JL Alarm going off

Deniz

I wanted to ask if anyone had the same issue, today while I was driving the alarm went off suddenly and couldn't manage to cancel it. It went on and off sor several times. And now the 4 lock bottom option is not working.

Does anyone know which one is the fuse for the alarm if there is so I can remove it and have piece of mind.

• Platinum Member
Overlander21

I don't imagine modern cars have a fuse for the alarm as the alarm will be integrated to the BCU, so it'll use the can bus to flash the lights, sound the horn, etc - rather than separate / physical alarm unit like in the old days 🤔

I also didn't even know the JL had an alarm 😬

• Platinum Member
14 hours ago, Overlander21 said:

I don't imagine modern cars have a fuse for the alarm as the alarm will be integrated to the BCU, so it'll use the can bus to flash the lights, sound the horn, etc - rather than separate / physical alarm unit like in the old days 🤔

I also didn't even know the JL had an alarm 😬

It has an alarm. A loud one 🥹

Found that out when I overloaded the trunk and it went off while driving uphill. Apparently it triggered a sensor when the back window moved

@Deniz Here is what I found in the manual regarding fuses. Not sure which one will stop the alarm

SmartSelect_20230814_071427_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.25565902762910eea9efc8afb6fa717b.jpgSmartSelect_20230814_071450_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.f205900c28567f7f2dd7e530cb3e5900.jpgSmartSelect_20230814_071511_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.81fab8f882905d4da5ae67b785fe976e.jpg

• Like 1