Looking for a dealer with DRB III or emulator

V

• Platinum Member

I'm looking for a dealer that has a Chrysler DRB III scan tool or DRB III emulator for wiTECH microPOD. This is likely to be a dealership that was around in the Daimler-Chrysler days before FCA.

It doesn't have to be a dealer, it can be an independent. I just want to deauth and reauth keys and fobs for a KJ Liberty/Cherokee. I haven't got one yet but it will be the first job that will need doing.

• Platinum Member

Hi Vince, bit of a long shot but you could try Motorvogue Bedford. They still have two people there from the Myltons Chrysler/Jeep days. Karen is customer service and Martin is the Jeep tech. We bought our XJ from Myltons. Unfortunately they have now been absorbed into the Motorvogue setup which means they no longer have direct lines in it's all through a central switchboard who know nothing but if you can speak to either of them, probably Martin, they might have something. They were still doing our KJ five years ago so they might. The other possibility is Westaway Jeep Northampton, haven't ever used them for service but Jeep is what they do and they have been doing them for a long time.   

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Thanks Tim. I forgot Westaways were still going. They used to be my local dealer. I have already contacted Motorvogue in Norwich this morning and asked if any of they or any of their other sites can do it. I will wait for their reply before going further.

• 7 months later...
  • Platinum Member
BenjiXJ

Did you ever get an update on this, looking for somewhere with drb.. also in Norwich 

11 hours ago, V said:

I will probably go for a Chinese Micropod2 clone with DRB3 emulator.

I have not used one before and I am still trying to find out if this is still a workable hack in 2024.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/drb-iii-emulator-in-a-virtual-machine.71537/

This is way, way, way beyond me.  But I do find the resource section on that forum really helpful at times.  I am sure there is a fair bit on there, like the thread you linked, that would be helpful for owners of Jeeps other than TJs.  The same guy also runs a site for JKs amd JLs, but I can't say how good or bad they are, but may be worth exploring for owners of those Jeeps.

• Platinum Member

Stellantis are missing a huge opportunity to reach the real brand ambassadors within the community of enthusiasts. They could quite easily sell thousands of officially supported 'DRB3-Lite' diagnostic devices to enthusiasts worldwide. If they didn't want to get involved selling a DIY level USB scan tool they could do a deal with Bosch, Autel or some other scan tool manufacturer.

Being able to purchase an affordable diagnostic tool that specifically caters for obsolete Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Plymouth vehicles to diagnose and configure all of their computer controlled systems, engine, transmission, body using whatever protocols were in use on those vehicles, including their Frankenstein diesel setups can be the difference between preserving a vehicle or sending it to scrap.

I would be happy to spend up to £200 for a USB device with a perpetual software licence that gives me full DRB3 access to any pre-2007 vehicle.

I would be less happy, but still willing to pay £50 for a VIN locked perpetual software license with a £150 hardware diagnostic tool.