Whitcliff quarry colford glos TBC Please express interest - May 2016

John

• Platinum Member

Oh yes, great idea, finally an event 30 minutes from my house :-). I have been at Whitcliff on a company do and it was great (despite we were forced to use their Landrovers :-( )

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John

• TazMann

• Stew the Jeep

• Oddball

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member

I will come along and play.

Not done any off road before, would like to see what it's all about

• Platinum Member

I am in! as an absolute beginner with 4x4  can't wait to learn new skills

• Platinum Member

Nice to see I wont be the only Newbie with a Jeep there  :glasses:

Can the experienced guys let us newbies know what we need to bring along please?

I've voted Yes. i.e. count me in.

Sandwiges , tea n biscuits  :icon_mrgreen:

Oh and to make sure you have access to recovery points ...

I.e. If you have a screw in type eye that goes in the bumper maybe put it in the front door pocket so it's easy to get at if needed  and maybe a recovery strop n shackle ...

But if it's any body's first time out then I wouldn't worry too much ..

It's quite a small site so there will be plenty of people to help you out if you get in to any difficulty  :great:

In the past it's normally a follow the leader type effort and you tend to team up with people to drive around with  :icon_flower:

• Platinum Member
sabconsulting

We'd certainly be up for that.

Out of interest - any camping available ?

Steve.

Sorry mate none on site but I bet there is a site near as its in the Forest of Dean  :great:

Ooo saying that to any body who's not been to the Forest of Dean be mindful that sheep n pigs roam free ... That includes along the rd,s

• Platinum Member

Hi John, we'll be in the F o D in a couple of weeks time for a few days, doubt we'll be able to do a May visit though, but we'll take a look at the venue  :icon_e_wink:

We'll keep an eye open for a Wrangler wave with you.

The Woodman Inn does a great Steak, and allows dogs btw :icon_razz:

DSCF0712__1024.thumb.jpg.c26138085ba21ffe989bbb1d371e7f26.jpg

• Platinum Member

We'd certainly be up for that.

Out of interest - any camping available ?

Steve.

Many.  Web search FOD camping...you can't go wrong.

Chief Cable Tie Engineer.

• Platinum Member

Afternoon

I'm thinking of putting togeather a Saturday ( 21st ) may 2016 at whitecliff quarry coleford nr Gloucester .

The site is used as a training facility , it's a small 40 acre site but does have some interesting teconal bits  :icon_cool:

It's an ideal site for newbies to learn there vechiels & to learn different off rd technics ..

This is a tester post to see if there would be any interest ? To cover the cost of the site , toilet hire , insurance etc the club would need 25 jeeps @ £30 per jeep  :icon_rolleyes:

If you think you would genuinely be i genuinely interested could you please post so we can grasp an idea of numbers to see if it's a runner  :great:

Big kisses john

http://whitecliff4x4.co.uk/about/ hear is a link to the site , there don't seem to be many pictures  :icon_rolleyes: but an idea of what they do  :great:

Ps this is also a bit of a scoop because they don't hire the site out to clubs ... But I've managed to get it for us next year  :icon_mrgreen:

If you need a hand John I am reasonably local so could come over the evening before / early doors on the day to help. Also happy to help with any admin necessary.

Thanks oddball I will keep you in mind  :great:

Looking at the responce so far I think it could be a runner as an event  :icon_flower:

• Platinum Member

Does anyone know if this is a dog friendly venue? Still up for the day out with like minded peeps, just easier if I am able to bring the two dogs with me. Either way I will be there.

Does anyone know if this is a dog friendly venue? Still up for the day out with like minded peeps, just easier if I am able to bring the two dogs with me. Either way I will be there.

I have seen dogs there before ... Just keep in mind it's a small quarry full of jeeps .. If it rains it will be a little muddy , so there wouldn't be a lot of scope for them to run around ... But on a lead they should be fine I should think .

I do consider this a social event .. With lots of stopping and talking jeep &  techniques .... So they might make a nice change to the conversation  :icon_flower:

• Platinum Member

If bringing dogs, you can run them stock but a 2 inch leg extension kit is recommended...

• Platinum Member

I have seen dogs there before ... Just keep in mind it's a small quarry full of jeeps .. If it rains it will be a little muddy , so there wouldn't be a lot of scope for them to run around ... But on a lead they should be fine I should think .

I do consider this a social event .. With lots of stopping and talking jeep &  techniques .... So they might make a nice change to the conversation  :icon_flower:

John, They are only walked on lead anyway, they don't run around off lead. They are Siberian Huskies and they like to operate around 1-2 miles from their owners who have now run around frantic trying to get the buggers back.....

John, They are only walked on lead anyway, they don't run around off lead. They are Siberian Huskies and they like to operate around 1-2 miles from their owners who have now run around frantic trying to get the buggers back.....

1-2 miles, that would be nice. My 2 Beagles pick up a sent and will just go, they don't care how far. So I know your pain

• Platinum Member

Hi there I am a newbie to the owners club , this sounds like the perfect first trip out , looking forward to it!

Jed.

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

From my last visit a map of the location of the site in Coleford is good

• Platinum Member

Hi john ,

When do we find out if this date is a definite ? If it's good to go I need to get my day booked off from the nasty work side of life that's all.