MJUK Jeeps ‘n’ Java CampOut 20th - 21st of July @ Nash Oakland Wild Camping

TonyandAneta

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta

Hi guys, we’re organizing a Jeeps only event in July (20th - 21st). Tickets are available here https://www.modifiedjeeps.uk/shop/p/jeeps-n-java-campout-summer-2023-e7s79

Hope to see some of you there😃

FBEventbannerjeepsnjava.thumb.jpeg.9ef7a3beac4635b1375ba5711e319636.jpeg

DETAILED INFO BELOW: 

Our first Jeeps ‘n’ Java CampOut was a hit last year and it’s coming back!

Both of us are avid coffee lovers and know quite a few of you guys are too. We couldn’t see a better way of bringing two of our favourite things together - Jeeps and coffee.

This year the CampOut is extended from one to two days of green laning. The event will take place on July 20th - 21st at Nash Oakland and surrounding areas. Camping available Friday 19th, Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st of July.

What’s the plan you ask?

We’re hoping most of you will be able to come to Nash Oakland on Friday afternoon/evening and camp over. Saturday and Sunday are the main event days - starting with a coffee morning at Nash Oakland, around 9.30am, where you will get a chance to meet like minded people, check out each others Jeeps, everyone’s various methods of making trail coffee and just generally have a good time! A couple of hours later we will set off in groups to explore the stunning green lanes of Powys: Water Break Its Neck, Black Yatt and others are on the menu.

EVENT SCHEDULE

Friday 19th of July

Camping at Nash Oakland

Saturday 20th of July

Coffee morning Nash Oakland

Green laning - Powys area

Camping at Nash Oakland

Sunday 21st of July

Green laning - Powys area

Camping at Nash Oakland

Tickets/pricing

Jeeps ’n’ Java tickets £30 (one per Jeep)

camping to be paid separately to Nash Oakland at £10 per person per night

Important info:

We know a lot of Jeepers are passionate about different ways of making a hot brew. We will be interested to check out everyone’s ways of making a hot cuppa! It’s a ‘BYOB’ bring your own beans kinda party, so make sure you have your own water etc. (if you’re really not equipped to make a coffee we will be happy to make a couple of extra coffees in our Jeep).

Nash Oakland is a wild camping style site meaning there is no facilities such as showers or toilet. We will however have a portaloo in our field.

Camping to be paid separately £10 per person per night, payable at the farm house upon arrival (what3words: encounter.skillet.fork)

We will have Jeeps ’n’ Java tees available to buy at the event, and some coffee mugs obviously. Please bring cash with you!

Phone service and internet may be limited in this area, so it’s a good idea to download a map with some waypoints just in case.

Most of the green lanes we planned for the weekend are scenic and fairly easy going. There will be a couple of bonus lanes for the thrill seekers and more modified Jeeps.

We will be looking for group leaders, if you’re keen drop us a message, there will be a reward.

This is a family friendly event, dogs are also welcome.

If you’re not a happy camper, you’re more than welcome to join us just for the daytime activities (Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st). There is a couple of B&Bs in Presteigne.

Campsite Address:

Nash Oakland Wild Camping

Nash Court, Presteigne LD8 2LG

01544 262185

What 3 words locations:

Farm house to pay for camping - encounter.skillet.fork

Jeeps n Java field - treetop.tripods.ringside

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
1 hour ago, Lg5489 said:

Just booked 😀 looking forward to it. 

See you there ☺️

• Platinum Member
Caroline12
Posted (edited)

I’m glad to see your doing this again, its just too far for me, fuel costs and I couldn’t come because I really do not like coffee, it’s the smell, it can make me feel ill.
you probably find that odd, but for me I can’t stand the smell of coffee, I’ve tried coffee and I just do not like the taste at all 
I drink tea 🫖  I love tea 🥰

Edited by Caroline12
Spelling

55 minutes ago, Caroline12 said:

I’m glad to see your doing this again, its just too far for me, fuel costs and I couldn’t come because I really do not like coffee, it’s the smell, it can make me feel ill.
you probably find that odd, but for me I can’t stand the smell of coffee, I’ve tried coffee and I just do not like the taste at all 

Offroaders 'n' Oolong?

Renegades 'n' Rooibos?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
Posted (edited)

'Oolong tea', I haven't heard of that for years since talking Vietnam pot luck blues days! 😉

Edited by digger

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
17 hours ago, Caroline12 said:

Shame it’s so far away for you. Also you’d be quite welcome to drink tea like all the other tea lovers 😃 It’s more about Jeeps than coffee anyway 😂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

Hi - Sounds like an interesting event. I appreciate this is aimed primarily at Wranglers etc, but would this event be suitable for a 4x4 Renegade, with 1.5" suspension lift, KO2 tires and structural recovery point fitted? Like the idea of the camping and mostly "easy going lanes". And I'm an espresso addict!

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
18 hours ago, Tony-U said:

Hi - Sounds like an interesting event. I appreciate this is aimed primarily at Wranglers etc, but would this event be suitable for a 4x4 Renegade, with 1.5" suspension lift, KO2 tires and structural recovery point fitted? Like the idea of the camping and mostly "easy going lanes". And I'm an espresso addict!

Hey, we try to cater not just to Wranglers. We usually have at least one easier route at our events, you will be fine 😃

• Platinum Member

Thanks! Intrigued to try out the "Water Breaks it's Neck" lane - looks great. Do we need to book the camping separately, or have you block-booked a field and we just pay on arrival? Thanks - Tony.

• Platinum Member
TonyandAneta
2 hours ago, Tony-U said:

Thanks! Intrigued to try out the "Water Breaks its Neck" lane - looks great. Do we need to book the camping separately, or have you block-booked a field and we just pay on arrival? Thanks - Tony.

It’s a long and very picturesque lane, one of our favourites 😄 

We have a separate field booked for this event so you can just turn up and pay for camping on arrival at Nash farmhouse 👍 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
Raakhee
On 31/03/2024 at 21:54, UKTJ said:

Offroaders 'n' Oolong?

Renegades 'n' Rooibos?

I love Rooibos with Soya milk

@Caroline12 is going to turn her nose up on that one 😆

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

Just booked - looking forward to it, and thanks for organising!

• Platinum Member
Caroline12
2 hours ago, Raakhee said:

I love Rooibos with Soya milk

@Caroline12 is going to turn her nose up on that one 😆

Yep 👍 soya milk 🤢

• Haha 1