Events for 2015

stewart

• Administrators

We are currently looking at the events for 2015 so we would be interested in some of your views ! Please take a moment to vote or comment on what you want to do next year!

• Platinum Member

UK expeditions, like the North Yorkshire one for example, not too far to travel, most places can be reached in 4-5 hrs and this country is stunning, you just have to find the places. Good for weekend trips when time is the tricky part to find  :icon_razz:

Guest grey thunder

UK expeditions, like the North Yorkshire one for example, not too far to travel, most places can be reached in 4-5 hrs and this country is stunning, you just have to find the places. Good for weekend trips when time is the tricky part to find  :icon_razz:

Have you done any thing in Wales yet steve! !

• Platinum Member

x2

I struggle to get the time away from work (cr*p job) ,

so I'm unfortunately only able to make a few events but i'd definitely like to see another Wales expedition,

Brilliant scenery, Great company , Excellent event,  Sign me up  :great: :great:

• Platinum Member

Have you done any thing in Wales yet steve! !

A couple, about ten years ago. Couldn't make this year's as clashed with stuff. Deffo interested again though.

• Platinum Member

Agree, few long weekend trips in the UK would be great, as like Chris, work is currently major issue re time off, but if I knew month or 2 in advanced then I can 'work' on management to try and get time off

If there's again a trip in Lake District or even Peak District, I would be interested!

I think some serious consideration should be given to a combined day, lanes ending up a beer festival with camping :great:  :icon_king:

I think some serious consideration should be given to a combined day, lanes ending up a beer festival with camping :great:  :icon_king:

I thought it was a prerequisite for all Jeepers to have a beer festival after any event  :icon_lol:

• Platinum Member

Although I may have over estimated any demand for it (see other post!), I'd love to do a Belgium/ N France long weekend, green lanes and world war stuff!!

• Platinum Member

Would be nice to keep a combination. A few longer trips like Corsica and Pyrenees.  Would also like to see deeper into Spain and have heard great things about Slovenia and Croatia.  LOTS more UK weekends would be nice the one day pay and play are great ways for newbies to meet more experienced Jeep owners.

• Platinum Member

Not many votes for the European trips so far. I've been interested in Iceland for a while now and it seems to be a popular destination for 4x4s.

Not many votes for the European trips so far. I've been interested in Iceland for a while now and it seems to be a popular destination for 4x4s.

We have a mutual friend No Limits Jeep. Wim DeRoos who has been to Iceland and other far away places in his TJ. I've seen his pics and talked in depth about Iceland and its wonderful. Its a long trip as the old ferry that used to make it a simple crossing is now a longer 2-3 ferry trip to get there but he says its well worth it.

• Platinum Member

you can send your jeep direct and fly there a week later

cheapest option and saves a load of traveling.

it can be done in 2 weeks then, and not as much as you think

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

If the rumours about Hawkstone Park are true pls let me know know the area exceedingly well

• Platinum Member

Been to Iceland already. I would advise you to keep your money and rent a 4x4 there. There are several places and several options, depending how much you are willing to invest. Be aware that Iceland is bigger than what you might think and my 2 weeks there only allowed to see about half the island.

4x4 are only allowed in certain areas and try off-roading only when it snows. Otherwise a mild 4x4 motor will be enough for about 80% of the island.

On topic, a trip to Picos de Europa in the North of Spain could also be an idea.

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member
The vast minority

so, is there anything actually planned then?

I live in North yorks and used to take my Hilux to Dalby.  Not much of a serious off road venue, granted but it was an expensive vehicle and I couldn't smash it up.

I won't want to smash up the new vehicle either as it wasn't cheap and will be the lady's runabout so for a couple of years will be taking it easy but would be happy to help organise something in NY. I know a lot of places that are nice for classic cars and scenery but not really for off road driving. think of me as a fixer that knows NY very well indeed (I ride bikes) so can advise on pubs and camping, hotels, whatever!  I do know of the odd trail up rock strewn tracks but nothing more challenging so won't pretend to be the man in the know.

I also used to be the national events co-ordinator for a certain German motorbike club so know a bit about sorting events out. It can be tough but great fun

Al

• Platinum Member

North Yorkshire would be good for me too. Drove langdale in various vehicles before the jeep.

so, is there anything actually planned then?

I live in North yorks and used to take my Hilux to Dalby.  Not much of a serious off road venue, granted but it was an expensive vehicle and I couldn't smash it up.

I won't want to smash up the new vehicle either as it wasn't cheap and will be the lady's runabout so for a couple of years will be taking it easy but would be happy to help organise something in NY. I know a lot of places that are nice for classic cars and scenery but not really for off road driving. think of me as a fixer that knows NY very well indeed (I ride bikes) so can advise on pubs and camping, hotels, whatever!  I do know of the odd trail up rock strewn tracks but nothing more challenging so won't pretend to be the man in the know.

I also used to be the national events co-ordinator for a certain German motorbike club so know a bit about sorting events out. It can be tough but great fun

Al

There are loads of events planned. We have already added about eight with more to come. Check out the events section of the forum.

• Platinum Member

Would be nice to organize a trip to Scotland to see the northern lights  :icon_e_biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The Peak District or Wales would be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are looking at possible dates for a trip later in the year!