Events for 2024 - What would you like to do?

JimC

• Area Representative

It got reopened again ran for 2/3 years then shut it durign covid and never reopened

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stu2985 said:

It got reopened again ran for 2/3 years then shut it durign covid and never reopened

That was a different area of Cannock Chase, Bofa used the special events area, and was an all day affair. The other group were very hands off, half day,almost guided tours...

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2024 at 19:47, JimC said:

We have a few things to sort out such as public liability insurance so please do bear with us

Completely appreciate there is likely to be a lot to do behind the scenes, but I wondered if there are any probable dates for Summer Camp yet?  As a longer event that tends to be the one where most lead time required to secure a pass from SWMBO 🤣

Martin Stollery
On 10/03/2024 at 13:32, UKTJ said:

Completely appreciate there is likely to be a lot to do behind the scenes, but I wondered if there are any probable dates for Summer Camp yet?  As a longer event that tends to be the one where most lead time required to secure a pass from SWMBO 🤣

I really liked the Jeep drive in the Chilterns last year. Any plans on anything similar?

• Platinum Member
Richoutthere

Not sure if I’ll come to one with the jeep I’m building or not but I still want to do Severn sister (Walter arena), and a camping weekend somewhere wild. Just not sure if it’ll be road legal to do any others yet.

6 minutes ago, Richoutthere said:

Not sure if I’ll come to one with the jeep I’m building or not but I still want to do Severn sister (Walter arena), and a camping weekend somewhere wild. Just not sure if it’ll be road legal to do any others yet.

Not sure anyone is going to be having events at Walters this year.

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, UKTJ said:

Not sure anyone is going to be having events at Walters this year.

I have heard the same that Seven Sisters is closed for this year

• Platinum Member
Windowlicker

Another vote for Slindon, if it's not too late. Always enjoy it there, wet or dry. Thanks for asking.

• Platinum Member

Great initiative @UKTJ! Is anyone  organizing anything? I am happy to help with the organization... Is there a group of members acting as events cometee? Shall we create one?

• Platinum Member
Raakhee

@JimC are there going to be any JOC events this year? Any plans on a Summer Camp?

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths
2 hours ago, Raakhee said:

@JimC are there going to be any JOC events this year? Any plans on a Summer Camp?

I too have been wondering whether any events are likely. Easter is fast approaching and in previous years we would be heading to Slindon around now with plans for the year ahead also being advised.

Things clearly appeared to have changed this year and it would be nice for members to be informed why this is and what the plan for the future will be?

In all my time as a member it has always been @Volant165organising events but for whatever reason this year that no longer seems to be the case. Personally I hope Lou is OK especially with everything she has had to deal over the last few years with but we all seem to be in the dark as to what has happened behind the scenes. 

• Like 4

• Platinum Member

Very sorry about all this but things are very much up in the air.
Our problem is that we have the 'old' JOC team back together and willing to organise and promote the club but we have not heard anything from @Volant165 who has a 50% interest in the club so until we hear from Lou, we cannot progress any further.
I know that Lou has had a lot of issues of late so we are not pushing on this 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3