Whitcliff quarry colford glos TBC Please express interest - May 2016

John

Afternoon

I'm thinking of putting togeather a Saturday ( 21st ) may 2016 at whitecliff quarry coleford nr Gloucester .

The site is used as a training facility , it's a small 40 acre site but does have some interesting teconal bits  :icon_cool:

It's an ideal site for newbies to learn there vechiels & to learn different off rd technics ..

This is a tester post to see if there would be any interest ? To cover the cost of the site , toilet hire , insurance etc the club would need 25 jeeps @ £30 per jeep  :icon_rolleyes:

If you think you would genuinely be i genuinely interested could you please post so we can grasp an idea of numbers to see if it's a runner  :great:

Big kisses john

http://whitecliff4x4.co.uk/about/ hear is a link to the site , there don't seem to be many pictures  :icon_rolleyes: but an idea of what they do  :great:

Ps this is also a bit of a scoop because they don't hire the site out to clubs ... But I've managed to get it for us next year  :icon_mrgreen:

Interested members:

nelson

Stew the Jeep

Chrisby

woody-Jeep

fen01

Buzz

Mole734

Olijk

SavMan

MartinR

Paul103

TazMan

Oddball

glastodan03

Nolenco

knightwish

luigi grandi

Chris Redford

sabconsulting

Bradley01

Jed

paulgaukroger

RAIDER

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John

• TazMann

• Stew the Jeep

• Oddball

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member

Not sure if my vote counted as my computer died just at the crucial point, so I've voted again........just incase!

• 1 month later...

Nice and close , Should be up for this :great:  Come on people , looks a nice site !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Hi i would be up for a trip to whitecliffe, still wanting to try some off road and have been waiting for yarwell to come up as a lot of you reccomended it for a beginer.

as long as theres some easy stretches to get use to what the tj can do.

Yes to you both  :great: it is suitable for all espicaly stock as you can slowly push the envelope a little further during the day , as you become more relaxed with the site & the capabilities of your jeep  :icon_flower:

• Platinum Member

Would be keen to give this a go but never taken my JK off the Tarmac so may need some hints. Let me know when!

• Platinum Member

I'm a newbie wanting to learn how to get the best from my JKU.

Still running stock tyres - so I hope they will cope!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

• Platinum Member

Any chance of moving it from the end of May to June?  I'm a road trip to the French Alps on 21 may, but would love to do another off road day.

• Platinum Member

I'm a newbie wanting to learn how to get the best from my JKU.

Still running stock tyres - so I hope they will cope!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Martin,

Hi.  I'm driving a stock 2015 JKU and did the day at Slindon, and had no issues whatsoever, and it was a quite muddy... 

• Platinum Member

ANY vehicle will be OK here. You just pick the bits you want to drive depending on tyres, lift etc. A wide variety of terrain,some quite technical, lots of cross axleing, and others suitable for a Ford Focus!!!!

Glos/Worcs 4x4 Response team use this site for Borda Training, and members have in the past brought Yetis, Volvos, Jimneys, you name it, they get around. It's all about the vehicle, the driver and proper training/instruction.

So, get up here and have a ball!!

• Platinum Member

Morning All,

If the site is suitable for a Grand Cherokee V8 running no lift and General Grabber AT's then I will be interested  :great:

Just how much of the site would be accessible to a stock Grand??

Si.

• Platinum Member

Grey Thunder, that's the problem, I like the "Fun" bits LOL

Is this place Dog friendly? I have been to a few places with my old Mitsi many years ago that were. Not been here.

• Platinum Member

I know you can't please everybody, but I can't do May either but could do June. Always difficult trying to accommodate all.

• Platinum Member

I'm up for this as have that booked off work already and being new to the jeep scene would be my first club event :icon_razz: