Cheap set of '01 TJ wheels

doodle

• Platinum Member

All,

I'm after a real cheap set of wheels to fit a TJ. they're basically for fitting the Jeep while the others are refurbed so the TJ is kept mobile while work is carried out on it.

If any one knows where some are then please let me know.

Tires fitted would be preferable but not essential and the tires don't need to be road legal as it wont be going on the road!

1 hour ago, doodle said:

All,

I'm after a real cheap set of wheels to fit a TJ. they're basically for fitting the Jeep while the others are refurbed so the TJ is kept mobile while work is carried out on it.

Tires fitted would be preferable but not essential and the tires don't need to be road legal as it wont be going on the road!

I can't help with wheels, but if you come across 16" wheels I am about to have some cheap Insa Turbo AT tyres replaced.  I was going to get the garage to get rid of them.  They are about 6 years old, but no more than 10k on them (spare unused).  If in the next few days you think they would be a help just let me know.  I can stick them in my pick-up and bring them over.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, UKTJ said:

I can't help with wheels, but if you come across 16" wheels I am about to have some cheap Insa Turbo AT tyres replaced.  I was going to get the garage to get rid of them.  They are about 6 years old, but no more than 10k on them (spare unused).  If in the next few days you think they would be a help just let me know.  I can stick them in my pick-up and bring them over.

Oh okay. Let me do some hunting around tomorrow while I'm busy at work 

• Like 1

• Area Representative
4 hours ago, doodle said:

All,

Where are you located ? I have a spare set you can borrow But I am in Shropshire

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
9 hours ago, Stu2985 said:

Where are you located ? I have a spare set you can borrow But I am in Shropshire

Cheers Stu, 

Great offer- Bit far at the moment and i have no idea how long id need them for. Let me see if i can sort something out and i may come back to you if that's okay?

• Platinum Member

Are TJ centres and spacing the same as JK? I have a spare set of 17” JK modular steels? If they are any good for you Paul.

• Like 1

• Area Representative
6 hours ago, doodle said:

Cheers Stu, 

Great offer- Bit far at the moment and i have no idea how long id need them for. Let me see if i can sort something out and i may come back to you if that's okay?

thats fine there is no hurry for them back they are spares complete with almost new ATs

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

hanks typically they're not.  5x 4.5 are TJ

5x5 jk.. although I'm now going to double check. I thought it may be as easy to get adapters and plonk on my spare jk set 

Thanks for the offer though 

Edited by doodle

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, TimC said:

Are TJ centres and spacing the same as JK? I have a spare set of 17” JK modular steels? If they are any good for you Paul.

Oops sorry see above Tim

• Platinum Member
57 minutes ago, Stu2985 said:

thats fine there is no hurry for them back they are spares complete with almost new ATs

Saying that your only a couple of hours away😁

• Platinum Member
19 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

My tyres are getting switched tomorrow, any thoughts on whether they would be of any use?

hey, Its cool - it will be easier to let tires i think - thanks anyway. 

it looks like a friend ,may have a set of wheels and tires from a Cherokee but I've not been off work to double check things... 

thanks al the same

• Like 1