Martin

Martin Stollery

Martin Stollery

Hi Jeep club. I’ve just joined although I’ve owned Jeeps for about 20 years. I did belong to the old Jeep club but that seems to have disappeared (unless you know any different). I currently own thee Jeeps, a 2008 SRT8 and two Comanche Jeeps that I’ve just imported from their homeland. If anyone is local to the Maidenhead area and would like to meet up please reply.

Regards,…Martin.🙃

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Martin Stollery said:

...two Comanche Jeeps that I’ve just imported...

These we definitely need to see! Got any pics?

• Platinum Member

Welcome Martin!

Wow, nice fleet.

We are at an event today in Aldermaston, would have been a good opportunity to meet the club and members. More events and meet ups for sure! 

• Platinum Member
On 15/10/2021 at 13:47, Martin Stollery said:

Hi Jeep club. I’ve just joined although I’ve owned Jeeps for about 20 years. I did belong to the old Jeep club but that seems to have disappeared (unless you know any different). I currently own thee Jeeps, a 2008 SRT8 and two Comanche Jeeps that I’ve just imported from their homeland. If anyone is local to the Maidenhead area and would like to meet up please reply.

Regards,…Martin.🙃

Hi Martin - they are awesome!

And yes - as a new Jeep owner I am up for a meet.  I’m not that far from Maidenhead - just south of Salisbury.  

in fact I was born in Maidenhead - we lived in Spencer’s Road

Hopefully a few of us can get together.  I was too late for the Aldermaston meet.

Clive

Martin Stollery

Hi Clive, my first house was 111 Belmont road, about five doors from Belmont stores, lived there from 81 to 86. We could have been neighbours. I’ve now moved to Pinkneys Green. 
Hope to meet you and some of the other members soon.

Martin Stollery

A Blue SRT8, I fitted the roof rails so I could fit my roof bars and roof box for holidays (I kept the old bits though). The polished wheels are from the USA, 20”x9” (275/40/20) at the front, 20”x10” (315/35/20) at the rear. Custom built free flow st/st exhaust pipe with standard exit tips. It’s so quiet that people mistake it for an electric vehicle,…….NOT!🙃

When I bought it I was told that it was the only “steel blue metallic” SRT8 in the country, I’ve seen one on eBay for sale but I think that was a Japanese import.  The original owner was an Irish footballer who lived near Oxford.

A88A0756-2E7C-4C1C-91F9-B6AEAFED9B67.jpeg

• Like 1

Martin Stollery

Government site says there are currently four Comanches with MOT’s in the U.K. at present (hopefully soon to be six). I bought the blue one and a friend of mine wanted the white one but wasn’t happy about importing. I offered to import them both. Unfortunately his circumstances have changed so it seems I now own two (one for every day and one for use at the weekend maybe?). I’m not sure what to do yet, I’m trying to see if I can get them into advertising as unusual cars can apparently be quite sort after ( I’m sure that’s spelt wrong , but spell check,… let’s not go there) Maybe the Milky Bar Kid will ditch his horse, pass his driving test and drive a white Comanche!

Or maybe I’ll just sell the white one, but when you add up the purchase cost, import cost, dock storage, import tax, government vat and registration costs, it doesn’t come cheap. You would have to be really daft and want one bad enough to pay that amount of money for a 30 year old imported truck, mind you, I was (twice).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1