East Anglia Pub Meet

V

• Platinum Member

I need two more members to make organising an East Anglia pub meet worthwhile. There are currently just two of us, JimC and I. Therefore, it seems reasonable that I find a venue within an hour's drive (35 miles) of us. So far, the zone of interest includes:

• Swaffam
  • Watton
  • Attleborough
  • Brandon
  • Thetford
  • Diss
  • Eye
  • Bury St Edmunds
  • Needham Market
  • Hadleigh

With two more likely attendees the zone can shrink down further to the same mutual 1 hour range to find the first venue. As it will soon be summer, there will likely be green laning involved as part of the pub meet.

Let me know if you are interested and what the nearest village/town to you is. Or if you prefer which of the above ten towns is nearest to you.

Edited by V
grammar
  • Like 2

• Platinum Member

This is the map of the zone I am looking for a suitable venue in.

east-anglia-pub-meet-zone.png

Edited by V

• Platinum Member
Jeepinwithgeorgie

Yes! We're in Essex so the bottom part of your circled area is better for us but would happily travel 😊

• Platinum Member
Jeepinwithgeorgie
9 minutes ago, V said:

That's great. Would Thetford be too far out for you?

Nope, all good. Its been a while since we've been to Thetford so would be rude not to 😂

• Platinum Member

Hi V, 

I would be interested, it will be dependant on when your thinking. I broke my knee bank holiday Monday so driving is out for at least 6 weeks probably near 8 before I would be fit for lanning etc:

nearest location on the map for me is Bury St Edmunds, but happy to travel anywhere within the map subject to being back on my feet. 

thanks Mike 

28 minutes ago, Mike WK2 said:

Hi V, 

I would be interested, it will be dependant on when your thinking. I broke my knee bank holiday Monday so driving is out for at least 6 weeks probably near 8 before I would be fit for lanning etc:

nearest location on the map for me is Bury St Edmunds, but happy to travel anywhere within the map subject to being back on my feet. 

thanks Mike 

Hope you make a speedy recovery Mike!

• Platinum Member

Mike, sorry to hear about your knee. Don't overdo it during recovery.

If the pub meet gets off the ground we will do it monthly so you wont miss out.

What day of the week should we go for? In the past I have asked the landlord and they usually prefer a night when they are less busy. It works out well for us as we get more spaces in the car park and nobody minds if we get noisy. Anyone know of any good venues in the southern part of this zone between Thetford and Ipswich?