Blackrockrubicon is collecting supplies for Ukraine

fen01

• Platinum Member

Hi all.

I am posting this on behalf of Blackrockrubicon (Steve).

Steve is currently documenting donated supplies for his first run to the Ukraine Polish border this weekend.  I have added items to the load and volunteered to help him create future loads.

Steve's plan when he gets out to the camps on the Polish border is to understand whether there are any specific items needed by those fleeing from Ukraine.  He will also be talking to former colleagues from RE:ACT disaster recovery around whether to use their supply chain logistics to move items more effectively.

The key items needed at this moment in time are:

- Powerbanks (to charge phones)

- Large and medium size backpacks

- Camping mats

- Sleeping bags

- Protein bars / energy bars

- Anti-flu medicine (lemsip etc)

- Wound dressing materials

- First aid kits

- warm blankets

- Thermal base layers

- Hot water bottles

- insulated flasks (hot drink travel mugs)

- baby food (must not contain dairy  / meat products)

- Nappies

- Feminine sanitary products

- Torches

- Batteries

Ideally we are looking for multiple / bulk items. This is to allow to be handed out at the refugee reception centres.

I appreciate this is a talk ask.

if you do want to help, please DM myself (fen01 and blackrockrubicon) we'll let you know where to send items in the UK.

Thank you

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Fen, do you want to include an email address as Silver members do not have the ability to DM.

• Platinum Member
51 minutes ago, fen01 said:

Hi all.

I am posting this on behalf of Blackrockrubicon (Steve).

Steve is currently documenting donated supplies for his first run to the Ukraine Polish border this weekend.  I have added items to the load and volunteered to help him create future loads.

Steve's plan when he gets out to the camps on the Polish border is to understand whether there are any specific items needed by those fleeing from Ukraine.  He will also be talking to former colleagues from RE:ACT disaster recovery around whether to use their supply chain logistics to move items more effectively.

The key items needed at this moment in time are:

- Powerbanks (to charge phones)

- Large and medium size backpacks

- Camping mats

- Sleeping bags

- Protein bars / energy bars

- Anti-flu medicine (lemsip etc)

- Wound dressing materials

- First aid kits

- warm blankets

- Thermal base layers

- Hot water bottles

- insulated flasks (hot drink travel mugs)

- baby food (must not contain dairy  / meat products)

- Nappies

- Feminine sanitary products

- Torches

- Batteries

Ideally we are looking for multiple / bulk items. This is to allow to be handed out at the refugee reception centres.

I appreciate this is a talk ask.

if you do want to help, please DM myself (fen01 and blackrockrubicon) we'll let you know where to send items in the UK.

Thank you

if you are not able to direct message me but want to help, you can contact us both using the following email address - ukrainerefugeehelp@gmail.com

• Platinum Member

6B9E1A0D-6B19-4A11-86BA-5C3B567EBB39.jpeg7EB37E93-0800-4A19-BBA1-ADFFC209D5B6.jpeg7D03CDA8-EDC4-4C9F-92DD-AAC5089A6AAF.jpegZapcat (Paul) is setting off in the morning with a van loaded full of supplies too. 

Today I had short notice hospital appointments in London so along the way Lou and I were able pack the back of the JL with some goods that were in need. Hats off to Zapcat, Blackboxjeep and all the Jeepers showing the initiative to help with what will be a massive relief effort.

Safe travels and keep us updated. 

• Like 2