will be there with Tombola and a Raffle, so have plenty of change ... All for charity. Also any items for the tombola will greatly b e received.

• Platinum Member

Sounds like a lot of fun.  I'm new to the brand and have only had my Grand Cherokee for a couple of weeks.  I'm looking forward to taking it off-road and the green routes sound ideal.  Being new to all of this I'm curious as to whether there are insurance policies which would cover me off road or do I just need to be careful?

• Administrators

How do we go about getting tickets...

This will be online Soon!

• Platinum Member

Great..we definitely want to be going to this one..Just up the road from us.

• Platinum Member

We'd like to come along. Please let us know about booking in due course.

• Platinum Member
marcusjeepyjeeps

I shall be present as it quite literally on my doorstep. henlow is next village on from me & devils pit in Barton is the next village on from Gravenhurst where my folks live. So count me in.