Billing4x4. 2 Sept 2012

Sven

• Platinum Member

T'was a nice day. Sun tried to break through at times. Stewart managed to get set up next to the Jeep Dealer. (nice people from Westaway Motors, Northampton. Gave Ellie and me a free Jeep cap  :icon_e_biggrin: )

Met some other jeepers. In total there were:

3 JK unlimited, of which one a dozer rubicon

1 JK limited rubicon

a CJ (7 I think?)

a KJ

and my XJ.

We had a double run round the local off road course. Some nice tricky bits and a mud run  :mdr: (guess who went through it)

Didn't get much of a chance to see much of the event itself. Stewart kept talking and I couldn't get away  :icon_tongue:

Some pics and vids to follow.

• Platinum Member

CJ got stuck in the water  :icon_lol: (cross axled and one hub locker not working, if I am correct)

• Platinum Member

Nice video Jason :great:  was a good day out!

Cheers Stewart  :great: not quite got the hang of imovie yet.  :scratch:

Was a good day and after seeing the difference with the lift on your JK am going to start looking round. Did you import yours or get it from the uk?

• Administrators

Nice video Jason :great:  was a good day out!

Cheers Stewart  :great: not quite got the hang of imovie yet.  :scratch:

Was a good day and after seeing the difference with the lift on your JK am going to start looking round. Did you import yours or get it from the uk?

Yeah iMovie is great and the iPhone version is pretty cool too!

You can get the Old Man emu kit from TBR accessories who post on here or another place is Devon 4x4

I got the springs, nitro charger shocks, rear track bar relocating bracket and some trim spacers looking around £900 but I have to say the ride is much improved!

Also they offer different spring rates which Andrew at TBR will help with for example if you plan to a a off road bumper, winch  or if the jeep carries heavy loads ! JKS quicker disconnects are next while I try and find the electric one like my Rubicon has! These disconnects are also adjustable so you can get your sway bar / anti roll bar back to it's origional plane which should be +/- 5 degrees parallel to the ground!

I'll post a write soon so you can see!

• Platinum Member

HTTP.//youtu.be/gQ4XAPe0lk.  . Should take you to Svens mud run if not just type in billing aquadrome jeep and it is there with the other video. :great:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

7917067900_164e625f57_c.jpg

7917069000_7db26a0c4f_c.jpg

7917070082_24bc667c22_c.jpg

Hi, just registered on this forum, and will get a pic up soon. I have (3 days ago) traded my 5 1/2 year old JKL at Westaway for the red JK sport shown in their lineup above. My 4th and smallest Jeep. Thought it about time I downsized.

Looking forward to getting out and about!

Jim

• Platinum Member

Welcome Jim  :wav2  how's the new JK compare with your older one?

Smaller  :oops: but sophisticated. Had to relegate the dog box to the garage and put a cage in the back. Been used to carrying every thing I need for a wet or dry shoot, including gun dog comfort.

Finding short wheelbase more skittish then the longer ones used too, but its only 3 days!

Nice not having to worry about a £475 tax disc :great: and can use the ,phone without the earpiece dropping out!!

The JKL was with me longer then any other car, hope this one does me as well, else its back to West away.