LANTRA accredited winch training

V

• Platinum Member

I have an opportunity to organise LANTRA accredited winch training for five JOC members on a weekday for around £200 each. The day of week. month, final cost TBA. Location is likely to be Surrey but it can be arranged in other parts of the UK. I need to gauge interest before doing any more on this. If there are less than five students, the cost per student increases proportionally.

Let me know if you are interested.

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

Thanks Caroline and Spookie. I have heard back from Stewart, but not from Lou yet.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi Vince, 

would definitely be interested, as it would have a work benefit for me as well as the obvious.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

The provider is checking availability of their woodland site in Farnham. I will report back when I receive more info.

• Platinum Member

The provider has some flexibility on dates. How does 3 weeks or 6 weeks from now sound? The earlier date will have slippery ground conditions which will be better for the training.

• A date to be fixed between 18-22 March 2024
  • A date to be fixed between 8-12 April 2024
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

I would be up for the LANTRA training if closer to my side.

Also if anyone is over West/Wales way then Whitecliff4x4 run a BORDA PUWER certification scheme with winch training - I am getting more info - and they are open to JOC attending but they are booked out until May at the moment. I will post the info here when I get it and then more experienced people can decide if it is something that would be appropriate.

• Platinum Member
Caroline12
1 hour ago, V said:
  • date to be fixed between 18-22 March 2024

I can’t do the week 8-12 April, I’m away for work up country all week. 

I can’t do the 22 March, as I’m on call.

i can do 18-21st. 

2 hours ago, V said:

The provider has some flexibility on dates. How does 3 weeks or 6 weeks from now sound? The earlier date will have slippery ground conditions which will be better for the training.

• A date to be fixed between 18-22 March 2024

I'll need to check dates, but in the mean time is there somewhere we can look to see what the course entails?  Do we take our own vehicles, etc?