Luton airport car park fire

V

• Platinum Member
17 hours ago, V said:

Perhaps EV parking should be kept entirely separate from petrol and diesel parking to allow specific fire prevention and fire defense materials to be deployed in construction appropriately. A water sprinkler system for ICE vehicles and refrigerated salt water drenching for EVs. Separate EV parking is naturally easier if it is combined with EV charging.

I am definitely not an EV fan, but it was not an EV that started the fire and no one knows if any EVs were involved and causing more damage so lets be fair and not make assumptions about EVs. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Surfer said:

I am definitely not an EV fan, but it was not an EV that started the fire and no one knows if any EVs were involved and causing more damage so lets be fair and not make assumptions about EVs. 

Yep best to wait for the official report, no point in blaming an EV as that Range Rover could have been a hybrid version that has the Lithium battery under the passenger side which coincidentally in the photo appears to be wear the flare up is,  but no harm in speculating.

• Like 1

I have to say the really odd thing about this fire is that the owner of the range rover has never spoken.  I get they may not want their name out there in case of hate from everyone caught up in it, but why not the whole "their words are spoken by an actor" routine?