Parkwood 4x4 - Sunday 16th July 2023

Volant165

• Platinum Member

We are excited to confirm Jeep Owners Club have exclusive use of the legendary Parkwood 4x4 in Tong on Sunday 16th July 2023. This incredible site offers something for every skill level and vehicle capability from shiny new 4x4s to the hardcore off roader so experienced and novice drivers are all welcome!

Date: Sunday 16th July 2023

Schedule

Arrival & check in: 9:30am

Driver Briefing: 10:00am

Event finish / site closes: 4:00pm

Tickets & Pricing

All members: £45.00

Advance ticket sales only. Please visit the club shop to order your ticket & secure your spot.

Tickets are allocated on a first come first serve basis.

One ticket per vehicle required & you must be a member of the club (easy to join).

Spectators welcome.

Unfortunately, the site has increased their hire charge since our last visit in 2018, so we’ve had to increase our ticket price to accommodate for this.

Book Tickets Here 

Vehicles

Road legal jeeps only

Vehicle recommendations

Routes are graded, starting at blue then red and lastly black.

• Blue (easy): suitable for standard vehicle on road tyres & for novices who have some basic 4x4 driving experience. 
  • Red (moderate): requires all terrain or mud tyres
  • Black (difficult): suitable for those with lift kit, winch, mud tyres. These Black routes are extreme and you will require the use of your winch! As some of the BLACK routes are very challenging!

It is the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle to decide if their Jeep is capable of dealing with the water, mud etc. The JOC team will do our best to ensure nobody gets stuck, but we can only do so much.

Home Farm
Tong Village
Bradford, West Yorkshire

BD4 0RR

Geo coordinates

421500 E - 431100 N

Directions

From the M62

• Leave the M62 at J27 & merge onto the A62
  • At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A62. Signposted `Leeds, Bradford A650`
  • Branch left and at the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the A650, Signposted Bradford.
  •  At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A650. Signposted Bradford.
  • At the roundabout take the 3rd exit (right) onto Westgate hill street (B6135)
  • When you see the 6 acres pub turn left before it onto Tong Lane.
  • Go past the Holiday Inn. Turn left into Parkwood `Home Farm`

Day time Facilities

There is a local village pub The Greyhound Inn, just two minutes down the road.

The award winning ice cream parlour, Goodall's is just a 10 minute walk as is Tong Garden Centre, with 2 cafe's.

Accommodation

There are plenty of hotels close by. The nearest is:

Tong Park Hotel

The Pastures

Toy Lane

Bradford

BD4 0RP

Camping is available on the Parkwood 4x4 site from £5 per night & has drinking water, a chemical disposal area and bins. All on first come first serve basis. Just mention the Jeep Owners Club when booking 01132854356 you will pay the campsite directly.

Team/ Leaders

Mrs V (Lou)

Brad

Look forward to seeing you all soon!

Mrs V & Team JOC

BOOK NOW

IMG_8957.JPG

IMG_8958.JPG

IMG_8955.JPG

IMG_8956 (1).JPG

• Like 4

• Platinum Member

in the past when i have been there, the owners have had a restriction on tire diameter, to prevent some routes becoming too " rutted", do you know if there is any restrictions at the moment. 

• Platinum Member
3 hours ago, frosty said:

in the past when i have been there, the owners have had a restriction on tire diameter, to prevent some routes becoming too " rutted", do you know if there is any restrictions at the moment. 

I was not informed of a restriction on booking but will double check 😊

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

As  you can see on the pIctures above the black Jeep following Paul is mine at the last attendance of JOC at Tong and I was and still am on 37in tyres.

I think that was 2 or 3 years ago but not sure of the date.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this year as I will be at the Jeep's Week event in France.

• Platinum Member
On 04/04/2023 at 19:59, Volant165 said:

We are excited to confirm Jeep Owners Club have exclusive use of the legendary Parkwood 4x4 in Tong on Sunday 16th July 2023. This incredible site offers something for every skill level and vehicle capability from shiny new 4x4s to the hardcore off roader so experienced and novice drivers are all welcome!

Date: Sunday 16th July 2023

Schedule

Arrival & check in: 9:30am

Driver Briefing: 10:00am

Event finish / site closes: 4:00pm

Tickets & Pricing

All members: £45.00

Advance ticket sales only. Please visit the club shop to order your ticket & secure your spot.

Tickets are allocated on a first come first serve basis.

One ticket per vehicle required & you must be a member of the club (easy to join).

Spectators welcome.

Unfortunately, the site has increased their hire charge since our last visit in 2018, so we’ve had to increase our ticket price to accommodate for this.

Vehicles

Road legal jeeps only

Vehicle recommendations

Routes are graded, starting at blue then red and lastly black.

• Blue (easy): suitable for standard vehicle on road tyres & for novices who have some basic 4x4 driving experience. 
  • Red (moderate): requires all terrain or mud tyres
  • Black (difficult): suitable for those with lift kit, winch, mud tyres. These Black routes are extreme and you will require the use of your winch! As some of the BLACK routes are very challenging!

It is the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle to decide if their Jeep is capable of dealing with the water, mud etc. The JOC team will do our best to ensure nobody gets stuck, but we can only do so much.

Home Farm
Tong Village
Bradford, West Yorkshire

BD4 0RR

Geo coordinates

421500 E - 431100 N

Directions

From the M62

• Leave the M62 at J27 & merge onto the A62
  • At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A62. Signposted `Leeds, Bradford A650`
  • Branch left and at the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the A650, Signposted Bradford.
  •  At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A650. Signposted Bradford.
  • At the roundabout take the 3rd exit (right) onto Westgate hill street (B6135)
  • When you see the 6 acres pub turn left before it onto Tong Lane.
  • Go past the Holiday Inn. Turn left into Parkwood `Home Farm`

Day time Facilities

There is a local village pub The Greyhound Inn, just two minutes down the road.

The award winning ice cream parlour, Goodall's is just a 10 minute walk as is Tong Garden Centre, with 2 cafe's.

Accommodation

There are plenty of hotels close by. The nearest is:

Tong Park Hotel

The Pastures

Toy Lane

Bradford

BD4 0RP

Camping is available on the Parkwood 4x4 site from £5 per night & has drinking water, a chemical disposal area and bins. All on first come first serve basis. Just mention the Jeep Owners Club when booking 01132854356 you will pay the campsite directly.

Team/ Leaders

Mrs V (Lou)

Brad

Look forward to seeing you all soon!

Mrs V & Team JOC

IMG_8957.JPG

IMG_8958.JPG

IMG_8955.JPG

IMG_8956 (1).JPG

Sounds like an amazing day - a bit to far for us - but looking forward to see the pics!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Excellent site! 

Sadly I can't make this one as I will be at the France event too!  Have a brilliant day everyone.

Fireman Iain

I've only made 1 JOC meet before, and really enjoyed it. Tong is pretty much just up the road from my girlfriends place, but we're at a wedding do the night before. I'll have to do some negotiating but hope to see you there. 

• Platinum Member
10 hours ago, Jeepinwithgeorgie said:

Is this instead of the slindon safari weekend? 

Yes it is. We will return to Slindon later in the year instead. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Caroline12 said:

This looks amazing, but as @MGomes said, a bit too far for me for the day 😕

Sad you can't join us. Tong is a fabulous site which lots of variety 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths

Looks a great venue but sadly we had booked a short break thinking Summer Camp may be at Slindon so we are the wrong end of the country on the 16th.

Have a great time and hopefully there will be other opportunities to visit Parkwood with JOC.

• Sad 2

• Platinum Member
On 09/04/2023 at 19:34, eastbournesmiths said:

Looks a great venue but sadly we had booked a short break thinking Summer Camp may be at Slindon so we are the wrong end of the country on the 16th.

Have a great time and hopefully there will be other opportunities to visit Parkwood with JOC.

The official summer camp will be at Walters arena the first weekend of September 😊. Hope you have a great break! Lou 

• 1 month later...
Fireman Iain
22 hours ago, Mike WK2 said:

All booked 😁

Me too a couple of weeks ago. So that's at least 2 WK2's going.

• Platinum Member

Hi. Booked in for the day and thinking of making a few days as it’s quite a way for us. Is there any green laning nearby to parkwood that we could do on the Saturday, and if so, is anyone else planning to do any? (And could we join you if you are😎)

mel

• Platinum Member

Has anyone managed to get hold of Parkwood to book camping ? 

I have tried 3 times now, keep leaving messages as it goes to answer phone but not getting a call back ? 

• Platinum Member

Thanks Trev, I actual got hold of them earlier today, and was told to book via the website 😆. So have done it that way. 

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hi Raakhee, 

yes it is cancelled, I was booked already but had an email earlier in the week, explaining unfortunately it has to be postponed until latter in the year due to recent illness. 

• Sad 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Raakhee said:

Is the event now cancelled? The ticket page say "out of stock"

WTF?
I saw this evens posts on Facebook so I thought that I would bump this up on the forum as I had not seen many details here.
Apologies to those who have seen my post. I am no longer in the loop when it comes to events or the running of JOC but I am still a Jeep freak.

I hope that that whoever is unwell is ok

Edited by JimC
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member

Mike you are welcome to join us on our expedition on Monday for as many days as you want. The starting point is 1hr 40 mins further North near Whitby.

• Like 3