Jeep Trek 23 -- fuel needs

digger

• Platinum Member

For those of you with a petrol  Jeep attending JT this year who haven't been to Tuff Terrains area before you might like to know the following. 

If you are like me and hate putting that E10 rubbish in your car then you should know that the nearest fuel station at Cross gates did not have E5 last year. There was another station on the Builth road from Llandod which did but I cannot confirm this, this year on the net. I found very few other stations on our travels in the area which did.

So, I you might like having a barrel with you and or carrying stabiliser additive in case you are stuck.

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

You just reminded me of an event I did there back in 2001 during the weekend of the petrol tanker blockade. Those that found fuel to get there also managed to bring at least one 20L jerry can of petrol (some three) and we made a fuel storage dump in the field for our collection.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

There is a Big Tesco with Petrol Pumps in Llandrindod Wells and they have the Premium Unleaded. 

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

Oh , that's gr8 WJ. 

They din't have any when  I tried last year. I've tried to contact the store this week to find out what the situation is now but without success.

• Platinum Member
15 hours ago, Wildjeeper62 said:

There is a Big Tesco with Petrol Pumps in Llandrindod Wells and they have the Premium Unleaded.

I forgot about that. I topped up with E5 there every morning when we went grocery shopping.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, V said:

I forgot about that. I topped up with E5 there every morning when we went grocery shopping.

I don't understand. I thought  it was there I went and the pump was locked off!

• Platinum Member

Never mind. At least everyone should be aware to keep an alert on the issue.  I love Wales but it's not so good every where for proper fuel availability. I've also found its not so easy online to find out if stations sell E5. It may be me of course!

There is difficulty in Jeep camp South Wales area too. You just have to be aware. I nearly ran out coming back from Brechfa last year.  I went to 3 garages. 1st didn't sell it  and the 2nd 2 were both locked off. I went in and asked what the score was in the second(Shell) in  ,I think, the Trecastle area. The lady admitted they had it but kept it for local regulars  in older cars! I explained I'd have to stay the night where I'd stopped!  She kindly rang the garage owner who thankfully agreed she could unlock it for me!  I could have some but only £25 to get me back to Abercrave area where it was available.

Edited by digger
  • Like 1