Jeep events abroad 2023.

digger

• Platinum Member

Hi everyone, 

I am aware that any 'Jeeping 'I don't take part in soon , I may never do!!! However a co driver is essential to me. I am pleased to say I'm well on the way to gaining one this year again , all being well.

Those of us who went to Belgium Jeepers Days ' last year were made very welcome and we had a brilliant time! I am keen to do such an event again. Unfortunately the Pyrenees trip was not really possible this year. This was a shame especially after Stinger and V put a lot of work into it.  I am trying to confirm but I think 'Belgium' is not on again until 2024. 

So I am looking at other options.

There is an event  at 'Saint Synphorien de Marmagnes' in Mid France. ' Wild Jeeper' is going (via Dover)and has been before and says it is excellent. I may well go too(via Caen) subject  to  confirming  a co driver. The only draw back is that I think  it is the same weekend as 'Slindon 'camp in July.

There is  'European Jeepers Jamboree'  26-29th May at Douzy in northern France.

Does anyone else have interest this year or previous experience ?  Any other options/events? Views? Input? 

• Platinum Member

Addendum. I am receiving conflicting evidence re 'Belgium Jeepers Days' September 2023. it seems it may not be cancelled after all. I will up date asap.

• Platinum Member

Hi all,

As stated by Phil aka Mr Digger the Belgium event might be on this year but we are still waiting confirmation. This was really a good event, great fun, friendly people, brilliant site and affordable .Just under 3 hours drive from Calais so not too far either. As soon I know I will update you.  

The European Jamboree is a completely different event. I went there in 2013, 2014 and 2017 I don't want to put people off but I won't go again. One of the reasons is it is a lot dearer than any Jeep event that I have ever attended (485 Euros for a Jeep + Pilot and passengers).   I enclose the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.europeanjeepersjamboree.nl/English/index.php

The 3rd Event that Phil was talking about in Saint Syphorien de Marmagnes is also a really great event organised by a club called "Jeep's Week". I enclose a picture of their Facebook Ad so you can search for them under that name.

It is about 8 hours drive from Calais or similar from Cherbourg or Caen. Look for Le Creusot om Google Map, this is a nice little town a couple of miles away from the site. Because it's quite a drive down the weather is almost guarantied to be hot and sunny so it's camping on site. A really friendly Team on site organise the different challenges during the day (Blind drive, Trial Easy Challenge and Trial Hard Challenge). There is a bar with food, Disco in the evenings and a dinner on the Saturday evening. This year it's over 3 Days but unfortunately the dates fall at same dates as the JOC Summer Event so I hope that the JOC Administrators are not going to see my post as competition. I am not trying to recruit but only to post information.

Screenshot_20230121_212612_Facebook.jpg

• Platinum Member

Digger.  I did EJJ back in 2017 along with Alex and Jim. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole event.  If I would look to do any of these events this year EJJ would top the list. 

it’s a well planned event.  The routes between the off-road areas are just as exciting as the off road sections. 

• Platinum Member
On 22/01/2023 at 14:10, fen01 said:

Digger.  I did EJJ back in 2017 along with Alex and Jim. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole event.  If I would look to do any of these events this year EJJ would top the list. 

it’s a well planned event.  The routes between the off-road areas are just as exciting as the off road sections. 

Hi Fenton,

I was not trying to put people off this event, it's just that every time I go there something goes wrong for me so I won't go again.

One thing I would like to say is that I am used to Jeep Events abroad, like Chambon in France, Maggiora in Italy or the Belgian Jeepers meeting last year. I am not talking about competition events here just Jeep events for fun. The EJJ is two to three times dearer than any other similar Jeep event. For some people money is not an issue but I thought it was worth mentioning it, that's all.