Hello there!

Drew19

• Platinum Member

Just a quick hello, after finally joining the Jeep owners club, it's only taken a couple of years to get round to it.

Fingers crossed I get to use it a bit more this year!

IMG_20210626_1436563.jpg

• Like 6

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Hi Drew and a very warm welcome to the club 👋👍

That is one awesome Jeep 😍😍😍

Hope to catch up with you at one of the future advents and bag a chance of a good look round 👍👍👍

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
23 hours ago, JimC said:

Very nice.
Any plans for explorations?

We did have!! When we got it, we had plans to travel during the summer to Morocco. However, that turned out to be two weeks before the first Covid lock down, and since then much has changed, so we'll see what this year brings! 

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the welcome! I've put a few pictures of the Jeep. It's still a work in progress ( I guess these vehicles always are really!) It was in a bit of a state when we got it. Outwardly it looked fine, but the last owners had essentially used it, and as stuff packed up in the camper just unplugged it! We've also had a lot of mechanical work done, some preventative like the cambelt/pump/tensioners, some to fix issues that had been ignored like suspension bushes/components.

I've got a video of the roof opening, but its to big to upload unfortunately, and I've no idea why the portrait photos are on their side!

20210605-IMG_2529-2 (2).JPG

IMG_20200407_1454540 1.jpg

IMG_20200808_1836398.jpg

IMG_20200808_2017560.jpg

IMG_20210620_2203521.jpg

IMG_20200808_1132402.jpg

IMG_20200808_1508493.jpg

IMG_20210621_2214415.jpg

IMG_20200407_1455396.jpg

• Like 5

It looks awesome.  I did look it up online after I saw the post, looks a rare beast.  We’re they sold in the UK or was it originally imported by somebody?

• Platinum Member

Great looking Jeep.  The Gladiator lends itself well to truck bed campers too.

Edited by jeepstertim

• Platinum Member
12 hours ago, UKTJ said:

It looks awesome.  I did look it up online after I saw the post, looks a rare beast.  We’re they sold in the UK or was it originally imported by somebody?

Thank you! It is rare, Earthroamer did somewhere between 12 and 14 of them in the US, depending who you speak to! This is as far as we're aware the only RHD Diesel one made. It was originally ordered and owned by a couple in Australia. They travelled extensively around Aus, including across the Simpson desert. Apparently once they'd done with it, it was sent over here to their kids, who used it, until they chopped it in for an A class motorhome. They did have a blog at one point and I did try to contact them for more info on it, but got nowhere.

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, jeepstertim said:

Great looking Jeep.  The Gladiator lends itself well to truck bed campers too.

They do indeed, this however isn't a truck bed camper, you can scrabble through from the front seats, and the camper unit is integrated into the original JKU body. It also still retains a full internal roll cage, all be it modified in the rear camper section.

3 hours ago, Drew19 said:

Thank you! It is rare, Earthroamer did somewhere between 12 and 14 of them in the US, depending who you speak to! This is as far as we're aware the only RHD Diesel one made. It was originally ordered and owned by a couple in Australia. They travelled extensively around Aus, including across the Simpson desert. Apparently once they'd done with it, it was sent over here to their kids, who used it, until they chopped it in for an A class motorhome. They did have a blog at one point and I did try to contact them for more info on it, but got nowhere.

Great looking JK and really great that it’s found a loving home.

I did see it on Autotrader a few years back and it was presented in an awful state. The internal phots showed sweet wrappers and other personal stuff just lying around, was never show to its best.

Glad it’s got a home again and best luck on any expedition you get to take once we can get out again

• Like 1