Buzz973

• Platinum Member

Hi everyone, just in the process of obtaining myself a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2007 Overland model. 
Have done a bit of off-reading a few years ago with a 300Tdi Discovery. 
Lots of water under the bridge since then and many vehicles. However, got a call back to the 4x4 dark side due to where I live and road/weather conditions. 
Not really got any intentions of going back to the severe off-reading events I got involved with, just using the Jeep for location purposes and maybe some green landing. 
Very impressed with how the Jeep looks and drives. Big 3 litre V6 diesel a pretty sound unit. I’ve joined the forum/group as I find the down to earth banter and vehicle knowledge/experience much better within a forum group. 
Looking forward to getting to grips with the forum and all your help and guidance.

Best wishes 

Andy

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Hi Andy welcome back from the dark side that is Land Rover 🤣🤣 and a warm welcome to the club, you will find everyone on here is very friendly and also there is a huge knowledge base within the forum members and they will always be happy to answer questions if they can :rsz_img16:

• Platinum Member

Thanks Spookie. Appreciate the warm welcome and L/R laughter! Funny how you see the banter from a different side once in!😁

My main concerns will be reliability I suppose? The Jeep I’m getting has had a really good pass rate on the Gov.MOTchecker, one of the reasons we went for it. It is having the ball joints done as I write, one thing picked up on the MOT last week. 
I will be able to do diff oils and engine oils myself in the future. With an engine oil change a bit sooner than the recommended service dates. I used to do my Discovery every 6000 miles regardless. It ran faultless I must admit. 
As mentioned, I look forward to getting stuck into the forum and topics, have attached image of the impending vehicle.👍

BBEE5F3C-29EE-4538-A6E6-00479F9C8485.jpeg

073DD631-E240-4C4D-93A2-FA8911FF96A4.jpeg

72C047C3-E4E1-4789-8935-D375713B3270.jpeg

D1ED8E4F-A99F-4F01-A29B-B9025E664A9F.jpeg

Edited by Buzz973
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
45 minutes ago, Buzz973 said:

Thanks Spookie. Appreciate the warm welcome and L/R laughter! Funny how you see the banter from a different side once in!😁

My main concerns will be reliability I suppose? The Jeep I’m getting has had a really good pass rate on the Gov.MOTchecker, one of the reasons we went for it. It is having the ball joints done as I write, one thing picked up on the MOT last week. 
I will be able to do diff oils and engine oils myself in the future. With an engine oil change a bit sooner than the recommended service dates. I used to do my Discovery every 6000 miles regardless. It ran faultless I must admit. 
As mentioned, I look forward to getting stuck into the forum and topics, have attached image of the impending vehicle.👍

BBEE5F3C-29EE-4538-A6E6-00479F9C8485.jpeg

073DD631-E240-4C4D-93A2-FA8911FF96A4.jpeg

72C047C3-E4E1-4789-8935-D375713B3270.jpeg

D1ED8E4F-A99F-4F01-A29B-B9025E664A9F.jpeg

Your welcome Andy, had a few 4x4s in my time when I started with on old series 3 L.R then converted from the dark side to a Pajero. Met the L.R versus other 4x4s banter at my 1st off roading event when I got shafted by L.R owners who sent me round the short wheelbased course in a long wheelbase Pajero. Yes I ended up well and truely jammed and had to be towed out by, you guessed it, a L.R. and a lot of laughing owners ................. moral of the story - don't trust L.R. owners when they are running the event 🤣💩🤣

Now I have 2002 4.7 V8 WG Grand Cherokee Overland and I love it to death. Done some mods to it but it still a work in progress, I guess they all are if you dont leave them stock 🤣

Thanks for the photos of yours it looks great, your going to have a lot of fun in it, a lot of the guys on here have got the same model as yours so you will be able to get lots of help and advice if you need it. Hope to see you at some events once the damed Covid bug and the govenment let us out to play AGAIN. Where abouts are you from?

:rsz_img16:

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the messages guys. I’m up in North Lincolnshire, near Scunthorpe. Picking the Jeep up tomorrow, so hopefully get a few more photos uploaded. Will be having a good look over myself for a couple of hours no doubt😄. My biggest question at the moment is tyres and what you all recommend/run with? What’s the biggest tyre I can stretch to without any lifts/wheel arches? 
best wishes 

Andy

• Like 1