WK2 - Recall Notice - EGR Cooler

Mike WK2

• Platinum Member

The end of my current maintenance list was finding and resolving a coolant leak. Hunting around the engine bay, found the leak coming from the EGR cooler. 

Starting looking for parts and came across this recall notice published in May 21, and appears to relate to all WK2’s 3ltr CRD variants between Dec 2012 and Jan 19. 

I haven’t received any communication from Jeep so will be phoning tomorrow, but others may won’t to check. Pics of the notice summary attached for reference. 

8ECBE168-170C-48BB-9269-21BF4B4B7D55.png

7ECE4BCC-7E6C-4F8F-8DD1-E17A620BE7C7.png

9EA7110E-5EBA-4C23-87D6-B5274AEA773B.png

2961CA7A-41F0-45E8-B537-DA535600BC3C.png

• 3 weeks later...

Mike,

I haven't received this notification, though I did have the 'magnet drops off the flywheel and everything stops' one dealt with last year, i.e. after the date of this notice. My WK2 is certainly on FCA's register (and thus, hopefully, their successor, Stellantis).

I am less and less likely to do serious maintenance no my WK2 – getting older and busier – but, just out of interest, where is the EGR cooler? I could look it up in the online workshop manual, but you obviously already know, and probably have some idea of what might be involved in a repair. This might encourage me, or otherwise!

Regards,

Gerald

• Platinum Member

Hi Gerald, 

if your stood at the front of car with bonnet up, pull off the plastic engine cover and it’s tucked away on the left hand side right towards the back of the engine. Just passed the front strut mount. 

Hope that helps. 

• Platinum Member

When you read the details in the report, it’s world wide don’t know why they mention specifically also in Sweden and Slovenia 🤔

• Platinum Member

I have had no joy getting an answer out of Jeep UK, having said that I never really expected a call back the following day as promised and haven’t had chance to chase the last couple of weeks been a bit busy. 

On 02/06/2023 at 22:04, Mike WK2 said:

Hi Gerald, 

if your stood at the front of car with bonnet up, pull off the plastic engine cover and it’s tucked away on the left hand side right towards the back of the engine. Just passed the front strut mount. 

Hope that helps. 

Thanks, Mike; I'll have a look tomorrow, though I don't have any leaks at present.

Gerald